Story Integrating Love with respect to Cricket- Punishment!

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Butterflies in the stomach, eh? Thats pretty understandable. Let the game begin!
What is it with sportsmen and women that they ingest so many live Lepidoptera? (Side-effect of adrenalin perhaps? ;))

Dipak

ICC Board Member
I wanted a little more content in that update. It would've been more fun if you had included a few overs of the game too, since I eagerly wait for the story. Anyways the update is good and best of luck!

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Well, am very sorry to say, but this will be official end of this story due to personal decisions taken on me by someone. The reason behind this decision is if I continue from now, this won't be as entertaining as it was earlier (especially the love part of it). I hope you people accept my decision.

Cheers:).

PS: Mods may go ahead closing it:thumbs.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 12.4:
The Big Match- HMVCC v DCA.

The players spread around, the batsman took his stance when the umpire finally said "PLAY." I was very nervous about how I was going to bowl, but there was someone in the stands whom I could recognize. "Its SATYA" my mind echoed. Goosebumps all over, I wanted to just forfeit the match and start talking to her. But that isn't what a gentleman does. The conflict between profession and love are always dangerous. You never know how you'd end up.

With a deep breath and strong heart, I started my run up. Yes although she was present, she didn't wish me luck. I wanted that before I do this. I deliberately left the ball at midst of my run up, so that may be, she will wish me luck as I see her.

thumbs-up.jpg

A good luck from people we love is always a strength.​

I did walk back slowly to my position, from where I start the run up. Yes, I was looking at her all the time I was doing. My heart was beating as if she could heart my heart beat. Then finally, when I left the hope, she gave thumbs up, with both hands up in the air.

r434863_2087960.jpg

This is how I felt after she wished luck.​

All concentration was back on the ball as I started my run up. The satisfaction of achieving something was in my heart, and I could concentrate probably more on the ball. I didn't even notice who is the batsman who is facing, I just aimed wickets and put my full arm power on the ball while leaving it. Boom! It got paid off! The batsman was bowled:cheers. And this meant I had no limits to my celebration. I had no control in my body, I wanted to give her a strong hug. I sprinted towards her madly and I then I realized that I was at midst of cricket match. Then I did a small lap kind of thing, back to my place, where I had to start run up.

It was late after that delivery, I realized that I was bowling in power play. Although coach was taking care of field settings from pavilion, all I had to do was listen to his instructions and play the game. I ended that over by conceding 3 runs, as the opponents wanted to make sure they were not targeting me. I jogged to my field position, I was placed at slip, so that I could go back to my bowling end at quick time after the over.

Second over was almost run a ball affair as they managed to score 5 runs from it. Our bowler Vijay Kiran had solid nets session as he was practicing right besides me. He was 3 years younger than me and still he found himself in the playing XI of a club (16 years). He was dealt with ones and twos as well, as he had pretty decent line and length. After each and every ball, I was staring at her like a mad fellow, ordering keeper to notify me when the ball was being bowled.

May be they wanted to scare me, but the first delivery of my second over was hit out of ground for a huge six! He was a left handed batsman, who had a heavy bat. Just a decent loft and the ball hit the sight screen straightaway! I didn't except this because I took a wicket and I thought they would be definitely scared of me. The next ball was thumped for six again. All of a sudden, I had 15 runs against my name just for 1.2 overs. This wasn't something I was habituated to. Whenever I used to ball, I had decent figures, definitely not this bad. I was frustrated, more than being hit- she was watching the match. I wanted to gift her presence with a memorable 5 wicket haul, with as less economy as possible, but I didn't expect it to turn out to in this way. Then I decided to forget her presence, played the game like I was playing alone.

I decided to concentrate on my line and length, I was punished for a boundary in the fifth ball and rest all were ducked by the batsman. I believed that I was going to be changed due to this, as expected, my fielding position was changed as well. This time, I was placed at long on. Vijay Kiran had to bowl. He was scared to bowl by seeing what happened in the last over. One single and the hard hitter will be on strike. But somehow, he was treated decently as he gave 5 runs, which meant they were 29-1 after 4 overs.

sports47_023.jpg

Edged and GONE!!:cheers

As expected, Raghunandan was handed the ball, I was bought back to slip position. For the first time, I felt relaxed after not giving me bowling. I didn't want to bowl in a conditions where I was being banged. Raghunandan bowled at relatively slow paces when compared to me and Vijay Kiran. He managed to get the wicket of the guy other than the hard hitter. I was responsible for the catch, as the ball edged and came on to my hand straight. He ended that over by conceding 6 runs.

