Cricket 19 General Discussion

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Im in year 4 of my career, everything was fine until suddenly im playing a game and I can no longer move across the stumps to the right when batting. I can move left, but when I try to move right, I just stop moving when Im infront of the stumps, and the player. Has anyone seen this before? Ive restarted the game, it is happening in every match and even net practice. When bowlers bowl on the off, I can no longer hit it legside. Thanks!
Yeah it's the story known as invisible wall on offside at the crease.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Im in year 4 of my career, everything was fine until suddenly im playing a game and I can no longer move across the stumps to the right when batting. I can move left, but when I try to move right, I just stop moving when Im infront of the stumps, and the player. Has anyone seen this before? Ive restarted the game, it is happening in every match and even net practice. When bowlers bowl on the off, I can no longer hit it legside. Thanks!
yes they did this in the last patch, now you going to have play proper cricket and hit off side bowling to the offside.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope they remove the invisible wall for bowlers. I want to start my run up standing next to Deep Mid Wicket. [HASHTAG]#freedomnow[/HASHTAG]

Fun fact, I once nearly hit the square leg umpire when bowling, my confidence shot, I took myself off - for the rest of the season. We ended up being premiers that year. I believe this needs to be in the game or else it is broken and my years of longing are fraught with pain and my disappointment immeasurable.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Oh I do love the reaction to a new patch. It’s still cricket it’s still a bat and ball game, they haven’t failed, they’ve made a smooth change that makes the game better to play.

Plus, why would you want to bat on off stump anywhere bad things could happen there...

Play from 0:21, best thing you will ever see and a reason why batting on off stump is not a good idea, they’ve saved us from this haha!

RAVI99

Club Captain
I feel the addition to block a limited movemement for the batsman is a great move.
But the point i feel should get attention is the underpowered leg side shots and over powered straight drives.
My point is when a bowler balls on middle or leg stump or wider leg stump still you cant wac him over fine leg.
Wall created for batsman is a great addition that does not mean that few shots on leg finer are deleted.
If this patch was created to help Ai bowling and people saying you move offside and wac Ai on Leg.
I feel Ai when bowls hardly keeps a fielder in fine leg region thats the reason easy to wac there.
I feel why remove a leg side shot better to add field placements for Ai where Ai keeps a fielder in fine leg or deep square leg when Ai balls a leg stump line removing a shot is not a correct idea.
Now cricket 19 is not 360 any more
Its just playing in V with over powered straight drive L2R2 going for six straight.
Its just my opinion
Thanks

nickman100

School Cricketer
Most stupid patch ever
1. How can you restrict the movement across offstump to nothing. You are allowed to move two steps on legside, shouldn’t it be atleast same towards off ?
2. You will ask Steve Smith, ABD not to move across off stump ????
3. So now one can set 8 fielders on offside and keep bowling outside off. Isn’t that as bad as a offside moving batsman ??
4. The shots towards fine leg have been completely killed why ??? ICC has banned glances towards fine leg area ???
5. As a game company you should be fixing bugs such as
A. Keeper diving towards leg unnecessarily when bowling inswing or off cutter
B. Shot going to six suddenly goes to keeper for caught behind. Happens when u play a medium bowler whose bowling speed = 0

instead of fixing these bugs you ruin the game just because some losers don’t know how to bowl to moving batsman

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Most stupid patch ever
1. How can you restrict the movement across offstump to nothing. You are allowed to move two steps on legside, shouldn’t it be atleast same towards off ?
3. So now one can set 8 fielders on offside and keep bowling outside off. Isn’t that as bad as a offside moving batsman ??
4. The shots towards fine leg have been completely killed why ??? ICC has banned glances towards fine leg area ???
B. Shot going to six suddenly goes to keeper for caught behind. Happens when u play a medium bowler whose bowling speed = 0

instead of fixing these bugs you ruin the game just because some losers don’t know how to bowl to moving batsman

Failed patch not stupid.

Big ant need to change there testing/ quality chek staff.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Most stupid patch ever

I feel you are speaking on online point of view which will never get fixed ..I think this patch is to help Ai bowling offline.This patch is for the Ai not humans ,ai must have bought lot of copies.

RAVI99

Club Captain
I knew and have seen people who like paying rent on the outside off stump line to slog off all eternal years on the leg side.. But didnt expect this much response on the game making you play proper shots all around..

100% i agree with you but what about the ball bowled outside legstump still u cant wac in in fine leg area....
Regarding Ai why he does not set field in fine leg to stop hitting in that area, batsman i think will play shots in areas where there are no fielders.
How can you remove the fine leg shot when the bowlers bowls a line outside leg stump.
Ai field placements needed to be patched 80% of overs when Ai bowls never keeps a fielder in fine leg.
Cricket should be 360 you cant remove a shot as Ai does not like it ...
Ball line on middle and leg stump how can a shot be deleted.
Regarding offline batting a person can always lock himself mentally not to move across offstump for that you dont need a wall.
Wall still a good addition as online wide calls are really bad by umpire but removing a shot is not acceptable .
Think about it

nickman100

School Cricketer
I knew and have seen people who like paying rent on the outside off stump line to slog off all eternal years on the leg side.. But didnt expect this much response on the game making you play proper shots all around..

So just to tackle someone playing legside you completely kill the leg side game of a batsman?
Now the opponent will place 8 fielders on offside and keep bowling you outside off. After few months losers like you will complain on that too. Good luck playing 8 fielders on offside . All bugants did was tilt the gameplay from 360deg to Only offside batting .

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Not worth the reply I guess.. Edited it out..

100% i agree with you but what about the ball bowled outside legstump still u cant wac in in fine leg area....
Regarding Ai why he does not set field in fine leg to stop hitting in that area, batsman i think will play shots in areas where there are no fielders.
How can you remove the fine leg shot when the bowlers bowls a line outside leg stump.
Ai field placements needed to be patched 80% of overs when Ai bowls never keeps a fielder in fine leg.
Cricket should be 360 you cant remove a shot as Ai does not like it ...
Ball line on middle and leg stump how can a shot be deleted.
Regarding offline batting a person can always lock himself mentally not to move across offstump for that you dont need a wall.
Wall still a good addition as online wide calls are really bad by umpire but removing a shot is not acceptable .
Think about it
Leg side shots are not removed at all.. Even today played shots in the IPL streams I have been doing.. Though its coop not versus.. The shot is there nothing is removed.. Just the power is reduced to remove that over powered shot the fine leg slog was..

Regarding people bowling with all fielders on off in online is human bug not game's.. If a person could back his ability to bowl to a plan and place field accordingly then this wouldnt even be an issue to talk about but people are more about winning than having a good cricket match.. Exploiting the conditions in IRL is more useful and required as you need to bowl the deliveries and play the shots physically.. So cant compare that with a game where people just want to bowl cross seam and keep doing whatever makes them win for billion years.. This as a disclaimer would be something that would never change not even when Matt personally comes to your home to tweak the game to your liking.. The exact reason why I feel versus isnt worth the time [For me] as its never about showcasing one's cricketing skills rather exploiting the game to just win it.. Will never ever happen.. One will be patched then other will open up and they will start that..

I am a person who wants the game to have a balanced experience in online but its never like that as a human factor is involved..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread