Cricket 2004

S

sumoNYR88

We should all know the approximate release date for Cricket 2004 by now (early December for Ausralia, and Feburary in the UK and rest of the world), but will it be worth the wait?

Well, consider the new graphics (by looking at the Cricket 2004 screenshots, I feel a bit queezy about this one),

The commentary should be better, considering Benaud is on the verge of retirement and should have more free time (at least in the past 18 months),

The kits don't look too shabby, but only expect decent ones from NZ, SA, England, and Australia due to their full licences (they should acquire full licences for at least 8 of the 9 test countries, but that's EA, and another complaint for Cricket 2006 hint: I'am assuming that there won't be a Cricket 2005, since EA collects funds every 18 months and all that garbage),

Gameplay should be similar, starting with control (hopefully it feels 'tighter', and no longer some arcade game); the animations are supposed to be better, so that is also another thing to look foward to,

The tournaments should be another exciting feature, with the addition of the Pura and ING trophies (what about the famous Twenty20 competition? I doubt if EA will have that, but if they do, full marks. From what I can see from the past [espicially the FIFA series], EA has put in similar competitions, but with seperate names and instead allow the user to choose their teams, which is better than nothing,

Overall, this should be a good game, but it certainly won't be a perfect one. My prediction is that reviewers (from sites and magazines) will rate it anywhere from 6-9 out of 10. What do you think?

T

Tim

nope i dont think any game can actually be perfect, but it should be a good game.the season feauture should be a good new option and after 2 years i would firmly expect the graphics to be better as well

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree with Colin, and I think they'd be silly to leave the Twenty20 Cup out. But the season mode sounds brilliant. That's what I'm really looking forward to.

And the kits we've seen so far look quite decent.

S

sumoNYR88

Originally posted by James Driscoll@Nov 19 2003, 10:19 PM
I agree with Colin, and I think they'd be silly to leave the Twenty20 Cup out. But the season mode sounds brilliant. That's what I'm really looking forward to.

And the kits we've seen so far look quite decent.
They may not have Twenty20 Tournament, but I think that they will have an option (tournament editor) which allows us to create a Twenty20-like tournament (just like UEFA in real life. It is known as EFA in the FIFA series)...

jamesdriscoll

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
But seeing that they have full licenses for England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, they should have all the tournaments and sponsors in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread