DBC14 PC Version Mod Screenshots

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
ok.... the unbeleivable work. the full hd
and the best ever worki i have seen

smowy... do u agree now?

No need to be a snarky little sod. Constructive criticism does not have to be positive/full of praise.

You think it's low quality? Explain why so the creator actually has some direction.

'Low quality works' is useless and can easily be defined as spam

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

smowy... do u agree now?

I agree with Snowy and the others on this one. The reason that constructive feedback helps is so that when (speaking personally) I create and upload content for the community to use, it is of the highest quality possible. I'm not sure if everyone is aware how much time and effort goes into creating just one kit, and if it's not straight forward, hours of work are invested by the creator.

Please remember what is created and uploaded here is for everyones benefit, and by members taking a small amount of time to provide the type of feedback needed, it means that we can all enjoy the benefits of the hard and time consuming work that the various creators so generously give us.

I'll get off my soap box now!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have found before that the vest templates in paticular use a mirror effect for the sleeves, meaning that we are limited to having the same pattern on both sleeves. Problems that you will also find is that on the non-vest/jumper template the lower part of the long sleeve shirt is mirrored to the other side. Unfortunately this means compromises have to be made at the sacrifice of accuracy.

I'm having problems with the 99 World Cup India kit at he moment for the same reason.

Not sure what you mean by the "transperancy issue at the moment? What part of the stripe isn't showing properly?

I suspected there may be a limit in the patterns. It's no biggie it's just a shame the game puts people in vests/jumpers even at 25c!!!

Re transparency, I'll get a shot of it but it's like part of the stripes are 50% opacity.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

smowy... do u agree now?

i'm aware they're not the best logos you'll find on this forum, however given the limitations of the source images - literally 1 image of each, and not a single unobscured image of the england 1990 one - and my own skills (approximately zero) they're the best i can do and i'm happy enough.

i also don't think you'll find better rebel tour logos...

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I suspected there may be a limit in the patterns. It's no biggie it's just a shame the game puts people in vests/jumpers even at 25c!!!

Re transparency, I'll get a shot of it but it's like part of the stripes are 50% opacity.

Please post a shot of this? I am happy to help if I can.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Please post a shot of this? I am happy to help if I can.

this might show it better
lrVKBqu.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1434269405][/DOUBLEPOST]obviously I still need to fix the aussie kit issue (if I can), but a few more WIP shots of my low quality works...

YvcGeSg.png

nc2gZwE.png

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
this might show it better
lrVKBqu.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1434269405][/DOUBLEPOST]obviously I still need to fix the aussie kit issue (if I can), but a few more WIP shots of my low quality works...

YvcGeSg.png

nc2gZwE.png

Ok, I see what you mean.

The Adidas stripes showing the error, is this by chance the kit's 4th colour (Alpha Layer)?

I will modify the kit I uploaded a couple of days ago for you and see if I can recreate the error.

By the way, thanks for the previews!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok, I see what you mean.

The Adidas stripes showing the error, is this by chance the kit's 4th colour (Alpha Layer)?

I will modify the kit I uploaded a couple of days ago for you and see if I can recreate the error.

By the way, thanks for the previews!
It should be the third colour I think... Actually there is no 4th colour (black) on my pattern, could that be the issue?

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
It should be the third colour I think... Actually there is no 4th colour (black) on my pattern, could that be the issue?

I wouldn't think so. If anything it should make it easier to show up properly.

Have you applied the transparent layer on top?

In any case I will have a look at it once I upload a bit of a surprise.

Yesterday my teenage son asked me to make 1990's test kits for all 9 nations with sponsors of the time . That's what I get for letting him watch my 90's era cricket videos!

Should be uploaded in the next hour or so.

Here is a preview of the MCC kit...

England.jpg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I wouldn't think so. If anything it should make it easier to show up properly.

Have you applied the transparent layer on top?

In any case I will have a look at it once I upload a bit of a surprise.

Yesterday my teenage son asked me to make 1990's test kits for all 9 nations with sponsors of the time . That's what I get for letting him watch my 90's era cricket videos!

Should be uploaded in the next hour or so.

Here is a preview of the MCC kit...

View attachment 148433
No there's no transparency layer.

That MCC kit is awesome!

Funny the other day I was considering taking on the MCC George & Dragon logo, and the old ACB logo but decided they're beyond me!

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
No there's no transparency layer.

That MCC kit is awesome!

Funny the other day I was considering taking on the MCC George & Dragon logo, and the old ACB logo but decided they're beyond me!

Try adding a transparency layer over your kit. I always have a transparency layer even on two or three colour kits as I find that colours are less washed out in the game.

This may solve the problem.

I have some examples of those logos saved for future projects. With the MCC logo it needs to be able to have the navy blue logo for the shirt and the white logo for the cap.

Something else to work out, looks like fun...

If I were you, I would have a go at the logos as unless you try you will never know if they are beyond you. Besides, I have found that I have learned much of what I know by simply taking a project on.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@quincy159 i'm fiddling around with it, and it appears that the issue is there is a shape for the 4th colour that goes over the shapes I've added.

i'm not sure how to remove that? it's not on my pattern anywhere...

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
@quincy159 i'm fiddling around with it, and it appears that the issue is there is a shape for the 4th colour that goes over the shapes I've added.

i'm not sure how to remove that? it's not on my pattern anywhere...

Perhaps try this:
  1. Back up your original kit template
  2. Try opening a new file of 1024x1024 in size at 96 pixels per inch.
  3. Then make the whole layer of the new file transparent
  4. Copy the entire transparent layer
  5. Paste into a new layer over your kit template.
  6. Save the file and try on DBC14
Please keep in mind I haven't yet had a chance to have a detailed look at it yet.

Hope it works though.

Users who are viewing this thread