Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Maharaj, Lyon etc. - Take away any perks that involve benefit to doosra. And doosra skill to 0

Ashwin - Unchanged

I don't know anyone else who can bowl a doosra. Moeen Ali? I am also confused as to whether it is a legal delivery IRL.

Of course, we don't have this problem with leggies who all have a googly, but I guess not all have a flipper.

Some of the old era wrist spinners were what’s known as “googly” bowlers and they were wrist spinners who didn’t have a leg spinner, they basically bowled only googlies and top spinners.

Hobbi07

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Loving the game so far - much better than the previous version. However, I can't seem to find the option to turn the shot placement on when batting (highlighting on the radar where you are aiming) - it's available on batting games but I can't seem to find any option in settings?

If anyone could help that would be great.

Cheers

Sir Mike Rose

Club Captain
Profile Flag
West Indies
The game needs fixing
In nets there is a glitch each time you go to game settings the batsman looking at his hands and position the wrong way

The ball is invisible -- cant see the ball no ball marker

kills immersion,

sportsmad

School Cricketer
Loving the game so far - much better than the previous version. However, I can't seem to find the option to turn the shot placement on when batting (highlighting on the radar where you are aiming) - it's available on batting games but I can't seem to find any option in settings?

If anyone could help that would be great.

Cheers

I think its in the settings under radar mode

Dilaudid

School Cricketer
Really enjoying it, but finding it impossible to hit boundaries with my career player. I get its because his stats are awful, but I'm just making scores of 50+ every time, but in one's or twos. It's weird, I feel like I should put the difficulty up, but then scoring boundaries are gonna be even more unlikely *shrug*

Nodster

School Cricketer
Enjoying it so far. Played my first day of a fresh ashes series. Bowled the Aussies out for 320, Head somehow topscored with 124. Could have been a great day if I'd skittled him earlier. Anyone else notice you don't get the new ball option at 80th over? I only had a couple of wickets left to take by then so it didn't matter, but I was unsure if I got a new ball or not really. Played out until the end of the day for a couple of overs and managed to see it through with no wickets lost.

Not playing Career yet until I can sort out the teams. Is anyone else having issues downloading community content on PS4? It can wait, as I'm not in a huge rush, but wouldn't mind doing a World Cup also, which I'd feel wasted time if I was using default squads!

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Some annoyances and improvements regarding career mode
1)perks for all club players are must
2)club players overall rating should be between 40s and 60s and FC ratings b/w 50s and 70s
3)career mode fc are heavily bowling favored where as OD and t20 are batting favored when simulating the games, ideally a slider for altering simulation results will be great but a balancing process should be done.
4)bowling ratings for inswing out swing leg cutter and off cutters will add great dimension to career mode npc players

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ok I set up that SA v Bang scenario, quick and dirty though. The scenario editor is really quite amazing and detailed. I think I could spend two or so hours just looking up and punching in all the details.

I knew I had to chase hard so risky batting was go. Got to 293 after 50 on pro AI/medium. Lost by 37. It was a hell of a lot of fun though and it makes me want to set this up with all the details. Thinking of having it start just after the first wicket taken.

Would be cool if Big Ant created some weekly scenarios and we could conquer them for a certain number of career skill points.

Last edited:

N Jones

Club Captain
Is it me or has the difficulty been ramped up a bit on this version. I'm on pro/med/med and but I'm not hitting boundaries and so far it's singles all the time.the timing on pro has definitely changed so you really have to watch the ball on to the bat. Plus for some reason in the world championship mode there seems to be only 6 rounds of matches but obviously there's 10 teams which is strange. Also in the first round I'm playing England against South Africa but it's showing at the bottom of week one that South Africa have already played. A bit confusing. Has anyone else had issues like this..?

D

Deleted member 193590

Is it me or has the difficulty been ramped up a bit on this version. I'm on pro/med/med and but I'm not hitting boundaries and so far it's singles all the time.the timing on pro has definitely changed so you really have to watch the ball on to the bat. Plus for some reason in the world championship mode there seems to be only 6 rounds of matches but obviously there's 10 teams which is strange. Also in the first round I'm playing England against South Africa but it's showing at the bottom of week one that South Africa have already played. A bit confusing. Has anyone else had issues like this..?

Yes it is harder(that's what she said)...just do what I did and make a custom difficulty,takes a while to get it right but once you do it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread