Cricket 2005 (Full Version) Resolution Limits

brad352

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Burma's Finest said:
And are you using an ATI card and drivers as well? If so, which ones? I've tried installing the game on a friend's machine using my discs to see if it works properly there AND IT DOES!! :mad He has an NVidia card and drivers. Are we sensing a pattern here?
Surprisingly enough, it only started after changing from an ATI card (9600 Pro) to an Nvidia one (6600GT)

No pattern there then, hopefully Tom can do something with it

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
OK.

Looks like I've found how you can change your resolution.

Use the program attached below.

You may have an error to do with comdlg32.ocx or something, but you can download that from the Cricket 2004 downloads centre under "essential files" I think. Put the ocx file either in c:\windows or c:\windows\system or system32 or maybe just the folder where you extracted my little program to. I can never remember.

Anyways, pretty simple this program. Just type in the new resolution. Back up your profile first, just to be safe.

It'll be in My Docs\EA SPorts\EA SPorts Cricket 2005\user-<name> at a guess but I'm not sure.

Then load up <name>.pro and type in the new resolution. Stick to "normal" resolutions to be safe - 1024x768, 800x600, 1280x whatever....get the idea?

If someone could report to me whether this works it'd be good.

Cheers.

Tom

Attachments

• ResChanger.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 719

wifler

Club Cricketer
Hi, I used the program and set my res to 1280x1024 but it didnt work. I loaded the game and it was still set to 1024x768 and that is the highest I can set it. Why is that? I have a 17" TFT screen which runs at 1280x1024 and I have a Geforce 2 mx400 graphics card with the latest NVIDIA drivers and directx9. How come some people can run the game on higher resolutions?

brad352

Executive member
wifler said:
Hi, I used the program and set my res to 1280x1024 but it didnt work. I loaded the game and it was still set to 1024x768 and that is the highest I can set it. Why is that? I have a 17" TFT screen which runs at 1280x1024 and I have a Geforce 2 mx400 graphics card with the latest NVIDIA drivers and directx9. How come some people can run the game on higher resolutions?
Try starting a game, it doesn't change the res of my menu but in-game it's the correct resolution

wifler

Club Cricketer
Yea the menu doesnt change but the res option isnt displayed in the menu. I thought if I went to display settings it would now say 1280x1024 and when I start a game it doesn't look any different. :(

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
wifler said:
Yea the menu doesnt change but the res option isnt displayed in the menu. I thought if I went to display settings it would now say 1280x1024 and when I start a game it doesn't look any different. :(

Lazy_Chestnut is a legend and we should bow down in reverence! :hpraise

See here: In this image (below) I was stuck at 1024x768:

attachment.php

After using Resolution Editor (see below), it's all good at 1600x1200! :cheers

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13046&stc=1

It doesn't change what options you see in the menu, but it definitely does change the resolution. HOORAH! :D

P.S. sorry about the image placement! Haven't quite worked out the intricacies of the whole message posting thing. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Low Res.jpg
    Low Res.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 361
  • High_Res.jpg
    High_Res.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

JANER

Club Cricketer
lazy_chesnut said:
OK.

You may have an error to do with comdlg32.ocx or something, but you can download that from the Cricket 2004 downloads centre under "essential files" I think.

Tom
I cannot find the "essential files"
Can someone link me to it plz?

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
The essential files section is cunningly located in the Essential Files section in the Downloads Centre! For the lazy ones out there, here's a link.

JANER

Club Cricketer
Grand! it worked!
Thanks to Lazy_chestnut and to Burmas finest, btw explain the name Burma?
Only drawback to this proggie is I can't tab out now to desktop but hey I can put up with that.

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England

Attachments

• Burma.jpg
    Burma.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 182

JANER

Club Cricketer
Nice reply I just seen your location and thats what confused me, btw I know abit about the free Burma movement and do bac it and I know even more now thanks to the information you supplied.

Users who are viewing this thread