cricket 2004 MOD

H

hammudy

If anyone as ever played the game max payne 1 and/or 2 will know that the game starts with a pop up screen which allows you to change the display settings and choose the mods which have been installed....n if u notice c2004 also has a pop up thingi making it modable.....what do u guys think????? :cheezy:

H

hammudy

really!!!! :devilish: ....i think ur nick says more about u...

I

imported_STEVIE

also noticed in the Cricket2004.ini file it had the following lines:

[Game Options]
RootPath=d:\Program Files\EA Sports\Cricket 2004\Data\
PackFile=d:\Program Files\EA Sports\Cricket 2004\Data\cricket_pc.gob
Sounds=d:\Program Files\EA Sports\Cricket 2004\Data\SND_PC.PAK

so we can edit the game without altering the original files, just alter the ini file.

N

Nirav85

yes but we cna make files and tell people how to insert it into the gob...once we figure it out

I

imported_STEVIE

exactly, no one in the right mind is gonna make a 400mb file for download, what a waste of bandwith :D

just a little extra work for the people who wanna use the patches in adding the new files into the gob.

S

squiz

i dont think any1 had the intention of actually putting the modified .gob file on the internet anyway ;)

N

nash

ravi has already done this using a gob extractor - he is making a patch (only for gameplay files) that only inserts the changed files into your gob files. Check this thread for further details Gameplay patch

I know he is also looking at how to do something similar for graphic files too - no joy as yet though

A

Admin

Thats quite interesting Zim.

How exactly did Ravi extract the cfg ( or does C2k4 use something else ?) from the gob file ? Or did he read the values from the RAM after the gob file was unpacked ? Sorry to be so out of whack but I haven't got the game and I'd appreciate it if you filled me in on these details.

For the graphics files I'm pretty sure you can extract the files based on header info (using a hex editor) if these "gob" files are indeed just non compressed container files as I'm given to understand. Something like mrip might do the trick.

http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~csmweb/decompil...ion/mrip260.zip

I

imported_tegg02

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Dec 30 2003, 05:24 PM
It is possible to create a file that would insert the relavent file into the gob for someone.
Jedi Knight Dark Forces had several .gob files (all around 100-150 mb)... n many programs have been released extracting and importing files into n from the gob file

there is a program called GOB Commander (I believe) which asks u to chosee which patches to use with the Game when it starts ... so like someone mentioned in Max Payne 1 and Ghost Recon u choose the mods inside .. here you choose them outside....

I believe it just changes the .INI File (of JK Dark Forces) n there are other gob files so I guess we cant do that bcuz we will alwez have 1 .gob file

Did anyone find out what the command line is yet? .. and Vineet do u have any clue where it would be if I open the gob file in hex workshop?

A

Admin

The file extension name is actually irrelevant. What you need to check is the header info. ie - the gob JK refers to may be a completely different format to a file another game like Cricket refers to.

Anyway Sam seems to have made some progress with thishere

Users who are viewing this thread