MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't want to be too optimistic, but I think some random settings in the BIOS and with that RivaTuner program have helped things. I'm sure as soon as I post this it will crash, but it has been going solid for about 3 hours now without issue doing resource intensive stuff.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did you play about with the AGP settings as i suggested? (Bios AGP and normal setting id x4/8)?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Did you play about with the AGP settings as i suggested? (Bios AGP and normal setting id x4/8)?
Nope, still using x8, I changed some settings around PCI latency and Memory Configuration, as well as some of the other AGP settings.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Any news?
Well it has locked up a few times since that post, but no where near the frequency as when I first posted. I'm fairly sure the PSU needs replacing, so will probably do that at some point soon.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well it has locked up a few times since that post, but no where near the frequency as when I first posted. I'm fairly sure the PSU needs replacing, so will probably do that at some point soon.

Glad you have at least seen some improvement.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well I bought a new PSU today, when taking the old one out I noticed it was only 400W, the new one is 500W, and is much quieter. So even if the PSU doesn't solve any remaining issues, I'm sure the silence it brings is worth the fairly small price I paid for it ($28).

But obviously I hope it fixes the other issues too.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Exactly the reason why the 400W might have failed you. The no name ones, or the locals, don't actually deliver the claimed power and amperage. Otherwise a reputed brand's 400W like CM could've easily fit your rig. :)

Lets see how it goes with the new one! :)

Users who are viewing this thread