cricket 97 on XP

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi guys, i decided to play some classic cricket games like Cricket 97.
But when trying to install it, it doesnt work. i searched online, it is cause cricket 97 only works on DOS based OSs. Does anybody have any idea how to make it run on windows XP?? I tried running it in compatibility mode, but that doesnt help. :help

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The best way is to use DOSBox, it isn't exactly simple, but it worked for me running Cricket 96. The tutorials on the site should help get you going.

Scratch that, just got a chance to test it, you need to run it from windows. 98 in VirtualPC would be your best bet.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I use DosBOX and it's pretty simple really.
Strange about C97 though as my original version works on XP.

Bibu07

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Same is the case of my C'97. It does work with DosBOX but I can't hear anything, I mean the music or sound.:noway

Hitterman

International Coach
Strange about C97 though as my original version works on XP.
It's working in my PC too even though it is XP Pro SP3. No problems for me so far :)

Have you tried different compatibility modes?

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
hi guys,
thx a lot for ur responses.
well i cant even install the game. if i try to install it normally in windows xp then the screen turns totally black.
I tried running the setup.exe in compatibility mode, but that gave me the same result.
Then i tried running the setup.exe in dosbox, but dosbox gave an error message that it can't be run in dos. so it is quite weird. hmm

i am really stunned that so many ppl actually replied. LOL. would have never expected ppl to care abt cricket 97 now.

so thx a lot
i will read the tutorial in dosbox now n try it agian, maybe i did sth wrong.

Bibu07

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But for me it installed normally, no probs. The only place I got stuck and am stuck is that, there is no sound in game.(w/wo using dosbox)

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
hi, i solved the problem, i hope this is not an illegal way.
the problem just is that i cant install it so:

i installed the game on my bro's pc, there it happens to work somehow (i have the cd).
then i copied the installed files to my pc and imported registry files which related to the cricket 97 game. it works. yay
i hope this is not illegal or sth, i still need the cd to work, so i guess it should be fine.

thx for every1s help.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
In my case, it works fine. I'd little concerns but it works fine on my PC without a glitch. Since The CD's like 10 years old. Just But Occasionally Gets stuck with the commentary looping. But i could still remove the CD and play the game. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread