Criggit - New cricket simulator coming to Windows

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Have no idea how hard it will be to add this, but batsmen having an aggression trait that they bat on by default would be really cool. Would definitely add to the realism, right now you have to manually control the aggression per over right?

tglover

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Have no idea how hard it will be to add this, but batsmen having an aggression trait that they bat on by default would be really cool. Would definitely add to the realism, right now you have to manually control the aggression per over right?
This is actually really easy to do, I just haven't gotten there yet because it took so long to get the match engine working right. There are two or more approaches I could take:

1. Add a data point to our team files (say PlayerBatAgg) and just make it on a small scale where there are 3 to 5 choices for aggression. This is then permanently attached to the batsman regardless of match situation.
2. Change the batting aggression in the game so that instead of it being applied to the batting pair / team it is done on an individual level. So each batsman can have their own aggression.
3. Combination of both where the individual aggression (PlayerBatAgg) in the data file is simply the default personal setting. So let's take Glenn Maxwell who has a setting of 4 or 5 (the highest), when they come into bat their personal aggression is set really high by default but it can be adjusted in the game. i.e. Glenn Maxwell CAN become defensive, for example, if the team needs him to be.
Post automatically merged:

Also if you add ratings for Strike rate and Economy than it will be great...
Hmm I might need to think more about this one - I designed BowlSkill so that we didn't really need these. BowlSkill is sort of a combination of everything. You'll see what I mean when you try it out.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is very, very promising stuff. I’d sign up for testing it all out if I was more regular.

One feature request from me would be to alter the number of overs if you want to for custom formats with a parameter for setting what run-rates and wicket chances are likely to be (I assume all of the latter can still be done with just player skills and aggression) for particularly selfish reasons. :spy

Users who are viewing this thread