Cricket 19 General Discussion

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Fielding and field sets have consistently been problematic areas for Big Ant. Either the fielders are supermen on speed (DBC 14) and cover too much ground or they veer towards the other end of the spectrum where every shot gets you a run irrespective of where you hit and to whom you hit. The poor field sets exacerbate the whole fielding experience with poor field sets and that's one area Big Ant has to focus big time, along with online gaming experience which should be much better in this day and age TBH. But all said and done Cricket 19 is a step in the right direction and hopefully Big Ant gets everything right eventually.

I forgot the DBC '14 supermen, they mostly occurred chasing impossible catches. It really does need to be balanced. You can't just speed up the fielders (or warp them to the ball as it was back then).

Improvement needs to come from a variety of things.

The field sets available do need to be better.
Fielders chasing in (from the circle) should be better at a quick pick up and throw.
Fielders dropping a catch need to react frantically as in real life!
The keeper/bowler should react more snappily to a return ball they've just caught.
Ground shots to the outfield losing a realistic amount of velocity as they near the boundary enabling a chase (unless perfectly struck).
Air shots to a fielder in the outfield, there needs to be a better gameplay method than the drag-to-circle catch. Fine for actual reflex catches in the infield, but the point of slowing things down there is that it comes too quickly to react well in a video game, not so in the outfield.
Diving needs to be fixed, so you can actually achieve a diving outfield stop. The fielder should be able to be animated to sprint a little faster near the boundary for a few strides, dive forward, tap back and then go over the rope, not go over the rope with the ball.

I mean we're not asking for the in-out-in outfield catches that you see happening occasionally in major matches, just make all the basics a playable part of the game!

Last edited:

imperator

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
Guys is there a way to reset all the stats to null for all the downloaded players as well as out of the box players ?

Curtis

School Cricketer

Curtis

School Cricketer

Curtis

School Cricketer

Curtis

School Cricketer

If you watch the radar in the top right hand corner and watch De Kock's white icon you see the route he runs lmao :lol

EDIT: Pretty sure he would get a warning from the umpire for running across the wicket.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
One thing i'd love to see tweaked is the shot error for yorker (blue length) deliveries. I know they aren't the easiest ball for a bowler to pull off but its too easy to just club them for six no matter if they're a full toss or a perfect yorker length. I'm batting on Hard/Pro if its any help @MattW

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
One thing i'd love to see tweaked is the shot error for yorker (blue length) deliveries. I know they aren't the easiest ball for a bowler to pull off but its too easy to just club them for six no matter if they're a full toss or a perfect yorker length. I'm batting on Hard/Pro if its any help @MattW
this,needs some work,its really unsatisfying to see a well bowled yorker going for 6 all the time

Users who are viewing this thread