Dark Souls - Anyone?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, I'll be buying it again :D

Will hopefully fix the only current issues with the game (framerate issues in Blightown). Also the only ever game I've hoped they'd release some DLC for. Just more stuff to kill please.

@ Iri -

Ooo deprived is probably the hardest character you could have started with. Still haven't done a deprived playthrough yet (as in one where I only use a wooden shield and club and no armour). Too busy making various SL invaders now hehe

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Mask of the mother.
Giant's Armour + 5 / Crimson Waistcloth + 5
Tattered Cloth Manchette + 10
Maiden Skirt + 10.

Lightning Uchigatana + 5
Silver Knight Shield + 5
Ascended Pyromancer Glove + 5 w/ Great Fireball and Great Combustion.
Canvas Talisman w/ Heal.
Oolacile Catalyst w/ Chameleon.

Poifect :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Is there a way to play in first person? The thing about third person games is they always make me feel a bit removed from the action. The Batman games were a bit of an exception - simply because the games let you be Batman and the combat simply wouldn't work in first person view.

Still, sounds like a great game, might give it a look. :)

----------

Awesome stuff from namco, they listen to fans. Petition Attrition: Dark Souls Confirmed For PC | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Try that for a change EA and maybe just maybe you wont be rated as the worst company in US. :facepalm

Shame there aren't similar petitions for WWE games and Fight Night.

Edit: How long is Dark Souls?

This sounds unique, very clever and downright awesome!

Like Demon's Souls, Dark Souls possesses a number of incredible online features that make you feel like one node on a giant web of identical worlds. You see the ghosts of other players on your travels, and they are less transparent the closer you are to a bonfire. These players don't exist in your world, but are more like echoes from a parallel kingdom that resonate with your own. You also encounter bloodstains that mark the deaths of other players; by activating one, you watch the player's ghost reenact the final seconds before death. These aren't just neat features that impart a sense of community, though they certainly do that. They also let players serve as silent, inadvertent guides to each other. By both living and dying, you might be another's quiet savior.

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Well you can probably complete it in 50 hours fairly comfortably, but I've got 10 full character slots and each one has a minimum of about 30 hours on and the main ones have closer to 50-100 :p Bare in mind though, that when you finish the last boss, the game starts again, puts you back at the start, relocks all doors and increases the difficulty by 40% :) Then each time after that by a further 8% To platinum the game for example, you'll need to get to at least NG++ to collect a certain bosses soul 3 times to make the 3 weapons their soul makes. I normally create co-op or invasions chars which means racing to a certain point in the game where you get the ability to warp from place to place and can therefore meet people just about anywhere to help them. I also obviously spend quite a bit of time stood around with CM open on my laptop waiting to be summoned or for an invasion to trigger for some multiplayer :p

No 1st person unless you're using the zoom on a bow :)

You wouldn't really want 1st person, as it's fairly important to know where your character is in terms of taking damage.

It is still the greatest game I've played, and still the only game I pretty much play :p

If anyone gets it on PS3, I'd be more than happy to try and Co-op it with them, and even arrange to meet at certain parts in the game to give them a nice big item drop of upgraded loot and boss souls to save them hours of grinding... Grinding in this game isn't really like in other games though, since the combat is so satisfying that I find myself doing certain areas over and over just for the fun of slaughtering the enemies each time as efficiently as possible whilst waiting to be summoned into other people's games to help them :)

Got a few different builds I'm using at the moment.

Currently loving my magic/dex character. Due to now being pretty darn good at the game, I've sacrificed some health for more damage and stopped using a really powerful ring a lot of people use as I now have more options for those 2 slots :)

Will get it on PC when it comes out as well, so be up for trying to co-op on that as well if people are up for it.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
50 hours, eh? That's good value for money. :) Did a quick search for a PC Demo, no sign as yet.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Nah, no chance. Don't think it even releases until October/September :p

----------

Oh and this is me and a guy doing a bit of the early game in co-op -

Dark Souls - PvP n CoOp - The Depths and Quelaag in NG+ - YouTube

----------

I'm the one he summons.

----------

This is the first actual areas between the two of us as well. First 3 mins is him doing some PvP waiting for me to appear :p

Dark Souls - PvP n CoOp - Undead Burg NG+ - YouTube

Blimey - October's going to be a busy time! Xcom Enemy Unknown, Fifa 13, F1 2012 and Dark Souls as well; I'm sure there will be more. :)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Just checked 24th August actually :)

Me and that guy are playing on the second playthrough, where you start again with harder enemies but you keep all your gear and character stats.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
yeh but if it's still a good game i'd want to play it, plus it'd be available for a lot cheaper, and if i don't like it i won't be wasting more money on dark souls

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Still love this game. Me and my mate are now on to the third playthrough on his character with mine waiting at the end of the 2nd ready to join him when we get him to the end of the 3rd playthrough :)

Made a new intelligence/dexterity character too. Love it.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Dark Souls gets released on PC this weekend I think... Prepare to Die

Users who are viewing this thread