Cricket 19 General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

Any suggestions to reduce the amount of 4 byes which the AI bowls?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Nice one

Just a quick Q

Is it necessary to keep the sub lengths (LB or RB) pressed while selecting the length (as per in game tutorials) and whether the sub lengths can be changed again during the run up?
Sub lengths is at start of delivery only though the length you could vary halfway like changing from full to good or short..[DOUBLEPOST=1569901761][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try increasing ai bowl quality.. Might help to certain extent but not by much.. These things are being looked into..

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There's lot of factors at play with this so it's more than just one tweak.

I think @Gamer Pradosh has had the extreme examples, it doesn't happen to me as often. I do have bowl quality at 100 but I am also in the Tim Paine or Moeen Ali mould of trying just hit anything short.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you guys bowl mostly full or good length deliveries with spinners?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Do you guys bowl mostly full or good length deliveries with spinners?
I use fuller trigger with good length, keeps it up there but not driving length.. I use more seam angle here as well with flight range varying every delivery and even bounce to mix it up just with the same spin variation..

Will try to make a video for spin variations too..

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Is there a way to bowl fuller or shorter with standard controls?

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I'm a classic man myself but perhaps earlier and later release points? does that work with standard bowling?
Will give it a try. I’m using classic controls for pace and standard for spin.

fezza

Club Captain
Had a mess with all the BA cricket versions over the weekend. Oddly original disc release of DB 14 seems the best... then DB 14 version 1.4 scrapped the edges and the good replays but added poor fielding, less challenging bowling and silly looping throws back to the stumps. We got the edges back in Ashes Cricket but they then became very odd in Cricket 19. We also lost outfield catches in Cricket 19 first class games...

Conclusions? For me DB 14 disc edition has the better gameplay provided you don't patch it. You can roll back the patch if you are on Ps3.

It's all a matter of opinion of course but playing all the BA games consecutively leaves me disappointed with the latest iteration. We need a patch.. but I suspect it will now be Cricket 2021. I will buy it, but not with a great deal of confidence. Hope I am wrong!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Had a mess with all the BA cricket versions over the weekend. Oddly original disc release of DB 14 seems the best... then DB 14 version 1.4 scrapped the edges and the good replays but added poor fielding, less challenging bowling and silly looping throws back to the stumps. We got the edges back in Ashes Cricket but they then became very odd in Cricket 19. We also lost outfield catches in Cricket 19 first class games...

Conclusions? For me DB 14 disc edition has the better gameplay provided you don't patch it. You can roll back the patch if you are on Ps3.

It's all a matter of opinion of course but playing all the BA games consecutively leaves me disappointed with the latest iteration. We need a patch.. but I suspect it will now be Cricket 2021. I will buy it, but not with a great deal of confidence. Hope I am wrong!

As usual BA are one step forward and one step back with almost every gameplay update.

DB14 though, you do realise that altering all the academy skills does absolutely nothing to how they play in game?

Users who are viewing this thread