DBC 17 Review An Honest Opinion.

D

Dutch

Dutch, that was 3 years ago and BA SHOULD have learned from their mistakes. They've done the exact same thing again. Released an incomplete product. The backlash they are getting is fully deserved this time. You only get a free ride once.
I havent played the game myself yet so cant form a judgement on that but understand that people are having major issues and frustrations. I just hope that in that frustration we dont destroy the only viable road we have to get a prolonged development of a cricket game. Yes there should be feedback of what is wrong and right about the game but the aggressive nature and herd mentality some are showing is really not helpful. There needs to be a balance and at the moment this place is totally toxic....

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
QA testing from Tru Blu historically has been below par at best - but DBC17 not only suffers from this but also "lets bung it out for xmas sales" syndrome, and we pretty much have an incomplete product. its broken. the academy causes crashes

In the latest rugby league live there was a career mode corrupt ending mega freeze bug if your match finished a draw after golden point. if this happened your career could never be accessed again. period. it was suggested if you had a draw after golden point to turn off the console right then and there so save your career. reminds me of the suggestion to quit the match if your batsmens gets caught at the non strikers end.

things like this should never reach the shelf unless its a $3.95 mobile device game

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I havent played the game myself yet so cant form a judgement on that but understand that people are having major issues and frustrations. I just hope that in that frustration we dont destroy the only viable road we have to get a prolonged development of a cricket game. Yes there should be feedback of what is wrong and right about the game but the aggressive nature and herd mentality some are showing is really not helpful. There needs to be a balance and at the moment this place is totally toxic....

Agreed but thats to be expected as the game has only been out a day or two (officially) so you can't stop the frustrations being expressed. What we need is some sort of clear communication from the BA team to acknowledge the frustrations and, more importantly, a timeline of when we can expect some of these issues/frustrations to be fixed. Thats what happened last time with the patches being rushed out.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@Dutch Most folks here (older members especially) understand and appreciate our predicament as a cricket game loving community. We absolutely cherish BA for ending the drought three years back with the best cricket game ever made. Having said that we had naturally developed high expectations from Ross and co. They listen what their customers have to say. Batting modifier and stadium creator is a testament to this fact.
When I first could actually bat without premeditation, I was over the moon. If this modifier was in DBC 14, I would be still playing it today. However lack of 360 control, slack AI fielding, and Superhuman keeping have marginalised the entertainment value of the game. It doesn't mean BA have lost my respect or anything. I know they will bounce back and everything will be rectified but a lot of new guys will probably be very disappointed which may hurt our favorite developers in the long run.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
For the record though I'm only expressing my disappointment with the version of DB that we got. I will still support them however I also think it's unacceptable to release something that's nowhere near 95% complete and checked. Too much focus on the non essentials (stadium designer etc) and not enough focus on the essentials (gameplay).

But good post above.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You on PC? I thought you were playing already!

Users who are viewing this thread