Cricket Academy questions

glitch found "every ball appealing" :P

Glitch continue: Then you will not get any wicket as lbw unless you get them clean out ie caught, bowled or runout..:spy

Correct, as above:

If you appeal to much the umpire will get annoyed and is less likely to see things your way.

----------

Does that apply to the whole team? I mean sometimes fielders appeal out of excitement even when the bowler doesn't.
And do we have leg side wk catches that are deflected from the bat of an almost wide down the legside ball?

All appeals are manually instigated - we've made it a part of the gameplay.

The batsman will feel a slight rumble for any edge, they will know.

You can be caught off any deflection from a valid ball.

Disagree with me if you want but if this game was made by EA Sports or any known brand they wouldn't have put so much depth in a cricket game like Big Ant are doing right now in it's first installment. If this game indeed turns out as it's on paper, then they deserve more than appreciation. Hopefully with this game they'll be known more widely and gain success which they thoroughly deserve.

Hats off to you guys!

What's the PC keyboard equivalent?

There is no equivalent to the rumble on keyboard (or controllers that don't rumble). This is meant to be a "tell" to the batsman, not the fielders.

I expect most people will play with a reasonable controller (Xbox etc..)

Is there anything this game doesn't do? Seriously, there has to be a 'no, we have not done it' somewhere from Ross. I can't really wait for this!

There is no equivalent to the rumble on keyboard (or controllers that don't rumble). This is meant to be a "tell" to the batsman, not the fielders.
Couldn't you just add some form of optional visual indicator - or will the audio help in that case?

Couldn't you just add some form of optional visual indicator - or will the audio help in that case?

Some sort of ball-brushing-the-pad sound or ball-nicking-the-bat sound so we know what really happened no matter what decision the umpire gives.

This game is just sound amazing. This is great work Ross. I really appriciate all your answers. Keep up the good work. :):):):)

This game is just sound amazing. This is great work Ross. I really appriciate all your answers. Keep up the good work. :):):):)

It is amazing. Of course we dont know how it works and fits together but judging by their other games I am very confident that we will be talking about this game for many years to come as the defining moment when we actually got the game we have all craved for for donkeys years.

I expect most people will play with a reasonable controller (Xbox etc..)

So it wouldn't vibrate if the ball brushed the pad while the bat was still close? It would be nice if it does and the umpire gives notout and we eventually find out in the replays that he was right. We do have replays for close calls right?

It is amazing. Of course we dont know how it works and fits together but judging by their other games I am very confident that we will be talking about this game for many years to come as the defining moment when we actually got the game we have all craved for for donkeys years.

After many years we have had this kind of response and full features from the cricket title.Cricket life 1 showed a glimpse and then never showed what the game was all about. However I wish Bigant very good luck and will tell each and everyone to support their game and buy a legit copy and not support piracy.

Is there anything this game doesn't do? Seriously, there has to be a 'no, we have not done it' somewhere from Ross. I can't really wait for this!

There are a few "no's" here and there, people just haven't focussed on them.

----------

So it wouldn't vibrate if the ball brushed the pad while the bat was still close? It would be nice if it does and the umpire gives notout and we eventually find out in the replays that he was right. We do have replays for close calls right?

The idea is that the batsman knows if he snicked it or not - we don't want the fielding side to absolutely know.

Afterwards the replays will clearly show what happened.

----------

The idea is that the batsman knows if he snicked it or not - we don't want the fielding side to absolutely know.

Afterwards the replays will clearly show what happened.

So what is missing then ross? ;)

I think I've asked in the past but have you got a testing mode or something where you run a bunch of these close calls with the players having the full-speed visual/audio/physical cues and their ability to accurately predict whether it is out or not? If so, how good are you at it? Does difficulty level impact the cues?

How about a 24 player multiplayer with the umpires playable?

Yes but the yes-s have all been so good that the few nos we have seen are relatively minute.......I swear on the hair of my Bolivian guinea pig that if this game is any good I will buy three of them to show my support and give em to friends as prezzies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread