MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Loaded the game up for the first time after this recent patch, jee whiz. In career mode, all my teammates have taken a massive hit to their overalls. Some gone down from 70 to 15!?! Anyone else noticed this in career mode? This pretty much makes the mode unplayable.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Loaded the game up for the first time after this recent patch, jee whiz. In career mode, all my teammates have taken a massive hit to their overalls. Some gone down from 70 to 15!?! Anyone else noticed this in career mode? This pretty much makes the mode unplayable.

Yes now game is unplayable , I played test AI top player got runout , Game is break now .... RIP Weekend :(

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
@MattW Hope there is a patch today to rectify the latest issues.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
One thing I’ve noticed is you go back to club cricket from county cricket if you are not in county T20 etc which is a nice touch

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
ONE thing that almost ALL of us want from these Patches:
GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS.

And as I said in my review, these are the main things almost all of us want:

BOWLING:
1. Keeper must try to dive when the bowler bowls balls like short balls to prevent a 4.
2. "PERFECT" Yorkers should be hard to hit rather than R1+Triangle/RB+Y being hard to hit.
3. Make it such that even spinners could bowl no-ball if we mess them up.
FIELDING:
1. Fielders must try to dive/slide to catch or prevent boundaries.
2. Fielders should catch the ball when correct input is given than it being luck based.
3. Fielders should tap the ball back if they could to prevent a sixes than just stand above the boundary line and catch the ball like a mindless fellows.]
BATTING:
1. Unorthodox Shots should be made MUCH MORE effective.
2. Legside shots could be a bit, just a bit more effective.
3. The Advanced Grounded Shot Option must be added to standard controls and the animations should be made a whole lot better like in DBC 14]

PRESENTATION (maybe not everyone, but atleast me):
1. Add a table which shows the batting/bowling/fielding rating of players individually, including their overall rating when choosing players for matches.
2. Add a table which shows the number of 4s, 6s and the strike rate of that batsman during that match.
3. Add the number of balls played by the current batsmen in the Hundred match overlay. In that overlay, only the number of runs are shown.

Plus, some overall improvements.
If these changes are not possible now, then hopefully, they could consider this for their new game.

Last edited:

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Bowled 90 overs yesterday - the batting is better against me which is nice but i CANNOT get any edges to carry still (always start with the slips and keeper up for anything but fast bowling otherwise they drop short). I've had a few genuine edges but they never ever go to hand or always bounce off the ground into slip. LBWs and bowleds (and short leg spinners) are pretty much all I can get still.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
ONE thing that almost ALL of us want from these Patches:
GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS.

And as I said in my review, these are the main things almost all of us want:
BOWLING: Keeper must try to dive when the bowler bowls balls like short balls to prevent a 4 and "PERFECT" Yorkers should be hard to hit rather than R1+Triangle/RB+Y being hard to hit.
FIELDING: Fielders must try to dive/slide to catch or prevent boundaries. Fielders should catch the ball when correct input is given than it being luck based.
BATTING: Unorthodox Shots should be made MUCH MORE effective and legside shots could be a bit, just a bit more effective

Plus, some overall improvements in Gameplay and Presentation.
I agree with that 'perfect yorker' being smashed as easy as a fulltoss. There should be some merit in nailing that block hole delivery, I would think two things could be done

1. maybe by making it difficult to bowl (execute) and completely take out the option of lofting such perfect yorkers ( I feel this is better so people can't bowl 6 yorkers an over)
2. Increased chance of missing the ball or edged onto stumps, if going aggressive than looking to nudge it for a 1 or 2.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
I agree with that 'perfect yorker' being smashed as easy as a fulltoss. There should be some merit in nailing that block hole delivery, I would think two things could be done

1. maybe by making it difficult to bowl (execute) and completely take out the option of lofting such perfect yorkers ( I feel this is better so people can't bowl 6 yorkers an over)
2. Increased chance of missing the ball or edged onto stumps, if going aggressive than looking to nudge it for a 1 or 2.
Yes. Since yorkers themselves are really difficult to execute in real life, I think in game, after pressing Square/X, if you get "Perfect Jump and Perfect Release" only, you will be able to execute a perfect yorker. Mess it up, and it results in a full toss. [They could even add option like "When bowling Blue Balls, if you get "Early or Late" Timing, it "could" [not everytime] result in a waist above no-ball.]

Last edited:

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Yes. Since yorkers themselves are really difficult to execute in real life, I think in game, after pressing Square/X, if you get "Perfect Jump and Perfect Release" only, you will be able to execute a perfect yorker. Mess it up, and it results in a full toss. [They could even add option like "When bowling Blue Balls, if you get "Early or Late" Timing, it could result in a waist above no-ball.]
Yea make it difficult to bowl and likewise make it harder to hit too

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Guys, according to the newest update, I can restore missing playfaces. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
new online challenge is out >>??

Dracos

County Cricketer
I saw a lot of people here talk about how the fielders and bowler are much more responsive in fielding and in stopping quick singles. Unfortunately I don't see that in my career mode. The bowler still does the stupid jog, hop and pick up before throwing at the stumps.

Obviously I can avoid running and taking advantage of it, but I was really looking forward to this being fixed.

To be honest, I don't see any noticeable change to the gameplay, at least in my career mode. Are the gameplay changes seen only in specific modes?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I saw a lot of people here talk about how the fielders and bowler are much more responsive in fielding and in stopping quick singles. Unfortunately I don't see that in my career mode. The bowler still does the stupid jog, hop and pick up before throwing at the stumps.

Obviously I can avoid running and taking advantage of it, but I was really looking forward to this being fixed.

To be honest, I don't see any noticeable change to the gameplay, at least in my career mode. Are the gameplay changes seen only in specific modes?
I think Sonic is the only person claiming any gameplay changes at all? And he’s imagining it IMO.

I also don’t think the last patch made the run-outs worse: they were always awful.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I think Sonic is the only person claiming any gameplay changes at all? And he’s imagining it IMO.

I also don’t think the last patch made the run-outs worse: they were always awful.
Run out wise it feels more like it was about six months after release. The wicket keeps seem pretty bad in terms of overthrows, in that they stand there, more so than ever. Apart from that gameplay wise feels a bit the same. It's obvious the gameplay (when bowling) is scripted to what field you have and how many balls bowled in the over.

Having said that career mode wise is pretty bad off the field, Overalls are all over the shop now ranging from 10-75 for decent players - that particular issue makes it unplayable for that mode imo.

I feel like Sonic is player a completely different game to us lol. Show us the way mate, I want what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread