Desert T20 Challenge 2017 | 8 teams T20i tournament start from 14th Jan...

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Anyone know where it is being broadcasted?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Good win that for Oman. I told you they have a good side but I am disappointed in Hong Kong, 87 runs is a little less for their recent standards. Afghanistan on the second match were clear favorites and stayed on the reputation. UAE is good but Afghanistan is just little better. Good innings by Anwar but Shenwari's almost run a ball innings made sure Afghanistan were never out of the match[DOUBLEPOST=1484592516][/DOUBLEPOST]Having said that HK is practically out of the competition with two losses. Ireland and Namibia play a do or die.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
This is what I was talking about Hong Kong has such a good team :D. I was a very good Netherlands supporter but it seems where Ireland and other Associates have grown up they have declined. Hayat, Khan, Rath are really important members of the team. Ireland Afghanistan qualified but it wasnt easy for Ireland, UAE gave them a good run for their money. Oman Scotland the next match I think Scotland should be favorites but would love to see Oman winning it

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Afghanistan should have this final in the bag. Good win by Ireland in the semi vs the Jocks but the Afghan spinners should limit Ireland sufficiently to win.

My goodness Rashid Khan could really be something special. If the PCB aren't trying to dig out a bit of cash to entice him into Pakistani domestic competition they are either a) very noble to not engage in player poaching b) skint c) naive to think they have many better spinners in their system.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If the PCB aren't trying to dig out a bit of cash to entice him into Pakistani domestic competition they are either a) very noble to not engage in player poaching b) skint c) naive to think they have many better spinners in their system.
If you get some information on the relationship between Afghanistan and Pakistan, and the two respective boards, you won't be surprised anymore. And Afghans are proud people. They won't do like Morgan or Rankin and abandon their country. Although i remeber Yamin Ahmadzai playing in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy one year back, but i think it was as an overseas player.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
This is one of the reasons I have never liked or followed Scotland. They seem to always under-perform in each and every opportunity given to them. Look at Ireland, Oman, HK, Afghanistan and even heck Nepal. Whenever given opportunity they have done really well. Scotland and Netherlands have regressed.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Semis and Finals on the same day ? Isn't that too much ?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
This is one of the reasons I have never liked or followed Scotland. They seem to always under-perform in each and every opportunity given to them. Look at Ireland, Oman, HK, Afghanistan and even heck Nepal. Whenever given opportunity they have done really well. Scotland and Netherlands have regressed.

A touch harsh on Scotland. Scotland are quite like Ireland in that the majority of their better players are getting slightly longer in the tooth, Ireland undoubtedly have a better core with several players maintaining county contracts but there just doesn't seem to be the quality of youngster coming through that will take either to the next level. Ireland have high hopes for Little, Tucker and Mulder and Scotland (who I know a hell of a lot less about) certainly for Watt but beyond that neither are growing as a cricketing nation to the extent of Afghanistan, their progress has been remarkable.

The Dutch are a lost cause, full of 2nd generation Saffers, Aussies and Kiwis. Totally unsustainable.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Semis and Finals on the same day ? Isn't that too much ?

I would have agreed if Ireland had 40 back to back overs in the field but they've won the toss and batted so at least they should, to an extent, be able to have a bit of a rest.

As a concept I think finals days is a great idea.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
If you get some information on the relationship between Afghanistan and Pakistan, and the two respective boards, you won't be surprised anymore. And Afghans are proud people. They won't do like Morgan or Rankin and abandon their country. Although i remeber Yamin Ahmadzai playing in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy on year back, but i think it was as an overseas player.

Rashid Khan needs to be playing test cricket sooner rather than later.

Does the Afghan first class competition have first class status currently? If so I think they'll definitely have jumped equal if not ahead of Ireland as the next cab of the rank for test cricket.

I'd certainly like to see how Zimbabwe would go against them in a 5 day match.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Does the Afghan first class competition have first class status currently? If so I think they'll definitely have jumped equal if not ahead of Ireland as the next cab of the rank for test cricket
They've applied for it.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Well I think this final demonstrates just how far Afghanistan are ahead of every other associate in these kind of conditions. Ireland hammered Scotland who won their group unbeaten and are now being made to look like a team of schoolboys.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think Zimbabwe should have played this competition. This is their calibre to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread