Cricket Academy Discussion

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
And yet on the ashes thread you say how it's not a big deal. At least have the nerve to give your actual opinion, and not one that you think is the right thing to say. This site is mostly about discussing difference of opinions. My opinion is that DRS is a great feature to add. Anyway this is off topic for this thread.

Calm down dude, i see this is a very very big deal for you and yes more than me. I was having a joke saying how bigant are up on paper against ashes at the moment. The features in the bigant game are far better than ashes 2013 but like we all have said many times, gameplay is number one and i hope it still is for all of us.

Honest, ok i was a little disappointed by not having DRS or a manual appeal or both. Bigant don't have a huge licence as far as we know so ross and his team have put all the effort into features but not much of a licence, i feel this is a very clever deal for them as if ea sports do make a cricket game in the near future then maybe they will pick up bigant for them. maybe a dream but you never know.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Calm down dude

Trust me, I'm calm. Just don't like people who won't give their true opinion because they feel they might offend someone. I never set out to offend anyone, but I do say what's on my mind. I told chief what I thought of the decision to leave out DRS and I'm sure he can handle my criticism. To many yes men in this world.

----------

if ea sports do make a cricket game in the near future then maybe they will pick up bigant for them.

Oh and by the way, ea sports can stay well away from cricket games! Knowing them, you would have to pay 80msp for every bat and 1200msp for every stadium.

srk121

International Coach
Calm down dude, i see this is a very very big deal for you and yes more than me. I was having a joke saying how bigant are up on paper against ashes at the moment. The features in the bigant game are far better than ashes 2013 but like we all have said many times, gameplay is number one and i hope it still is for all of us.

Honest, ok i was a little disappointed by not having DRS or a manual appeal or both. Bigant don't have a huge licence as far as we know so ross and his team have put all the effort into features but not much of a licence, i feel this is a very clever deal for them as if ea sports do make a cricket game in the near future then maybe they will pick up bigant for them. maybe a dream but you never know.

But point here is Ross and his team have at least made an effort to counter the licencing issue by giving us an editor that will make up for it. But with trickstar they lack this kind of thing. They are just coming up and saying we don't have this, we can't implement this and that. To me its all negative aspect. Sorry for going off topic. Upbeat with this game after playing Rugby League live 2.:cheers

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The issue i can see with this game is having too many features can also introduce too many bugs. Plus having too many features can also result in many of them not getting implemented well in the game. At the least i would expect a solid core gamplay with proper animations and any shortcomings in that wont get overshadowed by all the extra features. Optional features should only be implemented once the core gameplay is flawless (and animations)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
But point here is Ross and his team have at least made an effort to counter the licencing issue by giving us an editor that will make up for it. But with trickstar they lack this kind of thing. They are just coming up and saying we don't have this, we can't implement this and that. To me its all negative aspect. Sorry for going off topic. Upbeat with this game after playing Rugby League live 2.:cheers

Yes ross and his team are on a winner here if they get the gameplay right they will blow ashes out of the water in the long run, ashes will sell well for the ashes but after who knows. New engine sounds great but they have shown jack.:yes

srk121

International Coach
The issue i can see with this game is having too many features can also introduce too many bugs. Plus having too many features can also result in many of them not getting implemented well in the game. At the least i would expect a solid core gamplay with proper animations and any shortcomings in that wont get overshadowed by all the extra features. Optional features should only be implemented once the core gameplay is flawless (and animations)

I am only saying based on playing RLL2. Though I do not know much about Rugby, but I gave a go to the game, Even though I am only casual rugby gamer I have been playing hours and hours. To me most of the features are very well thought of and well implemented in the game.

sure all game have their fare share of issue, I expect this game to have it as well.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
I am only saying based on playing RLL2. Though I do not know much about Rugby, but I gave a go to the game, Even though I am only casual rugby gamer I have been playing hours and hours. To me most of the features are very well thought of and well implemented in the game.

sure all game have their fare share of issue, I expect this game to have it as well.

Could you tell us more about rll2? The animations, motion of players, how the game feels (polished or rough) , collision system between players, diving/sliding, catching the ball etc etc. some of these might not be relevant to cricket but i want to get an idea about how dedicated they are in perfecting their products.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Trust me, I'm calm. Just don't like people who won't give their true opinion because they feel they might offend someone. I never set out to offend anyone, but I do say what's on my mind. I told chief what I thought of the decision to leave out DRS and I'm sure he can handle my criticism. To many yes men in this world.

----------

Oh and by the way, ea sports can stay well away from cricket games! Knowing them, you would have to pay 80msp for every bat and 1200msp for every stadium.

Yeah you're right about ea sports, voted the worse company in america not long ago but i still want there licence with say bigant as a partner. Sounds great on paper just like there game.

I do tell the truth i just don't like attacking people on here, chief and ross are being nice enough spending there time here so i'm careful not to go over the top. When the games are out and we are all playing them, then the gloves are off.p.s I can take a joke and give one out.:D

----------

Could you tell us more about rll2? The animations, motion of players, how the game feels (polished or rough) , collision system between players, diving/sliding, catching the ball etc etc. some of these might not be relevant to cricket but i want to get an idea about how dedicated they are in perfecting their products.

Dude go to youtube and see for yourself.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
If it was to be, and since RLL2 was licensed a bit( I am not too sure), Big Ant could atleast rope in the domestic Australian League licenses.

I was thinking the same, if domestic state teams are in the bigant game then we can hope to have the aus team in there by putting the state teams in the aus team. Who knows as getting licence secrets from ross and chief is like finding the holy grail.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
If it was to be, and since RLL2 was licensed a bit( I am not too sure), Big Ant could atleast rope in the domestic Australian League licenses.

They can't since ashes 13 has CA and ECBlicense and i m guessing the domestic leagues are under those two boards.

srk121

International Coach

Don't expect to be as high as FIFA series or NBA. But it is pretty close to it. The game is pretty fluid and has a great feel to it. Though there is nothing like a "be a pro" kind of career mode, to me the career mode in RLL2 is superb and very well implemented. I would not be able to comment on Gameplay because I think I am no where near close to be as good as others. So I will speak about what I see.

catching system is pretty good, you have to position you player correctly to catch. Love to dive and the DIRT system is good. But what I really love is the atmosphere and sure size of the stadiums, it feels huge.

I suck at the game but still love playing.:yes

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
They can't since ashes 13 has CA and ECBlicense and i m guessing the domestic leagues are under those two boards.

Manchester United and Real Madrid(many more) were licensed in PES this time, even being under FIFA( world board). So i judged by this fact, if this could be the case.

----------

I was thinking the same, if domestic state teams are in the bigant game then we can hope to have the aus team in there by putting the state teams in the aus team. Who knows as getting licence secrets from ross and chief is like finding the holy grail.
I meant a separate complete Australian competition licensing, from Pura cup to Big Bash.
If you could remember, what BLIC07 had done with ICC Events.

Users who are viewing this thread