MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just a little PSA, in regards to our lockdown tournament streaming on youtube. If on the off chance you are one of the random pricks that turns up every youtube stream hassling wasteyouryouth about 'uploading teams, make this team bro', where are playface tutorials etc. Its incredibly rude and not needed. He's done a lot for this community and put in a massive amount of work for this lockdown tournament. Knock it off.

D

Dutch

Just a little PSA, in regards to our lockdown tournament streaming on youtube. If on the off chance you are one of the random pricks that turns up every youtube stream hassling wasteyouryouth about 'uploading teams, make this team bro', where are playface tutorials etc. Its incredibly rude and not needed. He's done a lot for this community and put in a massive amount of work for this lockdown tournament. Knock it off.
Agree fully with this.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bravo.

hamzahassan14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi All,

I have noticed a lot of issues when bowling to AI and i am listing them below to seek assistance from others;
1. Whenever i bowl with good length ball (green circle), when it hits pad it goes most of the time above stumps while when AI is bowling they got me out LBW by same delivery but this time the big-eye shows its hitting wickets! how is that possible and what i am doing wrong? I am talking both for fast and spin bowlers.
2. When i bowl short balls (red circle), immediately after a ball or two the umpire signals for 1 bouncer and the next short ball is a no ball, whereas the AI keeps bowling a whole over with short balls without a warning and no balls. Why is it so or what i am doing wrong?
3. Is it possible to get a hand to the straight hit ball at the bowlers stumps as most of the times AI non striker batsman is out of their crease?
4. Why i am not able to take overthrow run when the ball hits the stumps whereas the AI can do that? I have noticed a lot of instances where during my bowling when ball hits the stumps the AI players take extra run. When i try to do that a soon as ball hits stumps during my batting it become dead and i can't run. Need help what is wrong is it a bug in the game?
5. While bowling with spinners i notice the AI bowler speeds could go well below 82 kph while mine keeps stuck at the lower around 85-88 kph! How is that possible? This leads to mistime the ball and get bowled or LBW.
6. During fielding i notice most of the times the ball from the fielder is thrown to the keeper or fielder at the other end rather than attempting direct hit! How can i make my fielders to aim wickets while throwing the ball rather than having indirect attempt to run out by throwing to keeper/fielder?

Look forward to your comments/suggestions as am i the only one who is experiencing issues mentioned above or are they bugs that need to be fixed in next update.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi All,

I have noticed a lot of issues when bowling to AI and i am listing them below to seek assistance from others;
1. Whenever i bowl with good length ball (green circle), when it hits pad it goes most of the time above stumps while when AI is bowling they got me out LBW by same delivery but this time the big-eye shows its hitting wickets! how is that possible and what i am doing wrong? I am talking both for fast and spin bowlers.
2. When i bowl short balls (red circle), immediately after a ball or two the umpire signals for 1 bouncer and the next short ball is a no ball, whereas the AI keeps bowling a whole over with short balls without a warning and no balls. Why is it so or what i am doing wrong?
3. Is it possible to get a hand to the straight hit ball at the bowlers stumps as most of the times AI non striker batsman is out of their crease?
4. Why i am not able to take overthrow run when the ball hits the stumps whereas the AI can do that? I have noticed a lot of instances where during my bowling when ball hits the stumps the AI players take extra run. When i try to do that a soon as ball hits stumps during my batting it become dead and i can't run. Need help what is wrong is it a bug in the game?
5. While bowling with spinners i notice the AI bowler speeds could go well below 82 kph while mine keeps stuck at the lower around 85-88 kph! How is that possible? This leads to mistime the ball and get bowled or LBW.
6. During fielding i notice most of the times the ball from the fielder is thrown to the keeper or fielder at the other end rather than attempting direct hit! How can i make my fielders to aim wickets while throwing the ball rather than having indirect attempt to run out by throwing to keeper/fielder?

Look forward to your comments/suggestions as am i the only one who is experiencing issues mentioned above or are they bugs that need to be fixed in next update.

for number 1 you’re not doing anything wrong, the AI cheats and always has. This issue has been in all the games.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Hi guys, adding more to the C19 woes:

Playing time: 12 hours (mostly practicing the walkthroughs over and over to get comfortable with controls and basic game mechanics since I am playing a cricket video game after 7-8 years)
Difficulty: Medium (Batting + Bowling) + Pro (AI)
Match: Eng (me) vs Aus (AI) (default teams as found in out of the box C19)
Match type: Test (No customizations)
Pitch: Soft and Grassy.
Controls scheme: Standard
The biggest issue I am having is the scripted AI in terms of batting. I keep bowling good length, consistent around the corridor deliveries, also introduce reasonable variation to my deliveries, however it always feels like the A.I seems to play the shot whenever it wants to play the shot. If you look at the below score-card, the A.I Runrate in first innings was 4 an over (yeah in a test match, strange:P). Not only the A.I seems to play a run-making/successful shot at will, it seems to maintain a consistent runrate too.

So for example, say it's the 5th over about to start and the score is 16 runs so far(runrate: 4 runs an over). Inside the 5th over let's assume I am bowling the same/similar offstump line (with the occassional varying of Length). AI would 1. leave 1-2 deliveries 2. Play 2-3 deliveries straight to the fielder 3. There will always be one delivery, literally always no matter how consistent (or unexpected) the line was, that A.I would either dispatch for 4 or 3 runs easily. Henceforth maintaining a similar runrate it started the over with.

I had zero maidan overs so far and very rarely the per over score went below 3 (i.e. very rarely so it occured that the A.I made 2 runs in a given over).

Is it just me or...is it just how the game is? I remember this issue was raised around DBC 14 too.

upload_2020-5-3_2-44-30.png

Sahil70

Club Captain
Hi guys, adding more to the C19 woes:

Playing time: 12 hours (mostly practicing the walkthroughs over and over to get comfortable with controls and basic game mechanics since I am playing a cricket video game after 7-8 years)
Difficulty: Medium (Batting + Bowling) + Pro (AI)
Match: Eng (me) vs Aus (AI) (default teams as found in out of the box C19)
Match type: Test (No customizations)
Pitch: Soft and Grassy.
Controls scheme: Standard
The biggest issue I am having is the scripted AI in terms of batting. I keep bowling good length, consistent around the corridor deliveries, also introduce reasonable variation to my deliveries, however it always feels like the A.I seems to play the shot whenever it wants to play the shot. If you look at the below score-card, the A.I Runrate in first innings was 4 an over (yeah in a test match, strange:P). Not only the A.I seems to play a run-making/successful shot at will, it seems to maintain a consistent runrate too.

So for example, say it's the 5th over about to start and the score is 16 runs so far(runrate: 4 runs an over). Inside the 5th over let's assume I am bowling the same/similar offstump line (with the occassional varying of Length). AI would 1. leave 1-2 deliveries 2. Play 2-3 deliveries straight to the fielder 3. There will always be one delivery, literally always no matter how consistent (or unexpected) the line was, that A.I would either dispatch for 4 or 3 runs easily. Henceforth maintaining a similar runrate it started the over with.

I had zero maidan overs so far and very rarely the per over score went below 3 (i.e. very rarely so it occured that the A.I made 2 runs in a given over).

Is it just me or...is it just how the game is? I remember this issue was raised around DBC 14 too.

View attachment 232179

That is how it is it seems. AI batting in tests is really poor. It's a lot of the times either not scoring for lengthy periods or scoring very slowly, and then bang boundary every over .Often the case is batsman , while they won't have a high strike rate but will most of their runs in boundaries. For example they might make 50 of 120 balls but that 50 will have like 11 fours in it. Have even tried lower AI runrate, striker timing etc , but still always the same pattern.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@kashan123999 @Sahil70

have you adjusted run rate sliders? Or what are your bowling difficulties?

I never get anything like that. I’d suggest you either have run rate slider too high or you’re bowling difficulty too high so you’re not bowling “well enough”.

Sahil70

Club Captain
@kashan123999 @Sahil70

have you adjusted run rate sliders? Or what are your bowling difficulties?

I never get anything like that. I’d suggest you either have run rate slider too high or you’re bowling difficulty too high so you’re not bowling “well enough”.

Are you able to please post your settings ?. Be very interested to see and compare

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Are you able to please post your settings ?. Be very interested to see and compare

ive done previously. I bowl on a setting slightly harder than hardest. I have AI timing reduced to 40 and run rate at 45, legend AI. Physics default bar slightly lower pitch and ball bounce.

sometimes they score quicker than others. I bowled a long period of the first inns of my last test, 60-70 overs, they went less than 2. Periods of acceleration in that of course. Whole inns 110+ overs at about 2.

there’s obvious scripting in terms of lack of outfield catches (shots always in space of fall short), and never using feet to spinners (I’ve given all my opponents perks to improve against spin and footwork but still nowt) but never in terms of this scripting and high run rate. I reckon the players may be over powered in rating too

Sahil70

Club Captain
ive done previously. I bowl on a setting slightly harder than hardest. I have AI timing reduced to 40 and run rate at 45, legend AI. Physics default bar slightly lower pitch and ball bounce.

sometimes they score quicker than others. I bowled a long period of the first inns of my last test, 60-70 overs, they went less than 2. Periods of acceleration in that of course. Whole inns 110+ overs at about 2.

there’s obvious scripting in terms of lack of outfield catches (shots always in space of fall short), and never using feet to spinners (I’ve given all my opponents perks to improve against spin and footwork but still nowt) but never in terms of this scripting and high run rate. I reckon the players may be over powered in rating too

Hmm interesting. I have timing at 50 and run rate at 28. High runrates in the innings aren't an issue for me .You think maybe higher run rate setting may cause less slogging for boundaries?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hmm interesting. I have timing at 50 and run rate at 28. High runrates in the innings aren't an issue for me .You think maybe higher run rate setting may cause less slogging for boundaries?

No. not to be rude I think better bowling. Or lower rated players.

Generally the AI "goes after" what it considers bad balls. Either you're bowling too many, or the players are overpowered/overrated and able to go after even good balls.

Users who are viewing this thread