Story Integrating Love with respect to Cricket- Punishment!

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 12.1:
The Big Match- HMVCC v DCA.

It was 5:30 in the morning, when I woke up, and I proceeded to gym. I got back by 7:30, after doing fair amount of pull ups and push ups, since that was the agenda of that day. I prepared myself for the big match, although I was going to serve the water bottles, it was like playing an international game. Daniel Cricket Academy were the best one in the city, and we had healthy relations with them, considering the two academies were just half a kilometer apart.

We all knew each other well, since we arranged friendlies for every fortnight. This being a 5 match series, we all were excited to win it and make a name in headlines of city cricket. All the people who knew about it inboxed me some good luck, but Satya.... no:(. That sad feel was alive, even after I got many wishes and I was going to be part of the greatest series our club was playing. I went to club at 08:00, when everyone were practicing their part.

Our strike bowler, who used to bowl alongside me was Kaustub, who was two years younger than me. He was going to take the new ball, and I was chatting with him, as per what our coach suggested. He was a skinny guy, who didn't have much of strength. This being 50 over games, he needed to bowl 10 full overs. I just asked him to bowl at relatively lower speeds so that he could bowl out all his ten.

All this was happening with my phone in hand, eagerly waiting for a vibration. As soon as I got one, I immediately stepped on to phone, and check whose message was it. Every time I was disappointed for not getting the text. I waited waited, but never lost the hope.

"Leave for sometime" a gentle voice touched my ears piercing through strong wind. It was MJ, who kept on observing me. "Leave the phone for a while, everything will be alright. I know you are waiting for a text from your girl, they will not reply until they feel to do so." MJ continued. I started "But MJ... she is not what you are thin.." and his commanding voice out smarted my voice "Stop now, concentrate on game."

mobile_phone.jpg

My phone was switched off:(!​

I took the ball and bowled few deliveries. When I placed my phone on a bag, MJ took it, switched it off, and took the phone with him.He didn't listen to what I said, and he texted my mother- "inorder to contact Prithvi, dial to this number." I was in a helpless situation, forgot everything for a while and started bowling my heart out. Kaustub was doing bit of batting, since everyone needs fair amount of practice in every aspect of the game.

In the mean while, I though I would get a game, if I injure this silly guy out:spy. My silly mind started working, and I was all on:p. I had to injure him in the first go, if I miss it once, I cannot do it again, because I would be strictly warned not to bowl faster and tricky deliveries at nets. When all this was going on in my mind, the bus arrived. I decided to give up, but he himself gave me a golden chance to do what I needed.

sp_lee_0607_wideweb__430x306.jpg

There wasn't any David Shepard to warn me:D.​

"Heya, I need one ball, one ball which is your best so that I'll try to play it." said Kaustub. What more you need:D, I bowled my heart out, a beamer, straight on to his head and.....
.... To Be Continued

Last edited:

RPHKR

National Board President
Very good. KIU!
Excellent writeup. The last para was really awesome.
Wow! What a story! Love this. :cheers

RPHKR

National Board President
And I again read the first update, it was nice to read in the half-way of the story. :yes

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 12.2:

SUCCESSFUL! Yeah.... :D :D :D Yes, what I tried to do was successfully done:yes. In a minute, all the team members who didn't board the bus mobbed him, all I could observe in my happiness is Kaustub holding his left shoulder and crying his pain out. "Control happiness, you maddo," my mind said. I went to him, shouted loud on his face, like a comedy-sadist, in a jovial tone "If you don't have enough balls to face me, don't ask to bowl me my best, you di*khead" and went to our coach, gave my explanation on what exactly happened.

My coach was absolutely irritated- which his facial expression said. He was not bothering about any explanation. I said him straight away, by holding hands together- "Sir, the complete complexion in the team now is because of me, I'll play in his place, will you allow me?" He gave a brief nod, held my hands and separated them. We all boarded the bus, even Kaustub did. Kaustub was given a drop to his home, even though it was not in the route. He was one of my good friends, so I knew he never minded for me injuring him;).

Prayer%2BHands%2Bpic.gif

A sorry can do wonders.​

We were 15 minutes late to the ground, but that didn't matter because we reached 45 minutes prior to the start of the match.We all got geared up, Toss was going to take place 15 minutes before the match. We started our practice in just 10 minutes of time, I started bowling, the pace was constantly around 120 KMPH. I was not even putting my 100% and I was able to bowl at 120 KMPH so easily, without much of effort. MJ noticed it, he gave me a new ball and asked me to bowl. The ball started to play with the batsmen facing it.

