Cricket 19 General Discussion

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Square shots on both sides are overpowered compared to straight shots in the V. Add to this * the ball going in air while playing late straight drives* makes things worse.

Simple patch addressing this will solve major batting problems.
and this had been an issue since DBC 14 days - am thinking now if altering the sliders with regard to shot selection perhaps makes a difference (for legside scoring)

chaman82

County Cricketer
and this had been an issue since DBC 14 days - am thinking now if altering the sliders with regard to shot selection perhaps makes a difference (for legside scoring)
How?
My post was regarding human batting. Sliders don't effect that I think

Mrp

Club Captain
Hey Y'all

Quick one - just been picked for the T20 comp in my career for Hampshire but there is no music at end of the over/hitting 6 - anyone know why? This a known bug ?

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How?
My post was regarding human batting. Sliders don't effect that I think

Is there not a slider for how much shot selection influences the outcome of a delivery, so if you force a legside shot it would have greater chance of getting edge etc

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
An infield catch that didn't drop short.

Nice to wake up to...

Can someone show me a cover catch (I think Blocker may have done, a short cover).. I have also seen a sweep catch to short mid-wicket on one of the retro videos.

Can anyone show me a mid off or mid on catch before the end of lockdown?

Lockdown challenges...

I haven't seen an in or outfield catch in a test match since November last year in tests. I reckon they should be about 10 per cent of dismissals.

I'm worried that a future patch that may fix this may stuff up other areas of the game. It's quite nicely balanced at the moment apart from this issue. We don't want like 80 per cent of drives being lobbed up to fielders and teams being rolled over for 25. (Connoiseurs will remember Cricket 2000 from EA).

Is the fourth innings test where the AI can chase mad totals a verified "Bug"? Do we have a consensus on that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 193590

Nice to wake up to...

Can someone show me a cover catch (I think Blocker may have done, a short cover).. I have also seen a sweep catch to short mid-wicket on one of the retro videos.

Can anyone show me a mid off or mid on catch before the end of lockdown?

Lockdown challenges...

I haven't seen an in or outfield catch in a test match since November last year in tests. I reckon they should be about 10 per cent of dismissals.

I'm worried that a future patch that may fix this may stuff up other areas of the game. It's quite nicely balanced at the moment apart from this issue. We don't want like 80 per cent of drives being lobbed up to fielders and teams being rolled over for 25. (Connoiseurs will remember Cricket 2000 from EA).

Is the fourth innings test where the AI can chase mad totals a verified "Bug"? Do we have a consensus on that?

I don't have the 4th innings chase thing happen anymore,basically I started upping the wicket chance by 5 every session,starting from the 4th day.So if I do manage to get the final session on day 5,wicket chance is at 80.Since doing that I've not seen the AI chase over 300.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I don't have the 4th innings chase thing happen anymore,basically I started upping the wicket chance by 5 every session,starting from the 4th day.So if I do manage to get the final session on day 5,wicket chance is at 80.Since doing that I've not seen the AI chase over 300.

Yeah, but that's the problem, you're tweaking sliders to get a desired result because the base game doesn't provide that. I've always seen that as kind of cheaty, but perhaps that's just what has to be done...

I'm thinking about doing that in the last ten overs of ODIs where I think the slogs are overpowered and you get tailenders averaging 50 odd, just in those overs, but it feels a bit wrong really.

I reduce pitch bounce and increase pitch friction by 5 at the end of every day. Does the game have to be restarted for this to show, does anyone know?

D

Deleted member 193590

what are your slider settings? platform? star sign?

Slider settings are all default.I've started an experiment in this test,I was looking at all the players stats,and I noticed a fielding stat called reflex catching.
I don't know if they were your players I downloaded or someone else's but they all had really low points in reflex catching,so basically every player in this test has reflex catching at 100%.
Now if I hadn't put the stat to full would that catch of dropped short? I don't know maybe it's a load of bollox or maybe it works.I've only played one session so far so can't really tell.Also had a really nice slip catch fro Steve Smith maybe without full reflex stat it might of flashed off the bat for 4?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Slider settings are all default.I've started an experiment in this test,I was looking at all the players stats,and I noticed a fielding stat called reflex catching.
I don't know if they were your players I downloaded or someone else's but they all had really low points in reflex catching,so basically every player in this test has reflex catching at 100%.
Now if I hadn't put the stat to full would that catch of dropped short? I don't know maybe it's a load of bollox or maybe it works.I've only played one session so far so can't really tell.Also had a really nice slip catch fro Steve Smith maybe without full reflex stat it might of flashed off the bat for 4?

be also interesting to know the fielders ability for the position, whoever took that infield catch.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Interesting theory... But not that keen on a game where all fielding stats are identical either (if this solves the problem).

I think Wealey hit the nail in the head when he said it's because the AI in tests don't play the equivalent of the aggressive ground stroke. (If I can reall correctly)

I did have a beautiful leading edge catch straight to mid on but alas in an ODI.

Users who are viewing this thread