Your Cricket Diet and Fitness.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Diet and Fitness are always important if you wanna be at your best. So what kind of food intake and Exercises you do to keep yourself fit and healthy?

OffCutters

International Coach
I have a long run every weekend, improved my fitness dramatically, i started doing this 2 years ago, and at that time i was level 13 on the beep test and now i`m managing 14 odd so pretty sick :p

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I was set a diet by my school. They said 'you must follow this diet if you wan't to play for the firsts next year'. I was like, 'Okay'.

I never followed it, don't see why I should let cricket take over my diet and favourite foods when I only play it for a bit of fun here and there.

My idea of being being healthy before a cricket match or training session is going to the pasta bar at lunch. Apart from that... No, not really.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well,never do anything special with diet for playing cricket even when I was my school team captain:p

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well my diet consists of the following. I started this around a month ago not for cricketing but for six pack abs :D

BREAKFAST:
2 Egg Whites
1 Full bowl of Porridge
1 Cup of Tea
1 glass of semi-skimmed Milk
1 big glass of Water
--------------------------------------------
LUNCH

Medium sized Tuna Mayonaise or Cheese & Onion sandwich (alternating each day)
----------------------------------------------

SUPPER
1 plate of alternating Salads
1 plate of: Spinach/Aloo Gobi/Dal/Meat
1 bowl of chopped Onions in vinegar
1 Roti (Nan bread)
----------------------------------------------------

SNACKS

Cereal (Wheatabix, Corn Flakes)
2 bottles of Water.

1 Chocolate bar, Red Bull, Crisp packet a week

Jogging 12 minutes every day.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
What's do good about chopped onions? :confused: My dad has it and is always telling me to eat it?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have not liked getting fixed to a certain diet and then following it throughout the day, week, month, year. If I think I want to eat something, I would try to get it and eat it. But now considering that I have bloated up a lot, I have to reconsider my decision to follow a diet.

micoach

School Cricketer
I think the Precision Nutrition rules by Dr. John Berardi are excellent. They don't restrict what you can eat, just show you how to enjoy eating healthy. big difference in my book.

Fitness-wise, if I was to give a two word summary of what is best for most people it's this: strength training. (Bit more complex than that I know, but strength training is the core of it all).

blake

School Cricketer
I eat junk food pretty much every day, but I stay active and I'm one of the more healthier people around, so I've never really bothered with a diet. I'm still skinny, fit, can run long distance, why bother?

The only time I actually eat something properly is on the morning before cricket - never eat a sugary cereal or a snack, always go for a decent breakfast to get started.. like Weet Bix or Muesli Flakes or something decent.

micoach

School Cricketer
I'm still skinny, fit, can run long distance, why bother?

Because you won't always be like that. The older you get with bad habits the harder they are to break when you body starts to object.

I'm not saying live like a monk or anything, just get some nutrients in rather than empty calories.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
My nutrition (whether Play or not play cricket)
Daily Morning: 1 liter of milk without cream.
Break Fast: 3 Chapaties
Lunch: Rice with some curry (Mostly Ladies finger or beans)
15:30 hours brunch: 1 liter milk with Bournvita.
17:30 hours snacks: Samosa Ragda or Pav Baji (Alternate)
19:30 hours snacks: 1 liter milk
22:00 hours Dinner: 4 Chapaties with some curry and curd rice with lemon pickle.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I'm not fussed about my diet. I eat about twice as much as the average adult, consume about 6 serves of Calcium a day and I'm 179cm, 55kg and have a blood pressure of about 90.

Will try to build up some muscle over the holidays, but won't stop eating!

KBC

Panel of Selectors
It tastes wonderful! Especially in vinegar :)

Vinegar! Controls rate of flow of glucose into the blood, Good for Diabetic people like me, Only if vinegar tastes good though! :sarcasm :facepalm:laugh:p

Users who are viewing this thread