Cricket Championship

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
No idea now, since I don't care about my team and only log in to stop my team from going bot and to check on my Nats, but I was in div 3 at my peak. I joined about 2 years after the start of the game.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
For anyone who's interested one day friendlies have now been introduced.

The latest updates introduces limited over matches (only 50 overs per side at the moment). You can arrange friendlies using the friendly broker or by challenging other teams from their team?s page. You can arrange friendly leagues too ? there won?t be any official limited over competitions for at least another season.

Please remember that any matches or leagues that you arrange that clash with the official 4-day leagues will mean that you will be unable to play in the official leagues this season.

The latest release also included a whole load of other improvements including improvements to the way poorer batsmen perform, more detailed statistics for players and the ability to save teams as favourites (more in the release notes)

And I just got back up into Oceania division 1, courtesy of a one run thriller which denied the other team going for promotion a victory.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Each to their own I guess. I just found FTP and Battrick very hard to get into. I'm sure when you get into them they would be "better" because they've been running for longer, but CC's much simpler which is what I want when I just want to do the basics, and I've found it much more realistic which is the most important thing. With the other two you have to take over another team or something like that.

Meh, I don't really want to compare the games, I just thought at least some PC members would be interested in it, because as far as I know there's none active on it atm.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Each to their own I guess. I just found FTP and Battrick very hard to get into. I'm sure when you get into them they would be "better" because they've been running for longer, but CC's much simpler which is what I want when I just want to do the basics, and I've found it much more realistic which is the most important thing. With the other two you have to take over another team or something like that.

Meh, I don't really want to compare the games, I just thought at least some PC members would be interested in it, because as far as I know there's none active on it atm.

I've signed up so I'll give it a go for a bit. First impression is that it looks a bit boring. Maybe I'll change my tune after a decent go on it. What do I need to do to get started?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Click on "find a league to join", and apply to join "CC Oceania" (or "CC Europe"), they're the two official leagues.

They don't start for a week or so because it's in the middle of seasons atm, so you can then go and organize a friendly at the "Friendly Broker" starting tomorrow.

Or wait until tomorrow and I'll play my 'B' team with you in a friendly, because I'm in the middle of smashing this system managed team atm.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
There, I sent you a challenge Iridium :p

----------

After playing FTP for so long, the CC interface just looks horrid

yeah, I think that was one of the reasons I stopped playing, and the reason why I don't like Battrick a whole lot.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Accepted. Now I need to look through my squad and see how rubbish my players are.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
haha, I seem to have a few decent players. I've got a 64 rated fast bowler who can bowl reverse swing and has 57 batting :p Also have a decent keeper, 19 years old, 63 batting, spin and swing strength, 65 keeping.

And Callum, how should we do training straight away?

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
You guys are all machines, I can't imagine playing 3 strategic games at a time! :p Heck, not even two! FTP ftw! :p

Users who are viewing this thread