Cricket 2002 Config files - lets begin

harsh

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
thank you sam i hope some experts start modifying the cfgs soon.

Also can anyone explain in detail about the various values in cfg. I tried opening a few but I could not understand the meaning of most terms. ???

jonah

International Coach
Sam and Vineet, stand up and take a bow!! This is what we've been waiting for since the game was released. Well done guys :) .
Sam, this may be a bit cheeky, as you probably think you've done enough for a while, and I don't blame you, but are you close to getting the 1day_50.cfg's ready for release, or can we just make our own in the new configs file (i.e. copy and paste from BLC)?
Again, thanks guys, great work :) .

iant

School Cricketer
Let me add to the good wishes. I thought you may have been stuck that's why I was keeping on at you to let others help. I apologise if I was a pain.

Good luck with the rest of your project.

Well played sir!

harsh

School Cricketer
and sam can you please explain a bit about what different terms in the cfgs are . I have been trying to change things but I dont know what they do and whether to increase or decrease values :( :but///:

iant

School Cricketer
Not being at home I can't try anything out but I was wondering this:
Presumably you needed to unpack these cfg files from the configs.dat file. Now would I not be correct in thinking that once you have made changes to the cfgs you would need to repack them into the configs.dat file for the changes to work?
Or at least change the game's exe to point to the new cfgs?

jonah

International Coach
ian,
just unzip the files to your c2k2 directory, use the original exe, and away you go. Somehow the guys have got the exe to read straight from these new cfg files.
I've been tinkering with the l_hard.cfg file (ODI, hard level), and have seen the changes to bowling speeds, seam movement, cursor size, edges etc. It's a bit hit and miss at the moment, but the changes are definately visible.

A

amber22

Can anyone please explain what will editing these config files do.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
well, if sam can get access to the remaining AI files as well, the following changes can be made

-can dictate how cpu paces its innings in ODI's (and test matches to a lesser degree)
-can dictate the likelihood of edges in both ODI's and tests - even can determine which shots are more likely to produce edges etc
-can dictate how much seam, swing and spin movement for each bowler type
-can determine how fast all bowlers types bowl
-can affect the cpu's timing of the ball when batting
-can determine how fast the outfields are, how high the ball bounces after pitching and how fast the ball travels after pitching
-cpu stroke selection can be improved
-can affect how easy/hard it is for batsmen to move across the crease to hit the ball once your stance is set by program
-plus a few others that I cannot think of off hand

Hope that is enough to keep your interest for now :;):

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
[color=#000000:post_uid14]Updated

Added all the cpu pacing files.[/color]

harsh

School Cricketer
Read Jonah's post and if you want to see a working example of some of what can be done go to www.cricket2002.tk and download the Hardcore Gameplay patch. The cfg thing has great potential

Edited By harsh on 1047323738

jonah

International Coach
sam, I can't get the link to work. Can you post a direct link to the updated files?
Thanks.

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
Hey this is great news guys. Personally I feel that bowling speeds are too slow, particularly fast, med-fast, and swingers. I think there is something not quite right about how the swingers swing the ball also - ie the ball swings too far in the opposite direction before the bounce and later swings away in the proper direction. Also, I think fast and med-fast bowlers should be able to get some swing out of the ball to a bigger or lesser extent depending on the weather.

One more thing: can anyone tell me why a fast bowlers cutter is max 133 km/h and a med-fast's is 112 km/h???

evan1

School Cricketer
With this new improvements (configs changed), does it only work when the computer is bowling??

I've played for a while with it, and none of my bowlers have gotten above 151 km/h.

Users who are viewing this thread