Health/Diet/Weight Loss/Fitness Management

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If your dad is 5'8" you should be aiming for 5'9" or 5'10" around so make sure you eat a lot.

12 glasses of water is a lot and definitely enough.

I'm Hindu as well, I assumed since you live in Bangladesh that you are Muslim:p.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Stuff like this doesn't make sense to me. Honey is nothing more than sugar, plain and simple. You have to be avoiding things like this at all costs to lose weight.

Provided you're sticking to your daily calorie limit, there's nothing wrong with it. Sugar doesn't make you fat; fat doesn't make you fat; carbs don't make you fat. Too many extra calories make you fat. Besides, there's a big difference between naturally occurring sugar in honey and refined sugar. ;)

kushy28

Club Cricketer
Joined aerobics last day feeling some what stressed to work out but happy to be healthy.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Just thought I'd post this:

QGDCk.jpg

:lol

This is for everyone who says squatting below parallel is bad for you.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just thought I'd post this:

:lol

This is for everyone who says squatting below parallel is bad for you.

Is squatting good for obese people? Especially for people who have lumbar pain issues. I have been having lumbar pain for quite sometime now.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Is squatting good for obese people? Especially for people who have lumbar pain issues. I have been having lumbar pain for quite sometime now.

If you're very overweight, and have lumbar issues, I'd have a chat with your doctor first to be honest. Or maybe a physio would be able to advise you better as a lot of doctors don't really understand about weight lifting.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Eh well I've got lower back pain as well that occasionally comes up. I've only started squats recently and in total have ever only done about five or six and that was a few days ago to check the technique (avoiding all leg-related exercises as I've got an injury)... Any link? Does squatting actually cause back pain?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Just joined the gym today and after using the rowing machine for 15 mins I got a blood blister on my hand, haha. I've got a fitness assessment thing next Monday.

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
My weight is getting low and lower. Even a week ago it was 48 kg now its 45 kgs! I'm as thin as Mitchell Starc or Ashton Agar. I'm following thedon5's advice though,.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Just joined the gym today and after using the rowing machine for 15 mins I got a blood blister on my hand, haha. I've got a fitness assessment thing next Monday.

How do you get a blood blister from rowing:p?

Buy gloves maybe. What gym you at?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
How do you get a blood blister from rowing:p?

Buy gloves maybe. What gym you at?

I'm not really sure, it just appeared after I'd been going for like 15 minutes. The rest of my hands are completely fine, except it which is just below my left pinky. I did play golf yesterday (without a glove), so that might've had something to do with it.

Just the uni gym, pretty cheap ($295 for students) but probably a fair price considering how busy it can get.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Tweaked my back a bit over the weekend so might not be able to go gym all week. I bloody hate it when this happens! It was my own stupid fault: I lifted something the wrong way. Ironic really - I'd never dream of lifting a barbell that way...

In other news, I'm going to sign up for a Level 1 Fitness Instructor course. I enjoy fitness, I love being in the gym and I enjoy motivating people. :) With any luck that'll happen in October, so I can go straight to Level 2 in the New Year - after that, you're qualified.

Abner007

School Cricketer
Here are really nice and most informative article is written by you. I think that it is most important to stay healthy and also good to keep your body fit that you take a balanced diet and also do some more exercise. In an exercise you can do cycling and swimming.

Last edited:

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Does anyone have any tips to get a more muscular calf muscles? Need a bit help here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread