Cricket Revolution Review

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
A
Ever wondered what its like to slam a six onto the head of a pharaoh's statue?
No.

No interest in finding out either. I know there are no licences for this game but just generic looking stadia would have been far preferable to stadiums from The Crystal Maze.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
People think because it's arcadey it's going to be bug ridden and all that. We have never really experienced a well made arcade game and it looks like fun.

Hitterman

International Coach
People think because it's arcadey it's going to be bug ridden and all that. We have never really experienced a well made arcade game and it looks like fun.
If we will look at the features of Cricket Life (as claimed by Gamebience), the game sounds to be a lot better than EA's older cricket but we don't know the reality yet.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
This year is full of cricket games. Many Cricket games are coming this year according to interviews like AC2009, Cricket Life 1, Cricket Revolution and hopefully EA Cricket 09 too.

Don't forget Cricket Coach 09 ;).

This game actually looks quite fun for online. Playing other people sounds good and the arcade bit appeals to me. For an online cricket game, the only way to go about it is arcadey.

coolz_hari

International Coach
Just now i played ea sports cricket 2002. By seeing that cricket revolution trailer i feel it is an update of Ea cricket 2002 with better graphics.
If it is then it will be great game.

coolz_hari

International Coach
Come on guys get some information regarding this game. Specially staff can do that.They can contact them & ask what happend to this game

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Read my review till then. ;)

This thread needs change in title.

GoHoady

School Cricketer
My Little Review

That's a good review by scion sid. I have downloaded it from Steam and played for the last few days. I'm no great fan of commentary and super graphics, so I don't mark the game down for that, but in all other respects, I think the 7/10 is fair.

My observations:
1) The keypad is a nuisance. By default, you operate the batsman with the right hand and the bowler with the left hand, and the setup doesn't allow you to reuse keys in the different modes. Cricket games for the PC are normally keyboard intensive, so it's frustrating that you have to reach for the mouse or esc key between overs.
2) I've found online unplayable - but the gameplay for Single player is good.
3) scion sid makes the comment that it is best suited for test play. I assume that is because of the rewards from developing a player throughout the course of an innings. You really don't get much chance to develop partnerships, unless you play the 50 overs version. Because of observation 1), that is a long process - they need to redo the keyboard/keypad ergonomics to make the game move faster.

But I shouldn't overlook the positives, because overall, I really like this game.
My favorite cricket game of all-time was EA Sports Cricket 97, but this comes close. I think the the shot options play really well - I like the realism in the timing and shot direction. My bowling is shocking, but it feels like it would be rewarding if you play over time. At USD25, it's pretty good value.

Users who are viewing this thread