Cricket 2005 without CD ?

These patches will increase the life span of the game, so EA won't have a problem with patching.

Yes there has been a no-cd crack released. However it is illegal as people who download the game need it to play the game.

So are you using these so called "illegal" patches?

[Yes, LOL :D . I don't really care if it is illegal, but I know that it is. There was a discussion about this in the BLIC forum, and Rubbergenius confirmed that it was technically illegal although he wasn't bothered.

If it was not for people on this forum modding and editing the game to make it more playable and realistic i certaintly would not purchase it thats for sure.
I am using the no cd crack purely to avoid damage to my discs and i assure anybody who wants to get there knickers in a twist about it i did pay for game.

Okay, are no-CD patches genuinely illegal? I got a no-CD patch for Cricket 2005 from Game Burn World (http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/cricket2005.htm), which is kinda buggy anyway. After replacing the original exe file with the patched one, you try and load the game, but you get a text box which tells you that the game CD cannot be found and gives you the option to "cancel" or "try again" or "continue". You click "cancel" about five or six times and then the game starts.

Anyway, the "terms of use" on the website read thus concerning the legality of their downloads:

"Please do not use the materials on this website to make ILLEGAL copies of copyrighted Games or Software. If you are caught making illegal copies you can face criminal charges which can put you in Jail. The material on this website is here for you to make personal back-up copies of your original Game CD, which is perfectly LEGAL. A personal back-up copy is a copy of a game which you make so that your original copy doesn't get damaged. You can only make a back-up copy if you are the original owner of the game and if you sell or give away your original game you must destroy the back-up copy you made. Some games come with special instructions for burning a back-up copy so you should follow those instructions."

So, are they talking rubbish when they claim that "personal back-up copies of your original Game CD" are "perfectly LEGAL"? Have they obtained permission from EA to create no-CD patches (do they even need to?) or do they simply misunderstand the legality of their work?

schase said:
So, are they talking rubbish when they claim that "personal back-up copies of your original Game CD" are "perfectly LEGAL"? Have they obtained permission from EA to create no-CD patches (do they even need to?) or do they simply misunderstand the legality of their work?

Surely it's like music. It's legal to rip .mp3s for personal use and to make copies of CDs to use in your car, for example. It's NOT legal to distribute the copied material to those who don't own the original material themselves. I can understand the adminstrators not encouraging this as it seems like a grey area and they don't want any unwelcomed legal action coming their way. That having been said, I personally buy all of my games but always use no-cd patches whenever possible because changing CDs all the time is a real hassle. I also copy music CDs to play in my car rather than buying two copies.

the patches made by the patchmakers on this site are not illegal becuz it does not hamper or defer EA or codemaster in their overall sales/ profit of the games....its can be argued that the patches increases the companies profit and games-sales (because in-order to use the patch u must own a copy of the game) so ppl will be more willing to buy the game if they know that patches would be realeased to make the game better}also the patches are being distrubuted free of charge so ea or codemasters sports are not entitled to/claim any financial losss ..modifying the contents or the game exe is jus a breach of the game's warranty agrement which means ea or codemasters are not entilted to give technical support or assistance once u hav done that.
nothing is illegal if u improve your own game by adding patches(editing game content ,deleting files ect.) to make it better

The no-cd crackz are illegal and not illegal
its illegal because they do hamper the sales and the company financial profits of the game......the no-cd presents a direct threat to the company financial profit by allowing backups(copies of the game) to run without its intended orignal cd thus making game easily shared between users or un-derserved financial gain to the user .......this sharing/selling violates the copyright aggrement.

it is legall becuz
according to the Fair Use Act and the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992 it states that you may legally make a copy for personal backup purposes, if you were the one who bought (and still own) the original.
This backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic game, but cannot be used for the purpose of acquiring financial gain or ensuing financia loss to the company(copyright holder).
its also states that companies are not required to make available the technology to make backup copies of their games nor are they to limit/stop other companies/individuals in creating technology that will allow for the game to be backed up for personal use with respect to the fair use act.

1st of all a NO-CD Crack will never be legal. The word crack itself is like saying breaking into.

And secondly, even if making patches were illegal, I doubt EA would say nething because I think they are fully aware of what we do at this forum.

And if they did say nething then I can see their sales drop drastically and a million more ppl jus dld the game and use the "Legal" NO-CD Crack :p

jeromedascorp said:
1st of all a NO-CD Crack will never be legal. The word crack itself is like saying breaking into.

And secondly, even if making patches were illegal, I doubt EA would say nething because I think they are fully aware of what we do at this forum.

And if they did say nething then I can see their sales drop drastically and a million more ppl jus dld the game and use the "Legal" NO-CD Crack :p

it is legall ......if it is use a tool/technology that enables a personal back-up copy of your orignal disc to work correctly..........

Users who are viewing this thread