To my surprise, coach asked me to bowl.:eek: Change in end- will it work out?

DCA: 35-2
Overs: 5
Naresh: 22*(10)
Prithvi Raj: 2-0-19-1
Raghunandan: 1-0-6-1

.... To Be Continued

PS: Hahaha, its back. The notice says "This is an old thread. The last post was 511 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.", but I decided to pull it back. Needless to mention, Suren bhais story is inspiration, but also now I am in a position to continue this story, which doesn't deserve an abrupt end. The first post is updated with index, and one must read all the chapters so as to have awesome feel in reading this.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That's one awesome news to hear you resuming this. Ofcourse did notice that this thread got opened silently, was having some early hints. :D

Very glad to see some of our old writers coming back. Unfortunately AC13 game turned out worse than crap for giving birth to new stories here, but am hoping very positively on DBC 14 game to do that trick!

Good luck Binnu. :)

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
That's one awesome news to hear you resuming this. Ofcourse did notice that this thread got opened silently, was having some early hints. :D

Very glad to see some of our old writers coming back. Unfortunately AC13 game turned out worse than crap for giving birth to new stories here, but am hoping very positively on DBC 14 game to do that trick!

Good luck Binnu. :)
I already mentioned in your thread about bringing back one of my old stories which I left over a year ago:p. Yeah, I am collecting money to buy DBC, lets see how it pans out. Thanks a lot:thumbs

That part was EPIC!
Will be looking forward for this story from you. :)
Thanks man. :clap

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Great to see this story back Binnu looking forward for more updates.:cheers

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 12.5:

DCA: 35-2
Overs: 5
Naresh: 22*(10)
Prithvi Raj: 2-0-19-1
Raghunandan: 1-0-6-1

Change in end, and I tried some serious pace this time. Yes it was very second day I came back to professional cricket and I was even more fit than actually I was. I decided to use my weapon of destruction, pace. Pace and bounce will be a bit scary. Yes it was Naresh, the hard hitter of the ball on strike. I decided to experiment a bit because I knew he was going to target me anyways. I held cross seam and tried to release the ball with two fingers with a bit wrist motion. Yes I had to apply bit more force and do all that without compromising my line and length.

I decided to do that to a fielder near by, line was quite fair but length was hopeless. I decided to go with it irrespective of what it was. A wide or 5 runs- I wanted to do it. Good length right in the line of leg stump. Yes he was a south paw. The chances were too high for a wide, and as expected, it ended up wide. I don't know how it turned, but it turned the other way (leg side) when I tried to turn it the other side:p. Thankfully the Wicket keeper was standing at a fair distance and he stopped the ball.

That over was pure mix of experience and experimentation from my side. I conceded only 2 runs. The overs went on, I bowled at decent pace, with odd balls being experimented. I saved 5 overs for the last ten, where the batsmen tend to loosen their throttle. In the process, they didn't seem to attack anyone, that 16 run over might have been just a one off fluke over, but that did disappoint me a lot. We were bowling economically, spinners were good too, but we weren't getting wickets at quick succession. Yes we got wickets, but the partnerships were being built. Almost all partnerships upto the fall of 5th wicket had minimum of 50 runs to them, and their score at the end of 40th over was 204-5, which was very good compared to the conditions on that day.

westindiespackerseries_original_original_crop_650.jpg

Drinks breaks are essential to sort the things out and proceed ahead being a better player.​

A brief drinks break when it started to drizzle a bit. Yes, the atmosphere was quite overcast and we would definitely have tough time in chasing the total. Sunil Joshi was sitting there all the time, patiently watching the local match. I could notice it, and I was pretty sure he will be having few names on his notepad by the evening. My coach came to the middle, gave me some important tips, on how to deal with old balls. Possibility of reverse swing was being discussed. Coach bought a 40 over old ball and tested reverse swing on the out field. It wasn't working though:noway.

The orders were clear, I and Chandra Kiran (Chandu) must ball and in case if anyone is being hammered ruthlessly, then Raghunandan must be given the ball. I loosened myself- MJ and I discussed about the max target we could possibly chase, and the possibility of keeping them to low total. "250-260 must be the deadline" MJ said as the umpire asked him to walk out. Coach gave the fielders good amount of motivation, and I was absolutely surprised to see Satya still sitting in the stand, even though it was slightly drizzling.

I decided to go with my wild pace. I wanted to use it as my prime weapon. Started run up and used some strong pace to beat the batsman. The batsman just gave a good leave, as he wasn't expecting such heavy pace. Team mates started clapping. The support staff also started clapping. A bit of what you call "Home Support" was being felt. It was encouraging because that support gives you enough confidence to bowl at proper areas. The next ball was a dot ball, defended by the batsman. Ball by ball, my confidence improved. All batsmen were able to do is rotate the strike and get some handy singles and twos.

Chandu on the other end- looked like he was not in a mood to take the ball. He was a medium pacer and he was taken for granted. He leaked 8 runs. Coach looked a bit worried, leaking 8 runs isn't something what he is expected to do any day. He took two wickets earlier in the innings in just 4 overs. So, I thought may be he is bowling to get wickets. This trend continued. I remained wicket less after the first ball of the innings till 44th over, where the partnership was finally broken. He tried to hit the ball for a six, but the ball was a bit slower and he ended up edging the ball. Di Maria finished the proceedings to taking the catch.

This pattern became kind of regular- whenever they try to score runs in heavy amount, they were losing wickets. Chandu cashed the situation as he removed two batsmen in a single over, to ensure all the people with batting ability were sent to pavilion. One of the wicket was hit back to bowler and he caught it. The other one came off as the batsman tried to play VilScoop, but his poor connectivity skills meant the ball hit the stumps.

AB%20de%20Villiers_BCCI_18835-ed.jpg

Not all can play shots of this kind.​

I was getting weak ball by ball as I was playing the game after almost 6 months. I called for energy drinks and MJ bought it. He asked me to use pace for destructing their tail. I gulped Gatorade heavily, and the first ball I bowled a slower one because I was already running out of energy. Then the glucose consumed started working as I was able to run a bit faster. I tried to put the entire energy in me- and that paid off. The batsman couldn't judge the pace as the stump was shattered. They were 9 wickets down- when their batsman hit me for a huge six. I was absolutely derailed with that kind of shot coming from him. He was last batsman of the tail and he managed to send the ball out of boundary. I bowled a slower delivery and he managed to loft it very high in the air, but Raja Rajan didn't make any mistake in catching the ball perfectly.

"235- not bad" someone whispered. I took my cap, and went to our dressing room. Satya gave me a pat on shoulder and welcomed me with a smile at the stairs, but only players are allowed in dressing room.

DCA: 235-10
Overs: 46.4
Gyanesh: 76(80)
Prithvi Raj: 9.4-1-48-4
Hindi Maha Vidyalaya Cricket Club needs 236 runs to win from 50 overs at 4.72 runs per over.

.... To Be Continued

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
The GF Story is back

RPHKR

National Board President
Good update. I liked the way you started with the 'thumbs up' thing. Thanks for resuming the story.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 12.6:

DCA: 235-10
Overs: 46.4
Gyanesh: 76(80)
Prithvi Raj: 9.4-1-48-4
Hindi Maha Vidyalaya Cricket Club needs 236 runs to win from 50 overs at 4.72 runs per over.

Our lunch was delivered by the time we took our seats at our dressing room. Our coach was not so happy- 235 was almost out of our reach without MJ. But still, we didn't lose our hope. Our coach gave some motivational words while we were taking our food. We had typical Roti Dal, limited diet- 3 rotis and 250 Grams of Dal- with Sugarcane Juice. Our openers and two batsmen after them ate quickly and they started knocking. I was too tired, I was eating slowly. Raghunandan and Chandu finished their lunch quickly and gave some practice to the batsmen.

By the time we settled down at our pavilion- the opening batsmen were ready and they were waiting for umpires. Our opponents were also ready, and then walked in the umpires. We cheered our team- clapped to our batsmen. Anuridh was taking strike, facing one of the fastest bowlers in the city. The sky was totally overcast and the ball was likely to experience wild swing.

