Cricket 19 General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have never ever touched Legend.. Veteran all day for every game so far for me!

Spin bounce is very odd. Did you make R1 X hit top of off or did you leave it!?
I just started batting. It was fine when looking at the ball tracking, I'm judging it against hawkeye.

For spin i think it's either the speed is so low it'll never get up enough or there needs to be something that adds a bit more bite to spin. The length colours on ball tracking is too far forward, for spin, so it can be tough judge exactly what length. I might try the reduction of spin drift and see if that does in fact improve spin bounce. It was good to bat against though.

I was being a lot more watchful. Helps when you empty your mind of all concerns with regard bollocking around with sliders.

Just decided to look for simple solution that'll give me a good experience in certain conditions.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
While we are talking about batting, I find that I hardly get out bowled or LBW. If I set up the sliders to make it almost impossible to time, or the ball to be so quick, the rest of batting, particularly against the spinners is impossible. Anyone have any thoughts? I've always assumed footwork and timing to be the keys to actually being able to get bowled. I hardly ever get out defending, but then a spinner will take seven wickets in a spell after I nick drives to the keeper...

Wealey

ICC Board Member
While we are talking about batting, I find that I hardly get out bowled or LBW. If I set up the sliders to make it almost impossible to time, or the ball to be so quick, the rest of batting, particularly against the spinners is impossible. Anyone have any thoughts? I've always assumed footwork and timing to be the keys to actually being able to get bowled. I hardly ever get out defending, but then a spinner will take seven wickets in a spell after I nick drives to the keeper...

Turn off the batting aids... ;)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I think it's a consequence of the low bounce, the keeper catching when you drive. IRL, I think they'd have to be so fine an edge that the keeper would need incredibly good reactions to catch one that low.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am experimenting with the batting skills starting with Australia and England. I would appreciate if anyone can help with their knowledge of players who have aggressive, brute and balanced mentalities. I removed all perks from both teams and will test the outcome over 3 Odi’s on the exact same conditions using the exact same lineup

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think it's a consequence of the low bounce, the keeper catching when you drive. IRL, I think they'd have to be so fine an edge that the keeper would need incredibly good reactions to catch one that low.

there seems (or maybe I’m shite) a very small length window for safely driving the spinner. To short or to full you nick off.

for the reasons you mention I absolutely fume when I nick the ones that are too full.

Physics (after ai fieldsetting) is the weakest part of the game really.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
there seems (or maybe I’m shite) a very small length window for safely driving the spinner. To short or to full you nick off.

for the reasons you mention I absolutely fume when I nick the ones that are too full.

Physics (after ai fieldsetting) is the weakest part of the game really.
I just went through 18 overs of spin (in a full day) without losing a wicket to it. That must be a record for me. Wealey said the other day he's been enjoying the game a lot more recently, I certainly had that feeling today. Just going with a pitch that I thought would do the job and it did. I was concentrating a lot more, cause a lot of the times I'm playing I have that testing brain on.

One thing, I was playing it later than I do for seamers, because you need to but it is one thing I've struggled with.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Is there a difference between drs on xbox and playstation I have been watching some live feeds and when there is a drs decision it checks for no ball then edgeometer then snickometer and finally ball tracker but when I use drs on xbox I have only been shown ball tracker nothing else.Is it a setting somewhere

D

Deleted member 185125

Is there a difference between drs on xbox and playstation I have been watching some live feeds and when there is a drs decision it checks for no ball then edgeometer then snickometer and finally ball tracker but when I use drs on xbox I have only been shown ball tracker nothing else.Is it a setting somewhere
Check if you have disabled replays.

tosser182

Club Captain

I increased the swing for fast bowlers in physics which seemed to help.

And yes, scripting is insane once a spin bowler gets a wicket.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I find the slinging action (Malinga) is quite hard to master. with same release point, sometimes I end up bowling leg-side sometime the off-side, find it wayward. Since the arms are round arm, the bounce is also lower compared to other bowling actions. Any observations/tips on this point?

Reactions: DAP

chaman82

County Cricketer
leg side scoring still too easy. although on a few occasions if you get timing wrong then you risk edging it and being caught

Square shots on both sides are overpowered compared to straight shots in the V. Add to this * the ball going in air while playing late straight drives* makes things worse.

Simple patch addressing this will solve major batting problems.

chaman82

County Cricketer
I've a couple of questions. I'm trying to make the AI select a few more fields during AI vs AI cricket. I want them to select a couple more slips and maybe a bat pad during 100 over a side games. I know these are classed as limited overs games as per the editor. I know the AI only uses certain fielding tactics during limited over like "balanced, start of innings, powerplay and defensive etc.)

1. The "start of innings" fielding tactic.. Does that mean the start of the team innings in an ODI or the start of an individual's innings?

2. Does the AI actually select fields that you create? (As long as you have that button checked)

@WealeyH @blockerdave @Dutch @wasteyouryouth

Thanks!

Ai do select human fields but it's rare and not a solution for the wrong Field settings in small formats.

If there is a option for ai *only* using user created fields that will be good.

Users who are viewing this thread