Cricket 2005 (Full Version) Resolution Limits

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Hello all, perhaps you can help me with a tiresome problem. I'm running a Radeon X800Pro graphics card and yet Cricket 2005 will not let me use a resolution higher than 1024x768! Is this really the maximum resolution on offer. I'm sure I've read in other people's posts that they're running higher resolutions than this. If anyone is experiencing a similar problem I'd certainly appreciate any advice. Cheers!

brad352

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Salman1k said:
Probably because your using an LCD monitor.
Unless it was 15 inch its native resolution would be 1280x1024 or higher- I doubt that he'd be complaining about Cricket 2005 if no game would run at a greater resolution anyway.

My demo version seems to have a liking for setting its resolution back to 800x600 every time I change it, after I installed my 6600GT a couple of days ago- I'd assume there's something you could put in the command line to force it to use what you want, I'm just waiting to see if it happens in the full version as well before I do anything.

JANER

Club Cricketer
I have tft screen but it's native resolution is 1280x1024 and yet this game only goes to 1024x768 which is just plain silly.

nails

Club Cricketer
im playing on 1280x1024x32 fine.........im using a nvidia 6800 ultra, very smooth indeed, but just a normal 15 inch monitor......?

JANER

Club Cricketer
nails said:
im playing on 1280x1024x32 fine.........im using a nvidia 6800 ultra, very smooth indeed, but just a normal 15 inch monitor......?
wtf lol?
I have a x800xt PE

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Thank you all for your responses. I'm actually playing on a 21" CRT monitor and am using ATI's latest 5.6 Catalyst drivers. I wonder if it's those that are the problem. Anyone else using those drivers and not having a problem? I had the same problem when I played the demo - being limited to 1024x768. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times but to no avail! I realise I could have worse problems, but it's still driving me ever so slowly crazy! :eek:

One last point to clarify: It's not that certain higher resolutions don't work but rather that 1024x768 is the highest option available in the menu.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Thats a huge monitor christ! I just bought a new 17 inch one and was loving my 1280x1024 res. :)

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, whoever said size doesn't matter hasn't got a clue! ;) That's why I need the extra resolution to take advantage of it.

savvart

Associate Cricketer
I'm using 1600 x 1200 resolution. You should be able to change it too...

nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
Pentium 4 - 3.0 Ghz
200 HDD

Be good...

fanirama

Club Captain
wow. 1600x1200. sweet
playing on 1280x1024, all max. 4X AA

brad352

Executive member
Burma's Finest said:
Thank you all for your responses. I'm actually playing on a 21" CRT monitor and am using ATI's latest 5.6 Catalyst drivers. I wonder if it's those that are the problem. Anyone else using those drivers and not having a problem? I had the same problem when I played the demo - being limited to 1024x768. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times but to no avail! I realise I could have worse problems, but it's still driving me ever so slowly crazy! :eek:

One last point to clarify: It's not that certain higher resolutions don't work but rather that 1024x768 is the highest option available in the menu.
I've got the full version now, and my problem seems rather similar- I have 1280x1024 available on the menu, but if I select it the resolution will just set itself to 1024x768, which looks sh*t on a 19" LCD :mad:

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
And are you using an ATI card and drivers as well? If so, which ones? I've tried installing the game on a friend's machine using my discs to see if it works properly there AND IT DOES!! :mad He has an NVidia card and drivers. Are we sensing a pattern here?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
@ anyone having problems with their resolutions sticking:

Go into My Documents\EA Sports\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005 or similar. Then see what you have in there. Probably a folder or file with your profile name in it somewhere. I have a hunch it may have the extension .pro but that is just me guessing - it was called that in Rugby 2005 I think.

Send that file to me at t.hicks(at)hotmail.co.uk

I think I can fix it for you. I did it for people who had that problem with Rugby 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread