Dancing down the Track

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Am curious to know, how easy everyone feels about “dancing down the track” against seamers and spinners to play ball either aerial or along the ground in Ashes Cricket ?

Is it more of premeditated shot or an reactive shot after seeing a line and length ?

I feel in DBC14 the controls (off course classic) was easier to do this after seeing the line and length. In Ashes R3 & shot making controls I feel is little too much to control to play after seeing and line and length.

Some suggestion to play this shot from experts can be helpful.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Am curious to know, how easy everyone feels about “dancing down the track” against seamers and spinners to play ball either aerial or along the ground in Ashes Cricket ?

Is it more of premeditated shot or an reactive shot after seeing a line and length ?

I feel in DBC14 the controls (off course classic) was easier to do this after seeing the line and length. In Ashes R3 & shot making controls I feel is little too much to control to play after seeing and line and length.

Some suggestion to play this shot from experts can be helpful.
I don't even consider this as an option on the game, which is a shame cause I used to love doing it in real life. There's just too much button pressing needed to make it worth while, I'd sooner just use the lofted shot.

I'd prefer to see it as a front foot unorthodox shot - holding down that button during bowler run up or something similar.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
[QUOTE="wasteyouryouth, post: 3231033, member: 141699]

I'd prefer to see it as a front foot unorthodox shot - holding down that button during bowler run up or something similar.[/QUOTE]
It was that in DBC14 I guess - R2+L2+LS & RS forward

D

Deleted member 185125

i have never attempted this apart from the training mode. The R3 button makes it difficult to make changes once selected. Would have loved it if it can be triggered with any of the shoulder buttons.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This is definitely something which I try to do after settling down at the crease..Mainly getting used to the pace and bounce of the pitch..

Pat

International Coach
I think this shot was a little overpowered in DBC17 and in Ashes it has become nearly useless. I haven't yet sweetly timed one off Fast/Fast Medium bowlers. I remember in DBC17, I used to dance down the track and then hit the ball based on the line of the delivery - I would either smash it down the ground or pull or cut it after advancing down. Not sure if this is possible to do in Ashes. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Dmayne

School Cricketer
I personally find this shot overpowered. I'm able to walk out and first ball, hit a 120m six

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
This shot was OP in DBC 17, still works fairly well for me in ashes cricket, but anybody know how to do an aggressive ground shot with standard controls? Every advanced shot goes aerial but i want to play along the ground while advancing.

SlogSweep_Tez

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
This shot was OP in DBC 17, still works fairly well for me in ashes cricket, but anybody know how to do an aggressive ground shot with standard controls? Every advanced shot goes aerial but i want to play along the ground while advancing.

L1 Grounded shots (in standard controls)

My favorite shot is combining all 3.....R3 advanced shot at ball release then L1 (Ground) and Aggressive shot

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
L1 Grounded shots (in standard controls)

My favorite shot is combining all 3.....R3 advanced shot at ball release then L1 (Ground) and Aggressive shot
Yes, I loved that shot in DBC 14 and 17, fetched me lots of runs.

D

Dutch

Has to be my favourite Springsteen number

“You cant score a centrury
Cant score a century in the park
Cant score a century
We’re just dancing down the track”

Alec

School Cricketer
This shot is still way overpowered in this game. Probably even more so than in DBC17 for me. Spin bowlers mostly bowl good length, wait til the ball reaches max height, advance and hit the ball back over the bowler's head. Gets you a six like 95% of the time. In fact, it's way too easy to hit sixes in general. I turned show power down to 40...prob needs to go much lower still.

D

Deleted member 185125

The animations for these shots looks pretty weak in comparison with the other mo-capped animation.

Users who are viewing this thread