Cricket Grounds

cjackson11

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
thanks for the comments. just a little update just been adding more detail to the stands, the Basin reserve is New Zealands home for test match cricket,

and jsut one more

Attachments

• beta test.jpg
    beta test.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCF001620050322154600.jpg
    DSCF001620050322154600.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 5320050217092207.jpg
    5320050217092207.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 175
  • members stand.jpg
    members stand.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 170

cjackson11

Club Cricketer
ok so ignore the ground textures its just showing a rough outline of where the grass embankments are. I was wondering is there anyone who could help with low res trees, how to make them.

Attachments

• aerial shot basin.jpg
    aerial shot basin.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 175

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Create a new plane, edit it to a good enough height. Get a tree texture (with transparent background), and then use alpha, (if you know how, if not look up some tutorials, in 3DS Max you use channels I think). It's what I used for about 30% of Lord's.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What you have done so far looks good. I hope you manage to finish it and send it to Snelly so I can see what it looks like in the game.

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
you guys need any more shots of any of the stadiums? would you want screen shots from the ea cricket/rugby games to get the stadiums? i can do that for ya if you like. i would love to be able to help, if there is some tutorial on how to create a stadium in 3d studio max ill help anyway i can :)

Brett_Lee

International Coach
CJ, that is a superb effort. Keep it up mate.

Thats great!

cjackson11

Club Cricketer
hondeyho said:
Create a new plane, edit it to a good enough height. Get a tree texture (with transparent background), and then use alpha, (if you know how, if not look up some tutorials, in 3DS Max you use channels I think). It's what I used for about 30% of Lord's.

thanks for that hondeyho , your work is fantastic. Yeah i thought that would be the case, havent yet used alphachannels yet , il have to do a test on it.
yeah im using 3ds max 8, i know legend said he is using 7 so i hope all is compatible.

woosaah said:
you guys need any more shots of any of the stadiums? would you want screen shots from the ea cricket/rugby games to get the stadiums? i can do that for ya if you like. i would love to be able to help, if there is some tutorial on how to create a stadium in 3d studio max ill help anyway i can :)

Thanks for the offer. i have rugby 06 and will use it for the other stadiums , but hey if you live anywhere near a stadium especially mclean park in napier would be a big help as i now live in melbourne.
Mate if you want to learn how to use max you just got to use it make some basic stuff first , 3dbuzz.com has useful videos, i have been using max foe about 4 months and know bugger all but give it a go.

thanks everyone for there supportive comments i too want to see my stadiums in the game. I work during the day and when i can i will try work on things , my girlfriend needs time too.

cheers guys , go the black caps and ross taylor

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
hondeyho said:
I too have looked and looked and the best that I've found is this:

http://flickr.com/photos/28048491@N00/155168146/

But it's still not good enough :(
That one looks good to me, here is a gallery of some recent photos: http://www.mcg.org.au/default.asp?pg=redevelopmentgallery look around I like this one a lot:
00000513-image.jpg
not above but good for recent pictures that will help you out with the rest if you need.

cjackson11

Club Cricketer
ok update on the basin reserve , is legend has a copy of it and likes the progress so far. i Probably will texture it in 2 weeks time when i return but will be taking my laptop to continue modeling, i spent about 5 mins on a experiment on the westpac stadium wellington tonight and looks like the model will be really straight forward so should have that completed this weekend, the screen shots are only test models.

Attachments

• cake tin.jpg
    cake tin.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 95
  • west pac.jpg
    west pac.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 94

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Nice westpac stadium mate excellent. Remeber to put on the roof Westpac TRust Stadium :p

manee

Chairman of Selectors
cjackson11 said:
ok update on the basin reserve , is legend has a copy of it and likes the progress so far. i Probably will texture it in 2 weeks time when i return but will be taking my laptop to continue modeling, i spent about 5 mins on a experiment on the westpac stadium wellington tonight and looks like the model will be really straight forward so should have that completed this weekend, the screen shots are only test models.

Those stadiums are amazing, are you an artist? Or just gifted at this sort of thing. These are at the graphical levels of Codemasters, and it seems you do not have half their resources.

Users who are viewing this thread