Cricket 19 General Discussion

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Is it me or has the difficulty been ramped up a bit on this version. I'm on pro/med/med and but I'm not hitting boundaries and so far it's singles all the time.the timing on pro has definitely changed so you really have to watch the ball on to the bat. Plus for some reason in the world championship mode there seems to be only 6 rounds of matches but obviously there's 10 teams which is strange. Also in the first round I'm playing England against South Africa but it's showing at the bottom of week one that South Africa have already played. A bit confusing. Has anyone else had issues like this..?

I'm with you on the boundary thing. Only perfect and occasionally good timed shots seem to go anywhere near as far as the boundary. I'm ok with this if AI had the same parameters for shots reaching the boundary......but AI seems to find boundaries no problem....even with cheeky edged shots! S'pose I could go into sliders and alter ball physics off the bat......but I reckon that could start a snowball effect of changing sliders/ altering gameplay difficulty. So be it....I'll tinker away with gameplay sliders and the likes until I find the sweet spot or gaming nirvana.

But if you find it before I do........then maybe let me know.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm with you on the boundary thing. Only perfect and occasionally good timed shots seem to go anywhere near as far as the boundary. I'm ok with this if AI had the same parameters for shots reaching the boundary......but AI seems to find boundaries no problem....even with cheeky edged shots! S'pose I could go into sliders and alter ball physics off the bat......but I reckon that could start a snowball effect of changing sliders/ altering gameplay difficulty. So be it....I'll tinker away with gameplay sliders and the likes until I find the sweet spot or gaming nirvana.

But if you find it before I do........then maybe let me know.

It honestly is practice... it flies no problem when you get it right.

AnkitC

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One of my favourite wickets in any of the games... a genuine leading edge popped up for a c&b.

Ball was a cutter too so the dismissal felt very organic and satisfying.

Wow. That is such a beautiful wicket. Love how the Batsman keeps looking at the ball after getting the leading edge. Something so simple, that wasn't in place in the previous games and would break immersion.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Are User Stats updating correctly for everyone? I generally play matches in 'Play Now' mode and noticed no. of 100s and 50s aren't getting updated. Can't say about averages or no. of 4s or 6s as didn't notice them before to say whether they are correct or not, but no. of 100s and 50s are definitely incorrect. Am still stuck with User Stats showing that I've scored 1 100 and 2 50s in List A whereas I've scored at least 3 100s and bunch of 50s (10+) in the List A/Odi format.

I'm thinking the issue started post the latest PS4 patch (Patch 1.02 for North America). Are others seeing the same thing? Also, is there a way to reset the User stats. Can't seem to find it. There's a 'Reset Academy' option so am hoping there's one to reset user stats as well.

@MattW , @WealeyH , any help with resetting user stats?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Really enjoying it, but finding it impossible to hit boundaries with my career player. I get its because his stats are awful, but I'm just making scores of 50+ every time, but in one's or twos. It's weird, I feel like I should put the difficulty up, but then scoring boundaries are gonna be even more unlikely *shrug*

I understand where you’re coming from. A few misfields have helped me and my home ground seems to have shorter boundaries than the first couple of away ones I’ve played on.

Are you timing the ball as per the info on screen? Sometimes you gotta wait a bit but yeah, if you’re player is rated 13, he’s still got a long way to go. Have you applied the right perks, the bodybuilding one maybe?

N Jones

Club Captain
It honestly is practice... it flies no problem when you get it right.
Is that on pro difficulty. Yes i suppose practice does make perfect ,trouble is the AI will put a big score on the board so the pressure will really be on. I'm hoping someone will put a realistic sliders video on YouTube

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Is it me or has the difficulty been ramped up a bit on this version. I'm on pro/med/med and but I'm not hitting boundaries and so far it's singles all the time.the timing on pro has definitely changed so you really have to watch the ball on to the bat. Plus for some reason in the world championship mode there seems to be only 6 rounds of matches but obviously there's 10 teams which is strange. Also in the first round I'm playing England against South Africa but it's showing at the bottom of week one that South Africa have already played. A bit confusing. Has anyone else had issues like this..?

Re: Difficulty level, I’m finding a lot of variables based on quality of batsmen, opposition and game type.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Currently playing a Test as England. Had Sam Curran knocking stumps over with full in swinging deliveries and some of the edges to the keeper as well, it’s like the real thing!!!

Had a couple of sharp slip catches be caught without me having to do anything but Rory Burns held ‘em both so I’m not complaining.

Anybody got any tips for claiming wickets with spin please?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Is that on pro difficulty. Yes i suppose practice does make perfect ,trouble is the AI will put a big score on the board so the pressure will really be on. I'm hoping someone will put a realistic sliders video on YouTube

I just play on veteran hard batting and it’s tough but nail it when I get it right!

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Currently playing a Test as England. Had Sam Curran knocking stumps over with full in swinging deliveries and some of the edges to the keeper as well, it’s like the real thing!!!

Had a couple of sharp slip catches be caught without me having to do anything but Rory Burns held ‘em both so I’m not complaining.

Anybody got any tips for claiming wickets with spin please?

Hope and prey! But seriously I am struggling too so I’ve gone to audacious and attacking fields to see if it works I’ll keep trialling it.

Good on Sam Curran and maybe a win for England against the Canadians....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I just play on veteran hard batting and it’s tough but nail it when I get it right!

i've just been dismissed for 90, in about 22 overs (8-ball), on a very soft, grassy pitch. Until I slogged 2 4s to take the team score to 83 and 87, I hadn't scored a single boundary!

No complaints, just saying. Cuz in other games/innings i've timed very nicely... People do need to be patient, it's a new game with different timing and the conditions are a factor... loving it.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just convinced a good friend to get Cricket 19, feeling so good! This is only the second time, I have got a person on to a BA Game, and I feel super pleased!

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Just finished my first Ashes game. It was low scoring but man it was fun. This game is truly superb. There are a couple of little kinks to iron out (too many edges, for example) but it's by far the best cricket game ever.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
i've just been dismissed for 90, in about 22 overs (8-ball), on a very soft, grassy pitch. Until I slogged 2 4s to take the team score to 83 and 87, I hadn't scored a single boundary!

No complaints, just saying. Cuz in other games/innings i've timed very nicely... People do need to be patient, it's a new game with different timing and the conditions are a factor... loving it.
What difficulty settings and AI mentality mate?[DOUBLEPOST=1559514756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you please tell me all the difficulty settings ( AI, batting, bowling) and if you are using any modifiers?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread