Cricket 2004 Q&A - the official answers

inches19

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
how do u get the downloads to actually work inside the game like the bats and rosters

andyptl18

Club Cricketer
plz delete my post after sumone answers it correctly
which game do u think i should get
Cricket 2000 or Brian Lara Cricket 99 ? ( i can get either 1 of these for FREE)
both of these for PC
just tell me which one dependin on which one is the harder game to play n master
i know sumone will answer me to get one of the new cricket games but i m bored n the new ones , i thought, were really easy
plz help * i do know this is off-topic but plz help*

fanirama

Club Captain
Neither.
I'd recommend Cricket 2004 at the least to begin playing now and wait for the upcoming Cricket 2005. and BLIC 2005

oh ! If you're getting one for free go for Brian Lara cricket 99
I have it and its good. ( Though it runs well only on Win 98. Its not working correctly under WinXP )

andyptl18

Club Cricketer
but i heard that BLC 99 is really easy n i looked at some peoples' scores n they scored like 300-400 runs in 10-20 overs
y not Cricket 2000?
i can fix bugs pretty easily so dont worry if Cric 2K has a lot of bugs
as long as Cric 2K is hard enough

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
C2K is wwwaaaayyyy too easy...I scored 600 of 20 overs....on hard mode. Plus it has very limited gameplay(only 3 buttons in total!) and bowling is quite easy(I once bowled out RSA for 0 using one of the minnows). BLC99 has a test mode, which C2K didn't, and it probably has better gameplay. Get that.

andyptl18

Club Cricketer
i see now
wasnt Cric 2K exactly like Cricket World Cup 99 ( or atleast the batting)
thats what i heard n saw in the reviews and i played a demo for CWC 99 n the batting was hard ( messed up but hard)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Yes it was a patched up version of CWC99.
I never found batting hard, that is unless you remove the advance shots. Then it was just messed up, teams getting out for just about 30-50 runs because of lack of good shots to play...
Bowling was way too easy and the only good thing were the fields(place fielders anywhere) and stats. An advantage was the ability to save replays. The net sessions were good, but the game was so easy you wouldn't need them anyways.
Plus the closest you could get to a test match were 75 over ODIs, and you couldn't save exhibition matches, just WC matches. Your stats weren't recorded and there were hardly any players in a squad at all.

Get BLC99. I think you might enjoy it more...

andyptl18

Club Cricketer
anyways guys i am havin this problem with the game where :
when i start it the screen is all white but i can hear the " EA SPORTS its in the game" and then the startin video plays as well but then my screen goes black and now all i can do is hear the music of the menu
PLease HELP

anyways guys i am havin this problem with the game where :
when i start it the screen is all white but i can hear the " EA SPORTS its in the game" and then the startin video plays as well but then my screen goes black and now all i can do is hear the music of the menu :eek:
i think it might be from a problem form the player editor i used but i dont know

PLease HELP :help :help

andyptl18

Club Cricketer
no i dont think the Graphics card matters cuz bfore for bout 6 months it worked fine
but ever since i used Prakash's Player Editor

Users who are viewing this thread