MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've had a quick poke at the files that the CR Demo came with, and presumably some other people have done so as well. Use this thread to report your findings.

Perhaps the final game will have some major differences, but hopefully this will give us some head start.

To start off with, \system\data\game\dfp.cd looks like it is the basis for the roster. Changing the names back to real ones looks very simple, though I suspect it will take a bit of effort figuring out all the values after that. Looks like they are just dummy numbers for most of them at the moment, as they are all the same.

Sounds are just plain OGG files (ie OGG Vorbis) which are unencrypted in any way. Looks like you can just swap those out without any effort.

\system\client\images.cr looks to be a custom archive format, but looks like a fairly simple one. Before my hex editor crashed I found a png file name, so it looks like it is just a file containing a bunch of PNG images, or references to where they are (there is a list at the bottom of the files). So someone with some slight skills at doing so should easily be able to decode them.

Other file formats mentioned are dsq/dts files, which is an animation format.

As well there are 'cs.dso' files that seem to be for scripting, also referenced by some of those .cr files.

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
\system\client\images.cr looks to be a custom archive format, but looks like a fairly simple one. Before my hex editor crashed I found a png file name, so it looks like it is just a file containing a bunch of PNG images, or references to where they are (there is a list at the bottom of the files). So someone with some slight skills at doing so should easily be able to decode them.
Well they are simple encrypted zip-rar archives.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well they are simple encrypted zip-rar archives.
Yeah, they just opened instantly in 7zip (seemed a little too simple to try that first up). They ask for a password if you try to extract, but I'd imagine that isn't a huge hurdle compared to some of the efforts people have gone to editing games.

Looks like CR is editing friendly, so there's a plus.

Hitterman

International Coach
Yeah, they just opened instantly in 7zip (seemed a little too simple to try that first up). They ask for a password if you try to extract, but I'd imagine that isn't a huge hurdle compared to some of the efforts people have gone to editing games.

Looks like CR is editing friendly, so there's a plus.
Its really very easy. Though the CR archives ask for password but I know it can be skipped. For eme, the file headers of these archives are looking like ZIP. I don't know about DEMO as I have BETA and BETA is really editable.

Hitterman added 5 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Hence, I have a feeling that this game may overtake Ashes Cricket as it will allow patch makers to be more creative.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
If the end product is anything similar to beta game then rest assured, you guys will have field day editing this game. :banana2

deathrevenge9

International Coach
Tell me that can we edit the game??

DeathRevenge9275714.jpg

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
If the end product is anything similar to beta game then rest assured, you guys will have field day editing this game. :banana2

But it is a MMO,so every one need the same version to play online.i dont know how the texture editing will effect the online,but still it is a matter of concern .

Users who are viewing this thread