Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I had my first Career Mode first class match at county level for Durham. I was very disappointed that the Riverside didn't look right and was situated in the Alps, by the looks of it...where was Lumley Castle? That aside, the match was fun and I managed to get 4 wickets in each innings including some excellent bat-pad catches at short leg and a great wicket bowling a leg break round the batter's legs to take out middle stump. There was actually some turn in the pitch for the first time. Still very frustrating not being able to field with the bowler when the ball trickles by as the batters saunter an easy single...and the lighting is still a mess. So it is very much taking the rough with the smooth but there are enough enjoyable elements in the game to keep me playing. I hope in the next iteration they devote 98% of their design and development effort on fielding, weather and location. With these improved to the level that batting and bowling operate at now...it would be a very good and immersive game.

Dmayne

School Cricketer
Still waiting, no news yet..
I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt but the fact it has been a shoddy release yet again would suggest that the QA and bug testing is way below what it should be. Whether that's just a lack of resource or it is incompetent people, I don't know, but I'd hope the former. We haven't seen massive strides forward in things like graphics or loads of new features or even building on a brand new engine (as far as I'm aware) so why can't the budget be put towards this?

Actually did a test run on career mode and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. None of the systems are actually implemented in their final state so the don't have any impact and there's loads of placeholder text for different situation, along with no sound or subtitles on the cutscenes. If it was as big a game as something like Cyberpunk, it would have been pulled on Xbox at least (looks like the other versions work with the usual amount of bugs). Surely a day one patch is for fixing bugs and errors, not actually making sure in game systems function on any level, or creating new assets. Genuinely like an early access build for career mode.

And the fact that the Xbox patch lags behind again when most games get all systems done at once, would suggest failings on Big Ant's part. I know Xbox approval process takes longer but the fact it still hasn't been approved and this seems to happen to BA all the time and not other developers, hints at the problem being caused by BA.

And of course you can't even get a refund.

I'm not even mad about it but it just all feels very shady to me.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
In the difficulty settings what does the physics setting do.I at present have it on medium and when I try to change it to hard it just reverts back.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Al finally hit some sixes in the bbl .Offside shots still not sorted.Atherton thinks Sydney showgrounds is Adelaide stadium.Some fielding still a bit sluggish.Maybe i am imagining it but a couple of patches ago it was perfect. Overall game is getting there.Waiting for teams and logos to be transferred from c19 before starting career.I know its not the priority but hopefully they do it soon.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is anyone having any framerate issue on ps4 after a wicket has fallen irrespective of day or night games?

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
fair to say I reckon since playing the game on day 1 till now reckon it come a long way playing on version 1.10

gleebo41

School Cricketer
Is anyone having any framerate issue on ps4 after a wicket has fallen irrespective of day or night games?
One change I made and it’s definitely made the game look better and smoother is make sure your TV settings don’t have HDR on.

HDR is creating a game input lag. With it off I have found the game to run better ( not perfect) but it definitely helps.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
One change I made and it’s definitely made the game look better and smoother is make sure your TV settings don’t have HDR on.

HDR is creating a game input lag. With it off I have found the game to run better ( not perfect) but it definitely helps.
I will try that. Thanks

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt but the fact it has been a shoddy release yet again would suggest that the QA and bug testing is way below what it should be. Whether that's just a lack of resource or it is incompetent people, I don't know, but I'd hope the former. We haven't seen massive strides forward in things like graphics or loads of new features or even building on a brand new engine (as far as I'm aware) so why can't the budget be put towards this?

Actually did a test run on career mode and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. None of the systems are actually implemented in their final state so the don't have any impact and there's loads of placeholder text for different situation, along with no sound or subtitles on the cutscenes. If it was as big a game as something like Cyberpunk, it would have been pulled on Xbox at least (looks like the other versions work with the usual amount of bugs). Surely a day one patch is for fixing bugs and errors, not actually making sure in game systems function on any level, or creating new assets. Genuinely like an early access build for career mode.

And the fact that the Xbox patch lags behind again when most games get all systems done at once, would suggest failings on Big Ant's part. I know Xbox approval process takes longer but the fact it still hasn't been approved and this seems to happen to BA all the time and not other developers, hints at the problem being caused by BA.

And of course you can't even get a refund.

I'm not even mad about it but it just all feels very shady to me.
Well said and one thing you forget to mention that all waiting is still for day1 patch as confirmed by Ross and when next patch vil submit or release.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It turns out I am getting a Ps5 for Christmas (have ps4 now) , please don't tell me I have to pay another £50 for this, it hasn't been worth it yet paying for it just the once...

Users who are viewing this thread