MJ, before going to the toss, he asked me to throw in one, which I again did. This time, my silly mind worked for a while, but I controlled. Injuring MJ will mean I'll be the team captain, because I was the next most experienced player of the team on that day:p. I strongly said "NO", because without MJ, batting would get a bit weak, since he was the best batsman in our club. I just bowled a normal delivery, which he misjudged and for the first time in my life, I saw MJ's hand-eye co-ordination getting failed, which eventually ended MJ hitting his bat on his leg.:eek:

speedometer.jpg

:D Speeeeeeeeeeed :D

Might be what I am thinking is going true, within two minutes of time, MJ declared he is not playing the game and I was going to the toss.
.... To Be Continued

Last edited:

RPHKR

National Board President
Well luck queen is sitting on top of you. You naughty guy. :p
BTW who gonna replace MJ?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This story is amazing. Exams on so can't read the entire thing but I'm sure that once my exams get over I won't be able to stop myself from going through all the chapters. Great story so far, the presentation is superb too. :thumbs

BTW those are the praying hands of Durer, aren't they?

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry but personally I can't wait for the "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" chapter to end...:rolleyes

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chapter 12.3:

I got dressed up neatly in a white Tee shirt and a white track, both cleanly washed. I was ordered to choose to field first if we won the toss, because the pitch was a green one, with the out field being watered on a day where you cannot expect the sun to come out like earlier days, since the summer was done and pre monsoon was already done. I personally felt very excited to see myself bowling, because without much of difficulty, I was able to bowl 120 KMPH earlier in the nets. With a huge tension, I walked into the middle to toss the coin up. I was handed the coin and the opponent captain called it heads when I tossed the coin up.

"HEADS IT IS" said the umpire of the match, and to my surprise, the other captain decided to bat first. He handed the paper with the playing XI, but mine, I didn't even write:p. I just asked for a paper and pen, with a shameful laugh on my face. I just wrote down the XI players playing that day, and handed it over to the umpire. I was happy that I was going to get the new ball, I just warmed up for a while, and then the chief guest of the match came. He was Sunil Joshi, the coach of Hyderabad Cricket Association.

DP-13Apr-Dhi-05.jpg

I simply love this part, shaking hands with the opponent teams.​

I was shocked to see him right there, but later the teams were asked to line up and do the shake hand proceedings, a initiative by HCA which was recently introduced inorder to control player clashes. 5 minutes before the start of game, our team lined up alongside the DCA players. We were standing towards right, Sunil Joshi started to shake hand with each player, first the DCA players, then us. I didn't listen what they said, although I was moving with him and the match umpires and the opponent captain. Someone said "Right arm fast medium", where as some other said "Left Arm Spin".

Then finally came my turn of introducing the team to him. I first said my name, my role, and then started to introduce the other players. I started "Vamsi Krishna, opening batsman", "Anirudh, opening batsman", "Nanda Krishna, a batsman", "Melwin di Maria, a wicketkeeper batsman", "Chandra Kiran, all rounder", "Prabhu Joshi, all rounder (pace)", "Raghunandan, a bowler", "Raja Rajan, batsman", "Rohit Joshi, a left arm spinner", "Vijay Kiran, a pacer". As soon as we finished, we all shook hands with the opponent team.

india-cricket-wcup-india-sri-lanka-2011-4-2-6-11-2.jpg

The banter was on by the opponents, that it was a copy of this, but WDGAF;)

We huddled up, field plan was already done by our coach, he instructed us the field set, one thing what he was good for was he disclosed the plan to the total team. Each of us were fully charged up for the game, with me catching the new ball thrown by one of an umpire, as soon as our coach left the field. I loosen myself up, I was given orders to put my full pace, which even I didn't knew, since it was just two deliveries I put in practice session when I knew I was going to bowl in the match.

The players spread around, the batsman took his stance when the umpire finally said "PLAY." I was very nervous about how I was going to bowl, but....
.... To Be Continued

Last edited:

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Butterflies in the stomach, eh? Thats pretty understandable. Let the game begin!

Users who are viewing this thread