MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Time has come for the finals of the Cricket World Cup, and with it comes the finals series!

And this time around we've got a prize to give away -

cwc-fc.jpg
The winner and one randomly selected entrant will receive a downloadable copy of Big Ant Studios' new Table Top Cricket game on Steam (for Windows PCs).

In addition the winner will receive 1000x their score in vCash, and the 2nd and 3rd place finishers will get 200x and 100x respectively.

It's worth spending that extra bit of time to make sure that you've got the best team, and to keep options open for your substitutions so you keep momentum after the quarter finals. You have until just before the first final starts on Wednesday March 18th to enter your team, don't miss out!

See more here: http://www.planetcricket.org/fantasy-cricket/match.php?id=15

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After reading your post Matt, I really thought for a while for selecting the players and I have my best players on the list. If I even don't win the First Prizer, I hope to be the random person to get he cop.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I should add, on the off chance I or another staff member of the site wins or is randomly selected, the prize would go to the next placed finisher/redrawn.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I should add, on the off chance I or another staff member of the site wins or is randomly selected, the prize would go to the next placed finisher/redrawn.
That means the red and blue guys won't win the game, right?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
That means the red and blue guys won't win the game, right?
Yeah, they would get the points from the win and be on the table as a winner and get the vCash, but the copy of TableTop Cricket would go to the top non-staff finisher.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
What will I do with TTC copy when I already have one. :p

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
What will I do with TTC copy when I already have one. :p
don't submit your team or don't take the price if you win or your are randomly selected and I'm not then give it to me.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
don't submit your team or don't take the price if you win or your are randomly selected and I'm not then give it to me.

*dont submit your team - I already did.
*don't take the prize - I always take prizes
*you are randomly selected - why would I get randomly selected when I am winning it.
*give it to me - I dont know you , why should I give it to you. I will give it to a deserving person.

:p

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
*dont submit your team - I already did.
*don't take the prize - I always take prizes
*you are randomly selected - why would I get randomly selected when I am winning it.
*give it to me - I dont know you , why should I give it to you. I will give it to a deserving person.

:p
That means you are not my friend sorry I thought yo are.:(

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Signed up!Dont want anything more than free copy of TTC.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@MattW How the substitution of players will work? Can we substitute player for each match?
Only reserve players can be use for substitution?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW How the substitution of players will work? Can we substitute player for each match?
Only reserve players can be use for substitution?
You can make three substitutions in total across the whole competition - with the changes able to be made between each match (after they have been scored).

Only the players you chose as reserves can be substituted in, and you have to replace players with those of the same type - so I suggest choosing at least one batsman, bowler and wicket keeper as reserves.

In addition:
Substitutions:
When a player is substituted, they will earn no further points in the game, with your substitute's points used from the round after you made the change.

If you replace a bonus player or captain, the new player will not get those bonuses.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You can make three substitutions in total across the whole competition - with the changes able to be made between each match (after they have been scored).

Only the players you chose as reserves can be substituted in, and you have to replace players with those of the same type - so I suggest choosing at least one batsman, bowler and wicket keeper as reserves.

In addition:
ok so it means that ideally we should select our captain and bonus players which we do not want to substitute in the whole tournament otherwise we'll loose a bonus player?
also I can substitute a player at any stage during the tournament? or there are some rules to it like we can only substitute injured players or the players which are not appearing in the final XI of a match?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
ok so it means that ideally we should select our captain and bonus players which we do not want to substitute in the whole tournament otherwise we'll loose a bonus player?
Yes, though there's always the chance that a player you substitute might perform better despite not having the bonus.

Obviously the key selection for this game would be which teams will make the semi-final and final. I imagine the user leading at the end of the quarter finals won't be the same one who wins it.

also I can substitute a player at any stage during the tournament? or there are some rules to it like we can only substitute injured players or the players which are not appearing in the final XI of a match?
No restrictions beyond the 3 substitution overall limit, requirement to swap players that are of the same type (batsman/bowler/keeper) and that you can only make team changes between matches.

Users who are viewing this thread