Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mr.Pro Bowler is streaming guys..

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Having played out my four test series to a near conclusion I am of the opinion that this game is no fun and the scripting seems more egregious than ever in terms of what an AI can chase in the fourth innings, their ability to leave any ball that will not hit the stumps despite how close in line/length you are, the overpowered legside shots, the shots they can play and you can't, the ridiculous physics of the edges and the inability of a fielder to throw the ball from the deep even if you've pressed the button to throw until the batsman have completed the set number of runs the AI thinks the shot is worth.

Batting is fine if a little dull and boring because of the legside lines etc but the bowling and fielding is absolute dogshit and makes me not want to play the game.
I actually agree on this
Test cricket on cricket 22 is not fun atm
bowling tight outside off stump lines does nothing
AI will eventually just shift their stance towards 7th-8th stump line and hit the balls on leg side and that too at balls being bowled at 150 kmph
AI batsmen just start hitting outside off stump balls to cover from the word go without settling in
Aftertouch on pro controls on ps5 is still a mystery without any clarity on how it works
the tutorial mode of aftertouch tells you something diff and in reality it doesnt work like that in a match

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I actually agree on this
Test cricket on cricket 22 is not fun atm
bowling tight outside off stump lines does nothing
AI will eventually just shift their stance towards 7th-8th stump line and hit the balls on leg side and that too at balls being bowled at 150 kmph
AI batsmen just start hitting outside off stump balls to cover from the word go without settling in
Aftertouch on pro controls on ps5 is still a mystery without any clarity on how it works
the tutorial mode of aftertouch tells you something diff and in reality it doesnt work like that in a match

It isn’t ideal by any stretch of the imagination but if you stick an offside sweeper out there. They won’t play that shot anywhere near as much.

I have said it a few times they need a release valve. They are limited in what they do and will target the open space. Which I suppose you would do.

It’s a game at the end of the day.. if you pack the offside and bowl wide of off they need to do something.

Ideally we would want a better AI that can adapt but atm that is there way of adapting.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
It isn’t ideal by any stretch of the imagination but if you stick an offside sweeper out there. They won’t play that shot anywhere near as much.

I have said it a few times they need a release valve. They are limited in what they do and will target the open space. Which I suppose you would do.

It’s a game at the end of the day.. if you pack the offside and bowl wide of off they need to do something.

Ideally we would want a better AI that can adapt but atm that is there way of adapting.
it is fair that they need a release valve but what I want is that a particular batsmen atleast plays acc to his role or mentality
I was fed up seeing kane williamson scoring 50 in less than 50 balls disregarding that it was a day 1 green perth wicket.
It is okay to play a cover drive but not without any repurcussions
how can AI keep on playing cover drives after cover drives without edging them

Wealey

ICC Board Member
it is fair that they need a release valve but what I want is that a particular batsmen atleast plays acc to his role or mentality
I was fed up seeing kane williamson scoring 50 in less than 50 balls disregarding that it was a day 1 green perth wicket.
It is okay to play a cover drive but not without any repurcussions
how can AI keep on playing cover drives after cover drives without edging them

Yeah well this is where the chat about pitches etc comes into play and movement and risk etc.

We all know it’s most likely scripted in many ways. Just could be better hidden!

avinashp

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Getting closer for xbox patch to go through

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211221-143547_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211221-143547_Twitter.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 82

Rain94

School Cricketer
Is anyone else getting a very loud piercing sound after every career match during cut scenes and training session? I've never experienced a bug that is harmful like this. I had on headphones and it was extremely loud.

This is on PS5. Just a heads up to everyone. It was painful. Here is video of it and I had the volume on the TV low as well. It goes away after I click through the ratings boost post match or when training session finishes.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does changing sliders in game save or do you have to relaunch the match?
They save. At least it feels that way for me when I tinker about.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So as I said on twitter…”disputing the severity”….so happy to release with multiple small issues…..still not great.
I would be really happy if patch is released.

Users who are viewing this thread