DBC 17 Broadcast camera angle

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Read this morning on BA's FB update that broadcast cam has been revamped. Any information PC guys? How does it perform?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Read this morning on BA's FB update that broadcast cam has been revamped. Any information PC guys? How does it perform?

with todays patch the previous original camera has been restored & also yesterday's new camera has been corrected to a great extent...

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
so broadcast camera fixed?

issue

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Also wondering about this. Had people telling me in the main steam patches thread that the original was better?
Its fixed FYI...thanks

Toecrusher

Club Captain
What puts me is off is that on most front on camera angles, the camera angle changes just at the very moment the ball and bat make contact. Not only does this destroy the immersion, you don't get to see the satisfaction of playing the shot in full.

The only combo which maintains the ball bat contact as a steady visual is Bowling Far (as Bowling Cam) and Fielding 1 (as fielding Cam). Every other combo there is a jarring change of scene at the moment of contact. The issue with this combo though is that when the ball is hit near the straight boundaries, it zooms in so much to the ball so as to lose all perspective.

Any chance of BA changing this?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
What puts me is off is that on most front on camera angles, the camera angle changes just at the very moment the ball and bat make contact. Not only does this destroy the immersion, you don't get to see the satisfaction of playing the shot in full.

The only combo which maintains the ball bat contact as a steady visual is Bowling Far (as Bowling Cam) and Fielding 1 (as fielding Cam). Every other combo there is a jarring change of scene at the moment of contact. The issue with this combo though is that when the ball is hit near the straight boundaries, it zooms in so much to the ball so as to lose all perspective.

Any chance of BA changing this?

I absolutely second this...

Broadcast camera 1 (batting ) + Broadcast camera 2 (running) has the potential to become a real TV broadcast camera, but the perpendicular excessive zooming in on the ball totally spoils it...

I hope they can fix it without much of a hassle...(I dont know if this can be in the priority list of BA)

cricfan90

School Cricketer
The broadcast cameras are not available in training mode under Batting Camera. Can anyone confirm it?

Since am new to DBC, I can't practice batting with them. Do we have this option in DBC 14?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
True that

Broadcast camera is missing in the practice modes...

Have raised it several times...

Hope they fix it in the next update...

cricfan90

School Cricketer
I updated in the bug reporting thread. I can't believe you have the camera available in the game but not just in training mode. How difficult would it be to add that? @MattW - Lack of this simple feature ruins the total experience for me. Appreciate all the work done so far in other areas.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@cricfan90 @sdt16 fair enough the camera should be in the training mode, but is it really needed? Why can't you practice batting in a casual game, that way you get proper variation aswell

cricfan90

School Cricketer
@cricfan90 @sdt16 fair enough the camera should be in the training mode, but is it really needed? Why can't you practice batting in a casual game, that way you get proper variation aswell

If you want to just practice batting for bouncers or fullish deliveries to perfect your skill, playing a casual game will not make much sense. You can also use markers in training mode and for specific delivery types. Also, adding an existing camera is not difficult based on my knowledge .. Maybe, there's a reason why BA chose not to include broadcast cameras in training mode. Unless BA comments, we will never know.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If you want to just practice batting for bouncers or fullish deliveries to perfect your skill, playing a casual game will not make much sense. You can also use markers in training mode and for specific delivery types. Also, adding an existing camera is not difficult based on my knowledge .. Maybe, there's a reason why BA chose not to include broadcast cameras in training mode. Unless BA comments, we will never know.
Its not really game breaking though is it...

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
If it isnt that difficult to include it then why not include it...

Its a different satisfaction to bat in the nets / open ground with while facing custom deliveries

Users who are viewing this thread