DBC 17 Review An Honest Opinion.

simran3

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys this is my first time posting a review on this website, i want to be honest so as to give a clear picture from my point of view of the good and the cons of DBC 17. Please remember it is my opinion and kindly read it from that point of view.

What I love about the game:-

The vide variety of customization, which is available from Bats to Stadiums and a good attempt of creating depth to career journey.

I started my career as a all-rounder, an opening Bat and a fast bowler. I really like the new bowling options, they are quite detailed and you get use to them in a few games. The atmosphere is also great. The commentary is much better from the demo and more spot on.

There is a screen showing attributes of my player, but i don't know how it can be influenced to increase these attributes like stamina, fitness etc.

The graphics are more detailed and the motion of the player is more fluid than DBC 14. The sounds are pretty good as well.

The Game play:- In general the game play is good, but it needs to be brought up to the level of DBC 14, Yes i am saying the state of the game at the moment is worse of than DBC 14 in game play. Specifically the batting is not 360 Degrees of goodness. What i am saying is that DBC 17 is like a Ferrari but with a flat tyre, you know its awesome but you still need to change the tyre.

The Ai fielders keep throwing the ball at the stumps as if they are going to win the lotto by hitting the stumps. This leads to a lot of overthrows and screws your stats as a bowler.

The Ai keeper needs to be told to relax as he stumps you of normal deliveries, that is playing a front foot drive, miss it and yep you are a cold turkey for Rambo behind the stumps.

Personally i Love the game it is a Ferrari but i am waiting for Big Boss Ross to do what he always does, patch it up. I am a PC gamer but i love my ps4 so i bought the game on it as i love cricket. I have no doubt that DBC 17 has the potential to be an excellent product.

At the moment i am going back to playing Diablo 3 on my PC, which ironically went the same way from a okay game to an awesome one.

I have a lot of Faith in the Power of the Ant. I recommend you guys to buy the game if you love cricket, its not awesome but its not crap either. I have had a total of 2 crashes, but no lag .

Ill be waiting for the Patch, after which i will re-post, till then take it easy guys.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Really good honest review..The best line which sums it up being "What i am saying is that DBC 17 is like a Ferrari but with a flat tyre, you know its awesome but you still need to change the tyre." :thumbs

D

Dutch

I just keep remembering how Dbc 14 was at launch. Felt disjointed somehow but they worked and tweaked and patched until it glued together: in music terms: the mix is good, now the mastering. They will pull through on this. Lets be patient en constructive: this review is a great example.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just keep remembering how Dbc 14 was at launch. Felt disjointed somehow but they worked and tweaked and patched until it glued together: in music terms: the mix is good, now the mastering. They will pull through on this. Lets be patient en constructive: this review is a great example.

No doubt. Ability to see the line & length marker early to help with pre-meditation and addition of gameplay sliders is a gamechanger. It's just that you can't make use of these great features with all the batting issues. But once they are addressed and core gameplay (especially on the batting side) is nailed this game would be cricket gaming fans' dream come true. And I've no doubt Big Ant will figure it out as well given their track record.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

It's funny you should say that, this morning I was randomly looking back at old posts of mine just after the DBC14 launch. You'd be surprised at how similar the sentiments were back then. From where it began to where it ended DBC 14 was like 2 different games, taken to the next level by Franco's hack. From what I can see of 17 it has the fundamentals, I think the demo batting and bowling is pretty tight (cover drive excluded), it just seems to be areas like crashes, menus, silly bugs which need to be rectified.

I think that after a few patches it'll be purring like a kitten. I do feel the frustration of the console peasan....sorry, players though.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
It's funny you should say that, this morning I was randomly looking back at old posts of mine just after the DBC14 launch. You'd be surprised at how similar the sentiments were back then. From where it began to where it ended DBC 14 was like 2 different games, taken to the next level by Franco's hack. From what I can see of 17 it has the fundamentals, I think the demo batting and bowling is pretty tight (cover drive excluded), it just seems to be areas like crashes, menus, silly bugs which need to be rectified.

I think that after a few patches it'll be purring like a kitten. I do feel the frustration of the console peasan....sorry, players though.

Can you also play glance/flick to fine leg/long leg region along with glide/cut to 3rd man area (not Square gully but finer shot to 3rd man)?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
@cricket_online on the batting thread yesterday I posted a screen grab of a glance played with RB, as I said there, you can nurdle with RB or hit in the air with RB and LT. The ball has to be properly on your legs and you have to play it late. I found it easier doing it with a left handed batsman with a bowler bowling over the wicket. The shot definitely is there, whether it should require button presses to play it is a different question. I do think there should be a slightly bigger window to be able to do play it though.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
@cricket_online on the batting thread yesterday I posted a screen grab of a glance played with RB, as I said there, you can nurdle with RB or hit in the air with RB and LT. The ball has to be properly on your legs and you have to play it late. I found it easier doing it with a left handed batsman with a bowler bowling over the wicket. The shot definitely is there, whether it should require button presses to play it is a different question. I do think there should be a slightly bigger window to be able to do play it though.

I tried to follow your suggestion but I either hit a precision shot (wit R1 pressed) to Square Leg or hit a cut shot to Square Gully region... even if the shot is in the game playing it is way too hard. If someone who played DBC 14 extensively for nearly 3 years and spent quite a number of hours on DBC 17 still can't manage to hit even one flick/glance to Fine Leg/Long Leg area, it means something's not quite right.

P.S. - But yeah lack of conventional cover & square drives through cover & cover point regions should've been caught earlier.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I mean I enjoyed my first 20 20 game, both batting and bowling. It was only later reading here and then testing myself the lack of batting directional variation that I came to be rather underwhelmed with this release.

There are literally like four angles you can play a shot at...

When you first get your hands on the game and see "Ball Marker" before the ball is bowled and all these gameplay modifiers, you are over the moon and think the missing shots and batting glitches are part of the learning curve. It's after the first few hours realization dawns on you that the batting has actually regressed and no amount of modifiers & ball markers can make up for it.

The_Pharoah

International Coach

Dutch, that was 3 years ago and BA SHOULD have learned from their mistakes. They've done the exact same thing again. Released an incomplete product. The backlash they are getting is fully deserved this time. You only get a free ride once.

Users who are viewing this thread