Cricket 19 General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I upped the bowl quality slider too from 50 to 60. I guess I should go higher but I did just get skittled for 90 and would have been about 80 without the wides!!

Embrace those extras then haha...

Does your pitch wear save and progressively get worse as the days go on !?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Embrace those extras then haha...

Does your pitch wear save and progressively get worse as the days go on !?

I’m not sure - I’m only in day one at the moment. I think before starting this game I forgot to change the pitch wear from slow to normal so not expecting to see a lot. Especially as I’m only just past tea on day one and about to start the 3rd inns of the match!!!

98 plays 90...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'll look into the issues raised with User Stats, but I would appreciate the distinction being made between stats - as in stats tracking on players, and the user statistics screen, which doesn't have any in game impact.

Maybe I'm missing but isn't User Stats the way to track an individual user's (as in the person who plays the game) performances and stats across various formats of the game? I always deemed it the 2nd most important element of stats tracking/recording after Career mode, and I've always used it as an indicator to see how I'm progressing across the formats. But I agree stats in career mode are the most important and I've mentioned in my posts the stats bug is related to User Stats in Play Now mode and not in career mode.

On a similar note... is there a way to reset the User Stats or will I need to delete all the game data (Profile etc.) to do so?

FaizanN

Club Captain
What an amazing video! Loved how Stokes went for that review even though it was out as he recognised he was the key batsman at that time. The way you outfoxed him with that delivery was awesome too as even I expected you to bowl outside off.
yeah man it showed the realism of the game...but i loved how baistow got bowled by Amir with that inside edge

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As far as I can tell stats in career mode seem to be working. One of the first things I did was score a not out second innings century and check that it recorded correctly in my stats. It did, hence that specific bug from dbc17 and ashes was fixed at least

If you start a career mode please let me know your thoughts on AI in the longer format games. Career mode seems much improved overall, but I'm struggling to get immersed in it due to frequent batting collapses in longer format games (3 and 4 day).

Good to know the career mode stats are accurate as they are the most important ones in the game. Most probably will start the career mode in a week or two's time after getting used to the game and deciding on the best slider set. Still in the experimenting stage at the moment.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Good to know the career mode stats are accurate as they are the most important ones in the game. Most probably will start the career mode in a week or two's time after getting used to the game and deciding on the best slider set.

It's worth trying it out now and letting people know your impressions I think, and checking out stats for yourself.

I'm just testing career mode right now...not started my proper one yet! Will wait for a bit before doing that.

N Jones

Club Captain
Thanks for agreeing with me. I've also have issues with the overthrow's issue on manual fielding so I'm hoping for a great improvement in that to..
Question for Big Ant folks ( @MattW )... is it possible to view outfield speed for stadiums at the time of setting up a match? I'm asking since it's clear that outfield speeds vary - in some stadiums the ball rushes to the boundary and in some others you barely get a well timed shot get to the boundary. If we are able to view the outfield speeds at the time of setting up/creating a match, we can select the appropriate custom difficulty level (say one with Shot Power set to 30 for a fast outfield type and one with Shot Power set to 70 for a very slow outfield).[DOUBLEPOST=1559536139][/DOUBLEPOST]

Couldn't agree more and have updated my review accordingly. If the stats are not sorted out, this will be the third iteration of the game with buggy stats. Ironically the first game of the series (DBC 14) had no such issues.

Nix71289

Club Captain
I've been playing so much of career mode lately and thoroughly enjoying it with some modifiers.
1. AI is tweaked for different formats.
2. Batting and Bowling is Hard.
3. Rest is default.

Things I've noted so far:-
a. AI aggressiveness in limited overs matches is not looking at match condition but number of overs bowled by career player. In one game AI was chasing 190 in a T20 and my captain decided to hand over the bowl to me (medium pacer with less bowling skills) at the 20th over where the AI team just wanted 12 runs. They had an inform batsman facing who had already hit 20 of 12 balls including 2 sixes.

Take a guess how much he scored in the next 6 balls? 0. The AI run rate modifier was at 100 and yet it couldn't score a run. All the AI was doing was playing the prod shot! (Something that has to be looked into) Gave up being an all rounder after this effort. AI plays aggressive when you are about to finish your quota and not when you start bowling.

Free-hits are passed on till my batsman gets another go, if I had run a single when the bowler bowled a no-ball (something which was there in previous Ashes initially too).

AI keeps changing field even for a first class match every ball and left handed bowlers bowl 85% of balls on your pads or on leg side.

But yet, I am enjoying the career mode as a Batsman. Not sure why Indian career is not given a choice to pick the Zone. I am from South and so far after starting career mode for 12 times I got south zone only once.

Please try to correct some of these stuffs so that we can enjoy the game even more.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I upped the bowl quality slider too from 50 to 60. I guess I should go higher but I did just get skittled for 90 and would have been about 80 without the wides!!

I’m into my second Test. It’s a small sample size but the extras gifted by the opposition certainly dropped between the patches.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Boardcast camera 3 is good... but the problem is I can't see the ball when it goes behind the wicket (slip, keeper, thrid man etc)... And also if it zoom out little bit, then it will be a jem...

Staresblank

Club Captain
I've noticed an issue where the flight and bounce options for spinners doesn't seem to be working. Every spin delivery is delivered at 51.4mph, leggie and offie. Its a shame because the arm ball before this patch was a joy to bowl. Also it feels like the bounce of spin bowling needs tweaking, medium bounce on a standard pitch barely gets above the shins.

Anyone getting any good ODI scores? The AI was gettint over 300 before the patch but now they're struggling to get over 200, even when playing with sliders!

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Just missing real life hack, when we can get keeper just behind wicket for medium pacer in low bounce pitches to take catches... Hope BA will add that option in next patch...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've noticed an issue where the flight and bounce options for spinners doesn't seem to be working. Every spin delivery is delivered at 51.4mph, leggie and offie. Its a shame because the arm ball before this patch was a joy to bowl. Also it feels like the bounce of spin bowling needs tweaking, medium bounce on a standard pitch barely gets above the shins.

Anyone getting any good ODI scores? The AI was gettint over 300 before the patch but now they're struggling to get over 200, even when playing with sliders!
Bounce delivery is more of a quicker delivery with lower bounce. It's not named very well.

Set Up Shop

Banned
What’s everyone’s recommendations for the AI run rate slider settings to get competitive score in one day matches? They hit an awful lot of shots to the close infielders for dot balls. And I’m finding the runs they do score are mostly from edges racing to the boundary.

Users who are viewing this thread