Cricket 19 General Discussion

D

Dutch

42 pages in one lunchtime. 10 pages of excellent contribution from the usual posters and as for the other 32, well they make me want to scoop my eyes out with a spoon, set them on fire, stamp out the fire, put the ashes into an urn, create a cricketing rivalry over the urn, make a game about said cricketing rivlary and moan on an internet forum that I've just been bowled by a 220cm left handed Virat Kohli with no eyes............

It's good to be back, roll on Cricket 19.
@zimrahil....just found your post of the month!

Nix71289

Club Captain
Looks like I've received a lot of flak on my previous comment. A little background to what I said.. like someone else mentioned here I myself share a lot of information to my friends, a gaming community near a reputed college in Bangalore, india and cousins who are likely buyers of the game.

Here in India we are a cricket crazy nation , most of you would know that. Typically April and May are summer vacation for all who are in school and colleges. Due to very strict parenting at other times during the academical year most of them gets games in this time period from alApril to may as it's more likely that they don't get to face the firing from parents.

So if they get information on a cricket game which keeps them interested they might just hold on to the money for something awesome like this than some other random game. It's not like people buy all games in india. We are very selective and some of us do run on strict budgets.

If you can't catch this group before the summer vacations are over you are probably missing out on thousands of potential customers.

So even if only 500 of them are real customers it's a loss for big ant considering 500*4000=20,00,000 INR which approximates to USD 30,000. (I myself know around 100+ people who are waiting to buy this one, imagine what would be the number from all across the country with a population of a billion).

Considering all this I had put my previous comment. Thanks for all those who wanted to bin my comments and question my nerve. Next time when I comment something I'll put the whole background story for support.

D

Dutch

Looks like I've received a lot of flak on my previous comment. A little background to what I said.. like someone else mentioned here I myself share a lot of information to my friends, a gaming community near a reputed college in Bangalore, india and cousins who are likely buyers of the game.

Here in India we are a cricket crazy nation , most of you would know that. Typically April and May are summer vacation for all who are in school and colleges. Due to very strict parenting at other times during the academical year most of them gets games in this time period from alApril to may as it's more likely that they don't get to face the firing from parents.

So if they get information on a cricket game which keeps them interested they might just hold on to the money for something awesome like this than some other random game. It's not like people buy all games in india. We are very selective and some of us do run on strict budgets.

If you can't catch this group before the summer vacations are over you are probably missing out on thousands of potential customers.

So even if only 500 of them are real customers it's a loss for big ant considering 500*4000=20,00,000 INR which approximates to USD 30,000. (I myself know around 100+ people who are waiting to buy this one, imagine what would be the number from all across the country with a population of a billion).

Considering all this I had put my previous comment. Thanks for all those who wanted to bin my comments and question my nerve. Next time when I comment something I'll put the whole background story for support.
The point was not that there are potentially many customers in India or anywhere else in the world: the point is that this isnt per se the central hub to reach them......however many people we may or may not know...

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Another idea I had, and I'm not sure if this is doable, was to have three different "skills" pages for each format for all players. So you can have something like, "Skills - First Class", "Skills - List A", and "Skills - T20" for each player. This way, not only can we adjust each player's skills individually for each format, but we can also set their batting positions according to each format. That way, someone like de Kock can be set to open in limited overs cricket, but be set as a middle order batsman in tests.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Another idea I had, and I'm not sure if this is doable, was to have three different "skills" pages for each format for all players. So you can have something like, "Skills - First Class", "Skills - List A", and "Skills - T20" for each player. This way, not only can we adjust each player's skills individually for each format, but we can also set their batting positions according to each format. That way, someone like de Kock can be set to open in limited overs cricket, but be set as a middle order batsman in tests.

Yeah I think this is something that would be really good. I’m assuming it’s a storage and creation issue mainly preventing it

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A minor thing in Ashes, that regressed I noticed, was that the non-striker did not take a walking start as the bowler bowled her/his delivery. Looking forward to this being brought back. It looked like it still wasn't there in the long screenshot. Hope I'm wrong and this this is added to the new title.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'd definitely like to see the option to assign a secondary batting position for a different format. It's quite common.

The other point, having edited a lot of players for my little reskilling project, there's no way I'd want to do it three times for every player. I'm also of the view that a player's technical ability doesn't change just because of the format. Other factors contribute to a player not being able to maintain the same standards across all formats; more defensive fields, more defensive bowling, a pressure to score faster in limited overs or play more cautiously in test cricket.

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
I know the effect on sales would probably be nil but since they’ve already got a licensed England and Lords, wouldn’t it be cool if they could officially license Ireland and have that historic first test reflected in game!
That would be awesome to see officially licensed Ireland team and it's my favorite team :thumbs

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'd definitely like to see the option to assign a secondary batting position for a different format. It's quite common.

The other point, having edited a lot of players for my little reskilling project, there's no way I'd want to do it three times for every player. I'm also of the view that a player's technical ability doesn't change just because of the format. Other factors contribute to a player not being able to maintain the same standards across all formats; more defensive fields, more defensive bowling, a pressure to score faster in limited overs or play more cautiously in test cricket.

That is a very fair point, and something I had not considered. The amount of work would be tremendous for community creators. Perhaps just changing the batting position across formats somehow then?

I would disagree respectfully though a bit in terms of ability not changing across formats. I think you're basically right in saying those factors would make players play differently, but adjusting to those conditions is part of one's toolkit. I think variables like the red ball, general technique and mentality, along with others, can change the skill level of a player in different formats. Especially now that limited overs cricket is so batting friendly, whereas Test cricket has still somewhat maintained balance between bat and ball.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

maybe a format index... like you skill them based on their best format, and this is index 1. then you set them as 1-0.x for the other formats.

so you'd skill a root/kohli and they'd be 1 across all 3 formats... morgan would be 1 for list a/t20 and maybe 0.6 for FC.

then for each format you take the skill and multiply by the index.

3 more fields/values for the creators to complete. no additional processing overhead for the game because it would just be worked out at the start of a game.

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned

$30,000 USD is not a great deal in the grand scheme of things for them, and ultimately with distribution costs etc the real figure they'd get is far less. Even if they got that, that's not even covering the wages of one developer for the period of time the game was being developed (I'd hope).

India will one day rise as a major market, but random speculation of figures aren't helping. Previously though, they have turned out to not be a massive market for them, and targeting students, who aren't known anywhere in the World for having the cash to splurge on full price games, seems a strange argument.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
If I am not wrong, most successful games these days are which have good online play communities... Big Ant doing wonderful job to impress offline players for sure with there customize options etc, but they still struggling in online area... So looking forward to Cricket 19 on this for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread