Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hanav Baxi

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
For me, it's the sound on these videos.

Every shot on 19, regardless of just hanging the bat out to guide it to third man or smashing the cover off it over the bowlers head, the sound on contact is nearly identical.

On 21, there's way more variety and intelligence to the sounds attached to various shots.

Agree on the animations as well. Makes a good combo.
Nicely observed mate. I watched it again and noticed the same. The sound of the bat varies significantly depending on the shot offered. Sounds of the defencive shots and miss timed shots are pretty much improved and sounds realistic.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope they release some news/images/videos on the career mode enhancements.

I wish BA is active in this forum like before, so there could be some constructive discussions on the improvements and limitations in the new game (ignoring other annoying questions), so the hype around the release doesn't die down sooner.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I used to play the simulation game called cricket coach. Was a wonderful game where the skills of players will improve based on their performance and age and for older players their skills will decrease considerably.

It had different aggression levels for different formats. Which are few things I would like to see in the game to enhance the experience.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
For me, it's the sound on these videos.

Every shot on 19, regardless of just hanging the bat out to guide it to third man or smashing the cover off it over the bowlers head, the sound on contact is nearly identical.

On 21, there's way more variety and intelligence to the sounds attached to various shots.

Agree on the animations as well. Makes a good combo.
Still think it could be better but hey, the sound in these games hasn't been the best (bowled sound I'm looking...listening? to you :p)

On a side note I hope small details are added which help the satisfaction of gameplay. I'm speaking of stuff like having variety when ball comes off bat, for example when you hit a back foot drive or even front foot cover and straight drive the ball bounces a lot after connecting really makes the shots feel good loved C07 because of this

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there any good detailed tutorial video on play face for creating players?
I guess we need photoshop help to make play face players. Right?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
On a side note I hope small details are added which help the satisfaction of gameplay. I'm speaking of stuff like having variety when ball comes off bat, for example when you hit a back foot drive or even front foot cover and straight drive the ball bounces a lot after connecting really makes the shots feel good loved C07 because of this

MLB The Show is a game I often end up mentioning when talking about Cricket games, mainly due to the baseball/cricket similarities. Granted there's a significant gulf in resources available between the two developers, but it's a window into where cricket games could go given the time and money.

A few years ago, maybe more now in fact, Sony revamped all their ball physics. Hitting fly balls used to be a case of ball would leave the bat at point A and apart from the arc of it rising and falling, it would arrive at it's destination.

They changed that to put all sorts of stuff for the curve and dip that can occur on the ball in flight, wind as well, and now no two shots are ever the same.

The amount of variation you can get from at bats, a pop up that really dips due to the top spin. Grounders that move laterally on first bounce due to the spin off the bat, fly balls that draw or fade in flight, like a golf shot, due to the angle of contact.

That would be cool to see, but ultimately, is a long way down the list of priorities :-)

---EDIT---

Just to avoid the double post, here is the video I meant. Check out the first 1 minute 10 of this (and stay for the rest if you're interested in other things that Sony worked on that year:

"
"

Also, couldn't remember how long ago this change was, and now I see it was for 2017 I feel old haha

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

MLB The Show is a game I often end up mentioning when talking about Cricket games, mainly due to the baseball/cricket similarities. Granted there's a significant gulf in resources available between the two developers, but it's a window into where cricket games could go given the time and money.

A few years ago, maybe more now in fact, Sony revamped all their ball physics. Hitting fly balls used to be a case of ball would leave the bat at point A and apart from the arc of it rising and falling, it would arrive at it's destination.

They changed that to put all sorts of stuff for the curve and dip that can occur on the ball in flight, wind as well, and now no two shots are ever the same.

The amount of variation you can get from at bats, a pop up that really dips due to the top spin. Grounders that move laterally on first bounce due to the spin off the bat, fly balls that draw or fade in flight, like a golf shot, due to the angle of contact.

That would be cool to see, but ultimately, is a long way down the list of priorities :-)

---EDIT---

Just to avoid the double post, here is the video I meant. Check out the first 1 minute 10 of this (and stay for the rest if you're interested in other things that Sony worked on that year:

"
"

Also, couldn't remember how long ago this change was, and now I see it was for 2017 I feel old haha
4 year old game and the amount of detail is just amazing. We can only dream of a day when cricket game will be of this quality.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
cricket 22 Vs cricket 19 Batting Net training , Which is Best

---EDIT---

"
"

BA were never close to any of the details that Sony had in MLB games. Let alone that....

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
BA were never close to any of the details that Sony had in MLB games. Let alone that....

Oh, I know. And as I mentioned, it's not a knock on BA in any way. Sony compared to Big Ant is like when people compare these cricket games to FIFA.

I always say that people should check out MLB The Show though, they are excellent sports games. If you understand baseball, that is!

Users who are viewing this thread