quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
England Odi Kit 2015......

View attachment 148516

Looks great! Any idea on when you will be releasing the kit?

By the way, just a minor note, when comparing your kit to the photo I've attached below I notice that England currently are using a shirt with the Adidas logo removed from the upper right sleeve. Was this on an earlier version of the actual kit perhaps or am I mistaken? Still, I'm really looking forward to the release of this kit. Excellent work!

Eng 15 b.jpg

smith 8130

Club Cricketer
quincy159 yap ur right i will edit & remove addidas logo.
i was found for this image....

Attachments

• AD15ENGODISHHOMEzm.jpg
    AD15ENGODISHHOMEzm.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 6
  • AD15ENGT20SHzm.jpg
    AD15ENGT20SHzm.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 6

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
quincy159 yap ur right i will edit & remove addidas logo.
i was found for this image....

Ok, I wasn't sure as I can see that there have been subtle changes since the World Cup. By the way nice work on the claws of the English Lion on the shirt. Looks really good!

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Would be super awesome if @BigAntStudios can allow these mods on the Consoles , like Pro Evolution Soccer does on PS3 .

Maybe a last thing for Patch 3 ?????

I agree. The main reason I play DBC14 on PC is that you can create and download mods.

I'm sure there must be a way to make this happen. Even if @BigAntStudios could upload the content to PSN and the Xbox equivalent for download as DLC?

The console users must feel a bit short changed?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I agree. The main reason I play DBC14 on PC is that you can create and download mods.

I'm sure there must be a way to make this happen. Even if @BigAntStudios could upload the content to PSN and the Xbox equivalent for download as DLC?

not sure short changed is the right word - it's not as if mods are a common thing on consoles: i could be wrong, but isn't PES the only console game with wide modding support? so it's not like they're being deprived of something every other game has. i do agree though that the mods add a nice level of detail in the game.

i do think though, that unless @BigAntStudios have something up their sleeves to extend the modding capabilities and overcome the limitations of sponsor/uniform/logo slots etc. there would be no value in going to whatever time or expense is needed to add console support for DBC14 - maybe they can look at that for the next iteration.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Not really, no. Folks understand beforehand that consoles are close systems, and go for consoles for ease of use (convenience) and more games. The console owners might have a reason to feel short changed if there's a patch 3 for PC but not for consoles, which knowing Ross/Big Ant is unlikely to happen.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah , no short changed is too strong . but envious and hopefull is to put it better .

And yes its only PES that has the Modding Capibility , so if they maybe put it on the to-do list for next version its also fine .

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
not sure short changed is the right word - it's not as if mods are a common thing on consoles: i could be wrong, but isn't PES the only console game with wide modding support? so it's not like they're being deprived of something every other game has. i do agree though that the mods add a nice level of detail in the game.

i do think though, that unless @BigAntStudios have something up their sleeves to extend the modding capabilities and overcome the limitations of sponsor/uniform/logo slots etc. there would be no value in going to whatever time or expense is needed to add console support for DBC14 - maybe they can look at that for the next iteration.

You are all right, "short changed", was a poor choice of words. What I was trying to say is that I'm sure console users would appreciate the ability to make use of the mods available that for the moment are only available to PC users and could be quite envious of PC users. I certainly apologise for any offence caused, especially to those at Big Ant Studios, who I believe have done a wonderful job with DBC14.

Perhaps for the next iteration, an upgrade to the DBC Academy concept which would allow for greater customisation of kits, bats, advertising boards etc...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You are all right, "short changed", was a poor choice of words. What I was trying to say is that I'm sure console users would appreciate the ability to make use of the mods available that for the moment are only available to PC users and could be quite envious of PC users. I certainly apologise for any offence caused, especially to those at Big Ant Studios, who I believe have done a wonderful job with DBC14.

Perhaps for the next iteration, an upgrade to the DBC Academy concept which would allow for greater customisation of kits, bats, advertising boards etc...

There's nothing to apologise for and you didn't say anything offensive at all. I guess it all depends on what users want. I can only speak for myself and I've no interest in mods. Even if Big Ant game had come without DBC Academy and online players' database, I would have been fine with it. I only care about the gameplay - online & offline - and would opt for a game with better gameplay over the one with more mods or licenses. If someone has customized player & team kits, jerseys etc. as a priority, they should go with PC version. At least that's what I would've done... it's not as if the PC version of the game is prohibitively expensive.

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
There's nothing to apologise for and you didn't say anything offensive at all. I guess it all depends on what users want. I can only speak for myself and I've no interest in mods. Even if Big Ant game had come without DBC Academy and online players' database, I would have been fine with it. I only care about the gameplay - online & offline - and would opt for a game with better gameplay over the one with more mods or licenses. If someone has customized player & team kits, jerseys etc. as a priority, they should go with PC version. At least that's what I would've done... it's not as if the PC version of the game is prohibitively expensive.

I agree the issue is dependent on each individual user. I bought the PC version a considerable time after the PC version came to market and after the PS3 version was released. I was already aware of the mods that were available and after reading a few tutorials I realised that modding for this game was not beyond the ability to learn. The ability to make and use mods for me was a major part of my decision to buy the PC version. To be honest, I enjoy making mods as much, if not more than playing the game and I now consider mod creation a hobby. (I also have made mods for rFactor).

Like you, if the game was not able to be modified, or was difficult to do so like some other games, I probably would have bought the PS3 version anyway for ease of use. I believe that this game is a considerable step forward in gameplay over other cricket games of the past and for me the mods available on Planet Cricket enhance the experience. In my opinion, as an ex player, the view through the batsman's' own eyes is a highlight, as is greater control over footwork. On it's own it is a fantastic product.

I feel for software developers these days as many of the people who buy games desire realism and part of that involves official licencing. The problem with that is that the cost to developers is very expensive and this usually means that they rely on high volume of sales to make a profit. For games that have a limited market, it often means that they either do not progress beyond the concept stage, or remain unsupported after release. I believe its a great idea to have the Academy as it solves the issue of licences and provides the user on any platform to create any player, team or umpire they desire from any era without the expense of 'Official Licencing'.

Again, I do hope that the Academy concept can be developed for all platforms by Big Ant at a justifiable cost. In the meantime, I for one am very satisfied with what they have given us.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A little while ago i'd have been in the @cricket_online camp regards to mods, as i've been to licenses generally.

the academy lets us create players and share across platforms and that's great - really gets away from the license issue and keeps teams fresh/up to date. regarding the kits/bats etc... well go back to Ashes 13 thread and you'll see my thoughts on "licensed kit items"...

i used to play with a few mods, then had to do a fresh install on a new computer and couldn't be bothered doing the mods again. i would have told you I wasn't missing a thing.

BUT... i've recently started putting the mods back in. i'm playing the 82 rebel tour with my logos, i've got retro bats I, @quincy159 @robbie_the_dips & @Madman have made and i would be lying if I said it didn't add an extra layer of enjoyment. the springbok logo I made especially - obviously i understand the game was never gonna have the springbok logo or old south africa flag, but equally it didn't feel right having them play under the new flag and the goat logo was a poor substitute!

gameplay is king, but the mods are a lovely cherry on top.

Users who are viewing this thread