Cricket Leaks

kasabian21

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who really cares what the menu and/or background looks like? You'll spend perhaps 1% of your time on the menu...or will people not bother playing and just stare at the menu instead? Get a grip. As long as the gameplay and features are up to scratch I genuinely wouldn't care if there was a massive horse sh1t as the background and pink, comic sans size 72 text for the menu buttons.

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
Who really cares what the menu and/or background looks like?

We do mate.. we care about everything that's in this great game :yes .. you can ask Ross about how much...and even if our care changes nuthin of this game that just makes it greater..

You'll spend perhaps 1% of your time on the menu...

Guessing by the attention and love this game's already got,
even that 1% might be hours after a day of playin,.. just think how long a play hour of 100% will be then... :p

As long as the gameplay and features are up to scratch I genuinely wouldn't care if there was a massive horse sh1t as the background and pink, comic sans size 72 text for the menu buttons.

You must knw about the "A**** 13" comin.. This other title probably promises all that 'from-scratch' and massive horse sh1t menu features you ask for. :thumbs .i don't know for sure, no-one has been able to make them speak abt their details, gameplay videos/screenies/menu backgrounds are far away for them...
Maybe you can P.M them and ask for some light on our behalf please?.. i can't bear contacting them...:facepalm

Last edited:

kasabian21

International Coach
We do mate.. we care about everything that's in this great game :yes .. you can ask Ross about how much...and even if our care changes nuthin of this game that just makes it greater..

Guessing by the attention and love this game's already got,
even that 1% might be hours after a day of playin,.. just think how long a play hour of 100% will be then... :p

U must knw about the "A**** 13" comin.. This other title probably promises all that 'from-scratch' and massive horse sh1t menu features u ask for. :thumbs .i don't know for sure, no-one has been able to make them speak abt their details, gameplay videos/screenies/menu backgrounds are far away for them...
Maybe U can P.M them and ask for some light on our behalf please?.. i can't bear contacting them...:facepalm

I didn't ask for them, I simply stated I couldn't care less what they are - and for clarification (as you seemed to miss this fact in your asinine response to my comment re: horse sh1t), I was simply referring to the aesthetics of them, not anything beyond that.

It really doesn't make any sense to me. It's akin to complaining if a book/dvd cover is not to your liking even if the content is great. Complaining about food packaging even if the food is to your liking. They really are pretty insignificant, superficial things that have no bearing upon the game itself.

Will they stop you from buying the game? No. Will they have any kind of actual impact on your enjoyment of the game? No.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Who really cares what the menu and/or background looks like? You'll spend perhaps 1% of your time on the menu...or will people not bother playing and just stare at the menu instead? Get a grip. As long as the gameplay and features are up to scratch I genuinely wouldn't care if there was a massive horse sh1t as the background and pink, comic sans size 72 text for the menu buttons.

Well i guess , Given the fact that i will be working on CA in the menus for a long time, i do care about the menus and whether they are aesthetically pleasing or not. It is something that might not bother you but it does me and it needs to look professional and visually appealing enough to give a good impression like a cd/dvd cover. It was ross who mentioned ea sports spends more money on the menus than some of the games big ant made before. So i hardly think it is that unimportant.

Last edited:

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
I didn't ask for them, I simply stated I couldn't care less what they are - and for clarification (as you seemed to miss this fact in your asinine response to my comment re: horse sh1t), I was simply referring to the aesthetics of them, not anything beyond that.

It really doesn't make any sense to me. It's akin to complaining if a book/dvd cover is not to your liking even if the content is great. Complaining about food packaging even if the food is to your liking. They really are pretty insignificant, superficial things that have no bearing upon the game itself.

Will they stop you from buying the game? No. Will they have any kind of actual impact on your enjoyment of the game? No.

In my asinine response i also stayed pretty clear tht i was in no way telling you had a problem, but was saying how us the fans and other seniors were pissed off by what the other title did to us, please reread the last para and realize that i was criticizing them, not your choice,.. it's getting pretty old matter now but your post just reminded me of the frustration... So, unless you work for trickster you don't have anything against you mate...

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Your and You have Y's and O's in them... treat yourself to a U if you need to as well... please find the relevant keys on your keyboard, ta!

This guy gets it.

The best menus are simple, easy to navigate and as easy on the eye as possible. Nobody needs some complicated graphics-heavy menu forcing us into some pre-game coma of lights and flashing images. Look at the best games out there and their menus are simple, clean and organic. The DBC14 is perfectly functional and is no need of improvement. Spend your resourcing on getting the game right, not what it looks like. Rather have smart AI that declares giving me a shot at winning the test than an AI that bats for 3 days putting on 600... but I get to look at a cool menu page.

EDIT: Yeah, seriously the menu is fine. Can't believe we're even having this discussion...

Last edited:

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
Your and You have Y's and O's in them... treat yourself to a U if you need to as well... please find the relevant keys on your keyboard, ta!

:( i take that you mean that? oh no, :eek: since when did i start missing the relevant keys? just after i started missing them i guess... :p

Rather have smart AI that declares giving me a shot at winning the test than an AI that bats for 3 days putting on 600... but I get to look at a cool menu page.

We all very happy 'bout this game Cap'n... But discussing is fine,, as that's the most we do until we get our hands on the game.. it's all personal views on the menu.. and maybe quite relevant to the thread too... and about patching or graphics or mods or layouts, we all have sumthing to do and we talk about it.. talking about Smart AIs shall start in a few weeks maybe?

Can't believe we're even having this discussion...

you can believe very few over here :D .. With all respect, you can still believe in us :p ... we talk sh1t at times.. relevant but sh1t :D ...

Last edited:

007avenger007

Club Captain

This guy gets it.

The best menus are simple, easy to navigate and as easy on the eye as possible. Nobody needs some complicated graphics-heavy menu forcing us into some pre-game coma of lights and flashing images. Look at the best games out there and their menus are simple, clean and organic. The DBC14 is perfectly functional and is no need of improvement. Spend your resourcing on getting the game right, not what it looks like. Rather have smart AI that declares giving me a shot at winning the test than an AI that bats for 3 days putting on 600... but I get to look at a cool menu page.

EDIT: Yeah, seriously the menu is fine. Can't believe we're even having this discussion...

Everyone has their own opinion... Just like you and I do... but unlike kasabian21, i don't get offensive if somebody doesn't share mine... I don't think intisar's comments were asinine at all... in my view, he was right... after hours of playing the game the menu would start to become, "unsettling"... but that's just me... i don't get defensive or offensive if someone else opposes my views...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Nobodies being offensive. Grow up.

Text speak should and will get deleted... I'm simply reminding you that if you can type "u" you can also add the Y and the O so you're taken more seriously.

The menu is just fine, storm in a teacup.

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
Text speak should and will get deleted... I'm simply reminding you that if you can type "u" you can also add the Y and the O so you're taken more seriously.

I agree.. But that's what facebook did to me :p .. typing and chatting there rightfully has their costs.. just like i had to pay off my Y's and O's to fb.. whatever Biggs, will try and fix them over some time...

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Nobodies being offensive. Grow up.

The menu is just fine, storm in a teacup.

Nobody's ;) :D

007avenger007

Club Captain
Biggs,
-_- huh, I never said "u" were being offensive...Ii was referring to kasabian21...
Although it's ironic how "u" got so defensive when "u" thought I called "u" out.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I was defending Kasabian, nothing to do with me. Build a bridge...

Users who are viewing this thread