Cricket_forward_defensive.jpg

Tuk Tuk- Tuk Tuk Everywhere:noway.​

The openers started the innings well- added the first thirty runs fearlessly in 7 overs. Then Vamsi got one wake up call as the opponent bowler bowled a short pitched delivery, which he edged and the ball missed wicket by a whisker. The duo played some sensible cricket, respecting good deliveries and scoring twos for loose ones. There came in a point where we didn't score even a single boundary for almost 8 overs.

"Hundred for no loss after 26 overs"- very slow cricket. We needed 136 more to win in 24 overs. At this rate- we would be on losing end but we thought the run rate would be throttled. But unfortunately, the spinners were doing well for them. Of course, we had all ten wickets in hand, but their spinners were dominating like anything and then they got their first blood. Vamsi got out for his personal score of 59, as we lost our first wicket on 139. We needed 97 from 90 balls. Then we decided to send Chandu- who has ability to play according to the situation. He played kind of well, but he got out aiming for a big six. His rapid 20 in 15 made us inch towards victory, as we needed 70 from 72 balls.

Raja Rajan, one experienced batsman after MJ- walked in at his customary position. His cricket kept the opponents on their feet as he never missed a chance. Spinners were dominating though- as Anirudh gave away his precious wicket in 90s to a left arm spinner. He scored 96 from 140, and it paved way for Melwin Di Maria- the wicket keeper batsman. Chasing 60 from 59, both the batsmen underwent litmus test as spinners were bowling unexpected deliveries. Raja Rajan kept on doing tuk-tuk and the required run rate got full throttle as we needed 50 to get from 24. Rajan got out trying to hit a biggie, and so did Nanda Krishna, the new batsmen who went. 48 from 18 and we hit the tail.:facepalm

I got padded up as I knew the moment is not so far where I had to go to center. Melwin was not so aggressive and finally he unleashed his brutual power. He scored 28 off an over, which gave us something to smile for. Four-Four-Six-Four-Six-Four and the opponents were defending 24 from 12. Raghunandan managed to connect two boundaries and he got out. Yes I had to walk in.

As I entered, the equation was 16 from 7 and I found myself on strike. I didn't knew what I had to do. A four could do wonders- but if not a four, I shouldn't keep Di Maria away from strike. I said it twice thrice to myself- "I shouldn't keep Di Maria away from strike. I was nervous- the bowler was a spinner, and as soon as the ball came, I came front foot, lofted the ball towards the boundary. The ball connects well, but it takes a bounce after 30 yard circle. We ran single and Di Maria says No to second:facepalm.

article-0-1A9294CE000005DC-670_634x329.jpg

Melwin- You're taking us to victory!!!​

15 runs from 6 balls. "oh god, didn't you get any better situation to keep me in" I uttered myself- and had a brief chat with Maria. I clearly said- "I am going to take a single- you finish the innings. Do not give me strike, unless its something gettable by me." He gave a nod- and walked back to our ends. The bowler was a pacer- who generally bowls at decent speed. The overcast conditions helped him a lot and he started his run up. "MISSSSS:facepalm" 15 from 5 and "MISS AGAIN:facepalm". The ball swung and on both the occasions, the ball missed the stumps by whisker.

This time I went front foot, lofted the ball towards man at the boundary and made sure I get a single. 14 from 3 and Di Maria scores a two. I was running at the danger end and I dived to reach in time. 12 from 2- practically we needed to score two sixes to pull this. Di Maria got his stance ready as the bowler bowls a yorker delivery, what Di Maria expects. BANG!! Its SIX!! One more of such shot and we were in the winning end.

Di Maria's face showed how nervous he was. I tried to calm him down but at the first place, I myself was more nervous. I recollected the instance where Shivnarine Chanderpaul hit last ball six to clinch match from Sri Lanka, and that is what I reminded Di Maria off. The last ball.. the bowler starts his run up, Di Maria's eyes were looking as if he was the one do to it... anndddd.............

Hindi Maha Vidyalaya Cricket Club needs 6 runs to win from 1 ball.

.... To Be Continued

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
6 runs from 1 ball & ....
.... Clean Bowled! :)

Users who are viewing this thread