Cricket 2002 Config files - lets begin

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
With this new improvements (configs changed), does it only work when the computer is bowling??

I've played for a while with it, and none of my bowlers have gotten above 151 km/h.

Yeah, at the moment only cpu bowling speeds can be amended. Human bowling speeds remain the same. Hopefully sam and Vineet soon will crack human bowling speeds too :) ...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
sam

great work so far but are you now looking at the issue of getting the configs to work when a human is bowling ???

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
sam

great work so far but are you now looking at the issue of getting the configs to work when a human is bowling ???

zim,i think the game is very similer as BLC.actually there is no files for human.we can do the same things which we did in BLC files.i can see some seam and turn from human bowlers.
Human don't need pacing files.these files are meant for cpu A.I. the ball condition files will work both while batting and bowling.

Sam

jonah

International Coach
sam,
if I remember correctly in the BLC files, if you amended the bowling speeds both human and cpu bowlers were affected. At the moment in c2k2, only the cpu bowling speeds are changed.
I agree that seam movement, swing etc values work for both human and cpu, but not the bowling speeds?
Any ideas?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
jonah is right sam. Amending the bowling values in the 1_hard or u_hard.cfg files etc has no affect when the human is bowling.

It is frustrating when cpu can bowl 120mph deliveries but you can still only bowl 94 mph deliveries. Also this means making stroke files to suit both human and cpu nigh on impossible.

Please make this a priority as its holding me back

Thanks

evan1

School Cricketer
Well, would it be possible to use BLC configs that let us change both the computer and our own configs?

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
yeah i agree zim but there is no other .cfg files in configs.dat.i think the values of human are embedded in the core just like the camera values.

IrfanNaeem

School Cricketer
does anybody know any patch that can give bowlers turn, swing and speed. and where do u put this config folder and files in cricket 2002 folder.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>
does anybody know any patch that can give bowlers turn, swing and speed. and where do u put this config folder and files in cricket 2002 folder.

the files(s) you need are either

l_easy.cfg
l_normal_.cfg
l_hard.cfg

The file you edit depends on the skill level you are playing
I.e if you play on hard level you need to amend the l_hard.cfg file

The files should be stored in a folder called "configs" which should be in your cricket 2002 folder.

eg
Weather & Pitch Condition
BallSeamDamp 1.873792
BallSeamGreen 2.573792
BallSeamNormal 1.373792
BallSeamHard 0.100000
BallSeamDusty 0.100000
BallSwingSunny 0.000000
BallSwingCloudy 0.160006
BallSwingOvercast 0.726696
BallSwingGrey 0.306660
BallSwingNightD 0.453315
BallSwingNightL 0.453315

increasing/decreasing any of these values will affect the amt of seam or swing for fast(med) and swing bowlers. This applies to both cpu and human bowling.

however for fast bowlers

FastBowler Speeds & Spins
Fast 0.999999
Normal 0.800000
Slow 0.000001

Increasing these values will make the bowler bowl faster deliveries for cpu bowling only. Human bowling remains unaffected by changing these values.

So you can do these changes yourself, but it is trial and error until you find settings that you are happy with</span>

arv_k

School Cricketer
for some reason i could not post here for some time ????

has anyone tried repacking the edited configs to a dat file and replacing the old one?may be this will solve the human player problem.

anyway. tell me this - have all the configs been extracted from the dat files? if i am not wrong i think that they have been unpacked from the configs.dat file. if all have been extracted then the game should work even without the dat file but it dosen't what i think is that the game may be reading from the old dat file when the human player is bowling thus giving him the old values. has anyone tried repacking the edited configs to a dat file and replacing the old one?

IrfanNaeem

School Cricketer
yo guys i only have four folders in the circket 2002 folder, Video, Support, Data, Sound... i don't have any config folder what do i do?!?!?!?!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
yo guys i only have four folders in the circket 2002 folder, Video, Support, Data, Sound... i don't have any config folder what do i do?!?!?!?!
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>create your own folder called "configs"

Then download sam's files and put them all in your newly created configs folder.

You can then edit the values and see the effects in game</span>

Fritz6

School Cricketer
This patch sounds really cool but I have a question. The configs I downloaded have only a l_easy & hard and u_easy and hard cfg files. Does that mean that we cant change configs for the normal level? or can you just rename one of these files _normal?

Thanks!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
yeah, just rename the hard/esay file to normal and you will be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread