cricket 2005

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I agree with both sohum and Will p ,
inspite of all the criticism EA are one of the best sports game making company in the world .The main reason why EA Cricket Series has not been up to the mark has been because
1.) The market is relatively small (compared to FIFA,NBA,NFl,NHLetc)

2.) In the subcontinent which has the potential to be one of the biggest markets for the Cricket Series , very few (roughly 20-25% or even less, I have not conducted a survey) can afford to purchase a game costing 1000-2000 Rs . Also , the piracy factor in the subcontinent lowers the profit from the game for EA (or for that matter any game company)

3.) Lack Of Competition -- The Biggest Factor all has been the lack of Competition in the market . Now that Codies are staging a comeback , EA`s monopoly over the Cricket Game market has ended and now thy will be pushed hard to raise the bar .

I have no other reasons to why EA Cricket Games (even 2002 and 2004) have not even been half as good (Both in terms of Graphics and Gameplay) as even NBA Live 1999 or FIFA RTWC 98 or EA NHL 2000 which wre released quite a few years prior to the 2 disappointing cricket games .

sarwan

Club Cricketer
i stll say ,price it at 500 and reap the rewards.but pricing depends on nation's economic policy.soooooooooo u cant help .

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, so you can just scale the prices according to location. Let the Americans and Europeans pay 50-green (or whatever color the Euro/Pound is) and let us Indians pay 500-green for it. :) A computer game is a luxury product--demand increases as income goes up. That means that if incomes are low, demand is low. So you gotta understand, EA. Wake up!

fanirama

Club Captain
sohummisra said:
Yeah, so you can just scale the prices according to location. Let the Americans and Europeans pay 50-green (or whatever color the Euro/Pound is) and let us Indians pay 500-green for it. :) A computer game is a luxury product--demand increases as income goes up. That means that if incomes are low, demand is low. So you gotta understand, EA. Wake up!

Why should we Americans pay 50 bucks when you only pay like $20-$30 ????
We should also pay $20 or you should pay $50 equivalent.
Thankfully due to a trend started by Sega Sports, most sports games here are starting for like $19.99. However, there still some like $39.99 or $49.99 ( this is the typical game cost )

Anyhoo, the companies take into account the economics of the country, purchasing power, marketing/advertising costs, piracy etc. into account and price a game as per them. This is fair, I think. There is a lot of piracy on games in Asian countries so costs are higher I think. like Rs 2000 like someone said above

Lucky

International Cricketer
I think as the ICC tries to increase the nations playing cricket, it will become more popular and in a couple of years Codemasters and EA will be spending more than they are now trying to make a cricket game we all dream of.......(well mabye not EA)

sarwan

Club Cricketer
We should also pay $20 or you should pay $50 equivalent.

u really think that makes any sense?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
fanirama said:
It's simple economies, dude. The GDP per capita, or average income of an average American citizen is about 20-30 times that of an Indian citizen. There is not as much money in India, therefore the prices must be adjusted to bring it into the same range as the income levels. It is like going into a 3rd grade classroom and trying to explain a PhD on Astrophysics, if you know what I mean. They will hear it, but they won't understand it. We will see it but we won't buy it.

gamerkid22

National Board President
guess the players . according to me they are:
top row from left: S.Fleming ,A.Gilchrist, M.Hayden, M,Vaughan
middle row left: G.McGrath
bottom row from left: G.Jones , S.Harmison, S.Jones

G

Gilchrist

Looks promising of what I have heard of the game, I will be waiting as soon as it comes out.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
Firstly: Cricket 2005 was NOT rushed, it was infact delayed.

Second: Try paying $100 per game as I have to.

Thirdly: It never sold well in America cause cricket ain't a big sport over there.

Fourth: The Cricket Series game play and graphics are different from most of EA games because EA don't make the Cricket series, like they make NBA, MADDEN etc. HB Studios make the Cricket series which is a far less capable company and they have alot less more money.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I would also like to point out that it was originally called Cricket 2006, not Cricket 2005, that really suggests its been delayed doesn't it! :rolleyes:

taxial

School Cricketer
The same as BLC, Cricket2005's release date was only given out a couple of weeks back, they have been speculated by retailers to be anywhere from as early as March 2005, to as late as December 2005, as was the name Cricket 2006 from my understanding.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
Well EA were going to release it last summer here in Australia as Cricket 2005, but thats just about the time they heard about BLIC and then set the release date back for mid/late this year(to improve it because of the competition). Now a few things have probably gone right with the game and they are able to get it out in july. The only reason the name Cricket 2006 got in the mix is becuase it was looking to be out August/September but EA are getting the game out in July, but this doesn't mean it's rushed out, you have to remember that the release date was initially set back in the first place..

Users who are viewing this thread