Defensive Push

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Really enjoying the game so far.

One question...not sure if it's a bug or a missing feature. In previous iterations lightly pressing R2 (on PS4) would do a defensive push that didn't stop the ball dead. In Cricket 19 it doesn't seem to be there (Although it is hard to tell as it varies from delivery to delivery, could even that I am pressing it down too hard) - not sure if this is by design or missing.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Reactions: DAP

Rhone

International Cricketer
It was in DBC17 but not in Ashes. It's not in this version either.

A few people including myself miss it and I think bigant may be aware that its return would be welcomed.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Really enjoying the game so far.

One question...not sure if it's a bug or a missing feature. In previous iterations lightly pressing R2 (on PS4) would do a defensive push that didn't stop the ball dead. In Cricket 19 it doesn't seem to be there (Although it is hard to tell as it varies from delivery to delivery, could even that I am pressing it down too hard) - not sure if this is by design or missing.

Any thoughts appreciated.
I use it to pierce a gap and run that single.. Halfway on defensive trigger and you get that shot.. There's R1 which does the same with precision shots category..

angad

Chairman of Consent
It was in DBC17 but not in Ashes. It's not in this version either.

A few people including myself miss it and I think bigant may be aware that its return would be welcomed.

It's a big omission for me. I used to love it and then missed it a lot in Ashes...so much so that it took the joy of playing the game out of me as I used to love playing it that way.

This and the mechanism to alter length on the basis of when u push the right stick forward when bowling....these are the biggest omissions for me (both were not there in Ashes) and I miss them soooooo much. Hopefully there would be one game when BigAnt decide to bring these features back

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
I've had another look at this and if you do push down very lightly on R2 it does seem to do a shot somewhere between a normal shot and stopping the ball in it's tracks. It's hypersensitive though.

D

Deleted member 185125

I've had another look at this and if you do push down very lightly on R2 it does seem to do a shot somewhere between a normal shot and stopping the ball in it's tracks. It's hypersensitive though.
Didn't work for me. Its either block of the normal shot.

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I use it to pierce a gap and run that single.. Halfway on defensive trigger and you get that shot.. There's R1 which does the same with precision shots category..
tried it but not happening...

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
I get the impression it may be very sensitive, but see video below. First is lightly pressing R2 and second is with it fully held down using classic controls.

D

Deleted member 185125

I get the impression it may be very sensitive, but see video below. First is lightly pressing R2 and second is with it fully held down using classic controls.

The first shot looks same when you don't hold down any triggers

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The first shot looks same when you don't hold down any triggers
Oh you are expecting that defensive dab and run animation which was there in DBC 14? Thats not there but that precision shot does the same thing with normal shot animation..

Users who are viewing this thread