Cricket 19 General Discussion

hammad333

School Cricketer
@MattW can frame rate during replays and highlights be improved in upcoming patches? i am loving rest of the gameplay. great job [HASHTAG]#bigantstudios[/HASHTAG]

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
At the end of 15th over Pakistan 44/0 with Imam Ul Haq 17 from 53 deliveries and Fakar 24 from 40

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How have you found AI in the longer formats? I cant fault T20 and list A/Odi, but I am seeing very low scores in first class/tests, lots of batting collapses and am yet to see a single drawn match.

This is with both games I have played in, and numerous games largely simulated in career mode. Shorter formats seem spot on, longer formats are 2 day wicket fests.
AI is ok in batting... i find conditions are important. conditions in your favour and you bowl well you can trouble them and get them out cheap, good batting conditions or you're not hitting the spot, they will punish you and rack up a score.

the disappointment really is when they are bowling. fields or bowling round/over randomly changing for one ball, and the bouncers/wides... it's improved in today's patch (or my slider change to up bowl quality, or both), but they are still not at the level where you make a feature of a smart AI bowling to a plan... when they do "have a plan", it's really telegraphed: they put in a leg gully for one ball and bowl a bouncer... then back to 4 slips and bowling length...

TommoN

Club Captain
Sorry if this has been asked a million times but I can’t find an answer

Is there a way to get best?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
25 overs half way stage Pakistan 64/4 wtf! Two matches in a row the AI is not at all trying.. not even trying to run a single. Hafeez is 2 runs from 14 balls

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
it seems the wides/byes issue, while reduced significantly, is still present on any pitch from soft and up and especially medium and hard.

it's a length issue, not line. essentially the AI is banging it in really short and the umpires are calling it wide. it does need looking at.

i think the game is generally excellent, but given improved AI was a trailed "feature", i think the AI when bowling has been a disappointment unfortunately.
Agreed, its my main peeve at the moment.

Also right arm bowlers bowling over the wicket to left handers really need a line tuning - most of the stuff they offer is on middle/middle and leg or leg stump, hardly anything offside, its like the AI doesnt realise its a left hander on strike and think its right handed.

Also the carry on even a medium pitch simply isnt there - to make the edges carry i have to bring the keeper up - fair enough on soft but on medium barely anything carries to the slip cordon - needs a tweak.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
In the end Pakistan scored 161 for 9 in 50 overs... similar to first match where SaF scored 169

Imperious Red

Club Cricketer
I was doing it wrong all this while.

View attachment 221812

Yeah me too, I had thought they removed fine length as you don't know it's even there in game. But it's good to know pre delivery lol. In ashes I was doing it during run up and holding it at times

I also wouldn't mind a little toggle display to let you know you are in grounded shot or special. I guess forcing you to remember if you pressed it or not keeps you focused so I guess it's for the better. Either way I'm used to it all once again and find myself in the zone lately. I love the improved back foot shots and the Bat Mid cam is a blessing.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
You telling me you haven’t played on a soft pitch with no carry and a batsmen has played with soft hands and the nick hasn’t carried?
In that scenario, keeper had the option to stand close to wicket and slip fielders also come even closer, but in the game we don't have that luxury... If BA added that in the game to call keeper and Slip even closer, than it will fix that irritating times...

Last edited:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I hear you regarding pre-meditation and having 2-3 shots or go-to areas planned. I do the same while batting now but the approach works (at least for me) as long as the control remains RS as I can change/tweak the RS between the 2-3 areas I had planned. It's intuitive and works well. The problem is when you have to use shoulder buttons (i.e. L1/L2, R1/R2) as the only way you can use these buttons along with RS is for you to get additional time, i.e. increasing the ball marker display time which takes some of the fun out of batting. It's quite difficult to suddenly press shoulder buttons at the last moment and not something you can do instinctivelly the way you can change the direction of RS.

That's why I'm not a big fan of advance down the wkt shots or advance/sweep shots or aggressive ground shots (L2+R2) as you pretty much decide to play the shot before the ball is bowled, and that's why I barely use them. I can live without all those shots as they are not the basic/fundamental cricketing shots, and require some sort of pre-meditation to some extent in real life as well. But leg glance is a different story as it's a basic cricket shot just like running the ball down to 3rd man or flick off the pads which doesn't require any pre-meditation in actual cricket. Such a shot should not require an additional button such as R1 else you will end up shelving it more often than not, or worse end up fumbling with shoulder buttons and ending up playing a different shot altogether.

IMO it's better to add back foot leg glance animation based on height, i.e. anything below chest area off the backfoot results in a leg glance and anything chest high or higher results in pull/hook animation. No additional button/control scheme and results in what happens in real cricket most of the time. The only tweak to this logic would be for spinners where a red short delivery (long hop) off the back foot should result in a pull if played in front off square and glance if played behind square.
Hi old friend. It is fascinating to read your insights into yet another Cricket game. I haven't got the game yet but will definitely get it having read mostly positive things about it on pc. With regards to the legside glance, I fully concur. It is a staple shot for any half decent batsman and should be easy to execute.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Genuinely haven’t been this happy or excited about a cricket game since Shane Warne 99. I’m LOVING career mode. Just got the 1.03 update of even more enhancements which I will check out soon.

I’m just happy the game has been released so we’ll developed, unlike previous iterations which I’m sure most can admit weren’t close to ready.

Little nuances Im loving. The cutscenes for drinks breaks for example. The fact that Headingly is a strange shape. The wicketkeeper animation improvements. The audio of the chorus of players appealing. Quaint village grounds for club cricket. All good.

Just wish that when it rained there was clouds.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi old friend. It is fascinating to read your insights into yet another Cricket game. I haven't got the game yet but will definitely get it having read mostly positive things about it on pc. With regards to the legside glance, I fully concur. It is a staple shot for any half decent batsman and should be easy to execute.

Hey Sami! How are you bud? I'm more than sure you're going to love the game. It has a few things which need to be polished but overall it's a step up from the previous games.

Users who are viewing this thread