Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was half expecting this game to have it's issues on release but I would always purchase Big Ants titles because in the end we end up with great games.Crossed with excellent modders and a developer that listens and tries it's best to give us what we pay for.If they were EA Sports I would be furious and would stop spending my money with them as I already have.I can remember the EA Cricket titles and they were awful full stop apart from the licenses.Eventually all the improvements that were made were done by amateur modders in their spare precious time.I do pick fault but I try to be constructive and try to help where I can.The last thing I want is for Big Ant to throw in the towel and stop making these games.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
I was half expecting this game to have it's issues on release but I would always purchase Big Ants titles because in the end we end up with great games.Crossed with excellent modders and a developer that listens and tries it's best to give us what we pay for.If they were EA Sports I would be furious and would stop spending my money with them as I already have.I can remember the EA Cricket titles and they were awful full stop apart from the licenses.Eventually all the improvements that were made were done by amateur modders in their spare precious time.I do pick fault but I try to be constructive and try to help where I can.The last thing I want is for Big Ant to throw in the towel and stop making these games.
Agreed. And I do understand the frustration expressed. We all love cricket and long for a game that does it justice. I believe BA are very close and we need stay behind them. Feedback is vital; negative criticism is not.
I'll stop ranting now.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was asking if it would be one, as yet again its an issue from nowhere. They've done a good job adding the more common number fonts from international sides but broke the names and numbers with it.
I misunderstood m8 and haven't noticed this.We all see different issues and interprate them to be more important to ourselves.No offense intended

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ok lads, I have been golding off posting this as I wanted to test it thoroughly but im confident in what im about to type...

I have always felt the players are over skilled and I know @wasteyouryouth has felt similar i think in the past especially the lisenced teams.

Anyway, I think they are DRASTICALLY over skilled.

So for the final test and to showcase my results I downloaded Wastes India and did the following:

Sharma : Lowered Glance, Judgement, Control and Drive skills.
Rahul: Lowerd drive skills considerably, judgement and defence.
Pujara: Drastically lowred attacking ability.

Results:

• No last ball smash anywhere in the innings. I think in the whole 30 overs only 5 boundaries were hit.
  • Pujara couldnt get it off the square
  • Rahul (I kid you not) played and missed outside the off stump 15 times in the session before nicking to the slips.
Cricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.29 - 20.23.12.91.png
  • Sharma couldnt get it away off his pads, kept miss timing or inside edging it. Was then forced to drive and nicked to keeper.
Cricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.29 - 20.00.34.01.png
  • Run rate stayed below three throughout with ability to bowl maidens.
  • The lowered attaciking ability meant not every shot raced to the boundary.
  • Rahul, nicked 3 defensive shots that dropped short of fielders.

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.29 - 20.23.53.86.png

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.29 - 20.09.09.12.png

Proper, Poper Test Match Cricket

@Ken Tremendous @Rumple43 @blockerdave

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@WealeyH Wow...I feel like this has been the case since DBC 14 if the stats were too high or if they were set to Brute or whatever it would just be a nightmare. Any chance of convincing BA to let us at least edit the stats of licenced teams?

How much did you lower the skills?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@WealeyH Wow...I feel like this has been the case since DBC 14 if the stats were too high or if they were set to Brute or whatever it would just be a nightmare. Any chance of convincing BA to let us at least edit the stats of licenced teams?

Considerably.. for Rahul drive to level 1 if I remember tightly. I genuinly kid you not he played and missed 14 times. It felt like a tough morning at edgbaston. And I finally got him last over before lunch.

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer

You can edit skills of licensed players I believe. Which I believe means we could do a roster project to take wastes teams and then edit players to balance out the test sides.

TommoN

Club Captain
Want to start a career but the only things that’s holding me back is that the county kits haven’t been created yet. If I start now and download the kits at a later date, will they update in the career mode?

Thanks for any help. Apologies if this has already been asked

Users who are viewing this thread