Story Integrating Love with respect to Cricket- Punishment!

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 12.7:
The Big Match- HMVCC v DCA.

Hindi Maha Vidyalaya Cricket Club needs 6 runs to win from 1 ball.

Di Maria's face showed how nervous he was. I tried to calm him down but at the first place, I myself was more nervous. I recollected the instance where Shivnarine Chanderpaul hit last ball six to clinch match from Sri Lanka, and that is what I reminded Di Maria off. The last ball.. the bowler starts his run up, Di Maria's eyes were looking as if he was the one do to it... anndddd.............

cricket_infypune_img_9433.jpg

:facepalmCLEAN BOWLED:facepalm

I knew it was all over, but a bright light before it got off will not take us to victory most of the times. I was disappointed- we had many hopes on Di Maria, especially when he connected six a ball ago. I went to him, tapped his back and hugged him. Yes he was disappointed. Out opponents came and shook hands with us. We had decent handshake session with all the team mates and we walked back to pavilion.

Our coach tapped Di Maria's back and everyone were looking me like a villan. I sat down, seriously. I knew I lost the game by wasting two balls, which actually costed the game. A race was running in my mind- whether to be depressed for delivering loss or to be positive to learn from the mistakes and go on. Yes- I had couple of tears in my eyes. Di Maria's inning went in vain because of me. I knew I had to tell sorry, but didn't knew whom to tell. Whether it is Kaustub, whom I injured. Whether it is Di Maria, whose inning went in vain. Whether it is our coach- for letting the team down.

In the sadness, I gulped down three bottles of water and somehow the sadness in me got subsided. Every bit of my body kept on yelling at me "You are man of the match- perfect way to lose a game" I clapped hard- yes it was very hard to digest the loss. I knew we were going to lose, but definitely not in this painful manner. I said "Well played guys" dunno who spoke in me, but I spoke. I washed my face for fifteen minutes, when all the players started leaving. Coach tapped me- said "its not world cup or life deciding matrch, just let it go."

Someone carried my kit- my body wasn't in a position to come out of that temporary pavilion- I wanted to stay there and win it for my team. But coach's force meant I had to come out from that. The very ground where we suffered defeat gave a scary glimpse.

Satya was waiting for me near bus. She talked to coach and made sure she was taking me to home. She gave me a hug, I wasn't in a position to give her perfect hug. She rubbed my hair, and she took me to my home in her Activa. My kit was at my coaching academy.

She came to my home- probably for the very first time. She handed me over to my parents and let my dad know what exactly happened. (My mommy doesn't understand cricket:lol). I slept without taking any food.

.... To Be Continued

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Did I fix the match or just jinxed it? :) You better focus on the game than washing face for 15 mins, not a beauty contest. :p

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 13:
OMG! Heavy Punishment.

The next day, we all were informed to gather at the HMVCC by 5 PM sharp. I called up MJ to ask how is he recovering. Positive sign- he might play the third match. A message to Kaustub on facebook and he replies he is fine and he may play the next game. And then, with a twin mind of "Yes or No" I called Satya. She lift the call and she talked to me fine. She asked me to do my best for the next game. Then after a 30 minute talk, we hanged our phones as it was close to 4 PM and I had to get ready for my club.

After warm ups, we planned strategy for the next game. As we received shocks like injuries to Kau and MJ in eleventh hour, he was not much humiliated with our loss. In addition to that, Di Maria's fight made us see a respectable defeat. Although one thing he made sure- we aren't supposed to do the mistakes we did in the earlier match.

My body was too weak. Yeah, I was fit enough to live, but definitely not to play. I needed some more stamina to go out and play the next day. I voluntarily spoke out to our coach

"Sir, after hectic yesterday- looks like my body isn't fit enough for cricket tomorrow.:noway"

"You must concentrate on being fit first, not getting reverse swing or bowling at 150 KMPH. Enough is enough- you aren't allowed to touch cricket ball for whatsoever may be the reason. Your attendance in this club is must and only thing you have to do for upcoming 15 days is exercise-exercise and exercise. In case if you are found touching ball/bat/stumps or anything else, you will be rusticated for life time."

"Oops- it'd have been better if I'd have said stomach upset by not turning up tomorrow" what I thought:p. Anyways, I started doing so called "exercise". I just sat in one corner- kept on texting Satya. I was asked to switch on the floodlits and it was then I understood my role in the club for the next fifteen days. Do the job of a peon.

As soon as my coach noticed my continual texting- he made a grand announcement. "Everybody must deposite their mobile phones at reception. Mobile Phones will not be encouraged on field from the next day:facepalm. "GODDD! He has gone mad. He is behind me" I thought.

So, it was one final day of using phone on ground. I made the most of it. It was at 08:45 PM, when coach called me and everyone lined up. He ended the practice and asked myself and MJ to stay back. We bid bye to everyone and waited for our coach. I was tensed- I and MJ had a brief chat regarding the yesterdays loss. The points where we could have come back. And yes- my misses costed a lot.

Finally our coach came. He said us something, which I never dreamt of. He asked us to play the next days game, irrespective of our body conditions. He said "Look, I have a rumor that tomorrows game may be the match where we can expect the selectors of Hyderabad Cricket Association to turn up. Play tomorrows game and perform. You both are the best batsman and bowler in our camp and I want you both to represent at least Hyderabad, if not India. I have not announced the XI yet, but you be prepared, you both are playing tomorrow."

I understood the intensity of these words. I suddenly got a feeling- "Yes, my coach trusts in me and I have to perform". I was mentally prepared to play the next days game. "Yes- pace is my power and I will show how deadly a pacer can be". Those were the words I had in my mind and I dozed off with the very same mentality.

.... To Be Continued

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Great update man go to the field and give pacey performance.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 14:
Ready For Game

Playing XI was announced- two changes- Manish and Kaustub enter the XI. Yes, I wasn't the captain, so MJ walked out for the toss. Yes- as foreseen, Sunil Joshi and VVS Laxman were at ground. We won the toss and Manish opted to bat first without a second thought. "Wooophieeee.. Rest, for some more time" I thought and went to dressing room, skipping practice.

Our openers walked out, they performed some exceptional cricket as the intentions were pretty clear. The run rate was being maintained well above 8 for the first 5 overs, but MJ slowed down due to his injury. Vamsi got out at team score of 95 in 12 overs, which paved way for di Maria's entry. Yes, coach wanted us to keep the run rate. MJ and di Maria played exceptional cricket and we all remained clapping from dressing room. MJ scored his century, di Maria scored his 50, when MJ decided to walk off due to his injury. Chandra Kiran walked out, gave handy support to di Maria while scoring. The team's score reached 300 in just 40 overs, just for loss of one wicket. di Maria was at 92, Kiran was 69.

di Maria got out at 99, trying to hit big, and MJ walked back to resume his inning. There was no looking back- our batsmen made our intentions clear- we are winning. Manish continued the smashing- took our team to a unbelievable total of 388. Chandra Kiran got out at 85, Kaustub was sent ahead for smashing and he did his job as he got blind 20 odd runs from off 7 balls.

HMVCC: 388-3
Overs: 50
DCA needs 389 runs to win from 50 overs.

.... To Be Continued

Users who are viewing this thread